|30 Sep 2011||#1|
| || |
BSOD Random, While Surfing Internet. Virus from Searches??
Was just surfing the internet and bam got a BSOD, at the time of BSOD I was overclocked, I just recently set my system back to default timings, with no overclock. Wondering if this is a Virus of somesort. Thank you all.
|My System Specs|
|30 Sep 2011||#2|
| || |
No DMP's included in upload. Please try this method.
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD Random, While Surfing Internet. Virus from Searches??|
|BSOD surfing the internet random crash error 0x80004005||BSOD Help and Support|
|random BSOD when surfing net||BSOD Help and Support|
|One Random BSOD While Surfing 'Net||BSOD Help and Support|
|Internet searches are redirecting me to some random sites.||Browsers & Mail|
|BSOD While Surfing Internet||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD when surfing Internet||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.