|04 Oct 2011||#1|
| || |
Win7 stalls, Win7 Explorer keeps crashing
Hi to all! I am working on a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 7 with 2GB RAM on a Core 2 Duo chipset. This laptop is about 2 years old. The machine has been optimized (using a couple programs), is bug-free and malware free, defragged, you name it. The drivers are up to date. And yet, it still behaves strangely!
1. The screen often "whites-out" after clicking a couple times; there is a stall of up to 20 seconds at times waiting for the screen to come back. Happens often.
2. Windows Explorer crashes often! Never a msg. given or other lead to follow. Happens most often when using FireFox and Chrome.
3. Inside any program, there is a delay after clicking on different items' functions; scrolling, highlighting, and other routine functions always delay in response. Have checked those settings in control panel, but nothing wrong there.
4. There is plenty of space on the hard drive (which is new).
To sum it all up; this machine defies all I've attempted so far to speed up response times. Adding more RAM isn't the ultimate answer, as it seems to be more a system problem than hardware. I would appreciate any and all suggestions; this one is mocking me!
|My System Specs|
|04 Oct 2011||#2|
| || |
There are many reasons why a PC " behaves" this way.
These annoying " gliches" may be caused by an overloaded hard drive, overworked CPU, Malware, running 2 AV 's, unnecessary data, Browser addons or you may have unnecessary programs running in the background etc....
Troubleshooting steps for you to try -
* Go to search, type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
* Download SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes, run a full scan after you update
* Run another Antivirus scan.
*Type event viewer, in search (by start button) > Windows Logs > Application & System.
Look for RED critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.
Note the event ID, and the source codes and Google search them.
* Make sure that you are not over heating.
* Make sure PSU is working properly.
* If overclocking, restore to original.
* Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Win7 stalls, Win7 Explorer keeps crashing|
|Win7 shutdown stalls||Performance & Maintenance|
|Win7 installation stalls at second reboot||Installation & Setup|
|win7 pc crashing||BSOD Help and Support|
|Win7 keeps crashing||BSOD Help and Support|
|win7 crashing down||BSOD Help and Support|
|Win7 stalls on Parental controls *bug*||BSOD Help and Support|
|Win7 x64 explorer keeps on crashing||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.