Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BDOS 2nd time this week, collected all info, but cause unknown.

06 Oct 2011   #1
Approachable

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD 2nd time this week, collected all info, but cause unknown.

My first Bluescreen occured on Monday, 3rd October and I took to Microsoft website to find information and I was told that if it only occured once that is could've been just an anomaly, but occured today again, Thursday, 6th October.

I was looking forward to relaxing after a tedious week at school and I was on a game website,w hich I frequent, while I patch the game and that's when it occurred.

On Monday I had just logged on my PC and was letting my Instant Messengers log in, turned my back to get my bottle of water and when I turned back my computer had restarted, which confused me
only to find out when I finally relogged that I had a BlueScreen ever, my first one EVAR! I knew because a window popped up saying "Windows has just recovered from an unexpected shut down".

On Monday, I clicked "Find solutions" and never heard of that problem again, but today I copied and pasted the error to a Note pad document (which I will paste below). I am quite new to this whole experience so it's making me pretty anxious, I can't afford to lose my PC now due to crashes.

I editted my computer info to provide stuff as accurately as I can. My computer had a mother board change last year after a run in with a power surge..Sigh. So my computer tech changed it and a few things so I'm not exactly 100% sure of the changes. But if I recall correctly, I purchased it in 2009.

Anyways:


Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Vista
- Full Retail (after my tech fixed it he installed a W7 Ultimate that was not genuine, so I purchasd one and installed it in July I think..
- What is the age of system (hardware)? I purchased my system for a local retailler (In Barbados) in 2009, the new motherboard was installed around late October 2010.
- What is the age of OS installation? I installed W7 Ultimate in early July but didn't activate until a day was left for the activation "count down" just to see if everything was running smoothly.
The BlueScreen error stuff I copied from the window:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 000000000000008D
BCP2: 00000000000409E7
BCP3: 0000000000510020
BCP4: FFFFF6800004F40B
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100611-18174-01.dmp
C:\Users\Leisha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45926-0.sysdata.xml

ATTACHED ARE: BSOD dump and Syetm Collection (Hopefully this is the correct thing the guide asked for) and System Health Report (hope this is right too!).

If there is anything else you need please let me know and I will try my very hardest to accomplish it. My boyfriend suggested that I should clean my registry with a program. Also tell me what you think of that.

Thank you so much in advance!



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Oct 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Approachable View Post
My first Bluescreen occured on Monday, 3rd October and I took to Microsoft website to find information and I was told that if it only occured once that is could've been just an anomaly, but occured today again, Thursday, 6th October.

I was looking forward to relaxing after a tedious week at school and I was on a game website,w hich I frequent, while I patch the game and that's when it occurred.

On Monday I had just logged on my PC and was letting my Instant Messengers log in, turned my back to get my bottle of water and when I turned back my computer had restarted, which confused me
only to find out when I finally relogged that I had a BlueScreen ever, my first one EVAR! I knew because a window popped up saying "Windows has just recovered from an unexpected shut down".

On Monday, I clicked "Find solutions" and never heard of that problem again, but today I copied and pasted the error to a Note pad document (which I will paste below). I am quite new to this whole experience so it's making me pretty anxious, I can't afford to lose my PC now due to crashes.

I editted my computer info to provide stuff as accurately as I can. My computer had a mother board change last year after a run in with a power surge..Sigh. So my computer tech changed it and a few things so I'm not exactly 100% sure of the changes. But if I recall correctly, I purchased it in 2009.

Anyways:


Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Vista
- Full Retail (after my tech fixed it he installed a W7 Ultimate that was not genuine, so I purchasd one and installed it in July I think..
- What is the age of system (hardware)? I purchased my system for a local retailler (In Barbados) in 2009, the new motherboard was installed around late October 2010.
- What is the age of OS installation? I installed W7 Ultimate in early July but didn't activate until a day was left for the activation "count down" just to see if everything was running smoothly.
The BlueScreen error stuff I copied from the window:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 000000000000008D
BCP2: 00000000000409E7
BCP3: 0000000000510020
BCP4: FFFFF6800004F40B
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100611-18174-01.dmp
C:\Users\Leisha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45926-0.sysdata.xml

ATTACHED ARE: BSOD dump and Syetm Collection (Hopefully this is the correct thing the guide asked for) and System Health Report (hope this is right too!).

If there is anything else you need please let me know and I will try my very hardest to accomplish it. My boyfriend suggested that I should clean my registry with a program. Also tell me what you think of that.

Thank you so much in advance!

These were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.


1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2011   #3
Approachable

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Thanks but I can't seem to boot the Memtest after I mounted it..I used a Disc Image mounting tool to do it, but I can't seem to get it to execute, telling me "The file is invalid for use as: Security Catelog".

And as far as the Driver verification goes, I don't have access to anotehr computer, ugh. v.v
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Oct 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Approachable View Post
Thanks but I can't seem to boot the Memtest after I mounted it..I used a Disc Image mounting tool to do it, but I can't seem to get it to execute, telling me "The file is invalid for use as: Security Catelog".

And as far as the Driver verification goes, I don't have access to anotehr computer, ugh. v.v
You dont run it from windows. You boot from it.

Do memtest first and then if it passes we can work on driver verifier.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2011   #5
Approachable

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Approachable View Post
Thanks but I can't seem to boot the Memtest after I mounted it..I used a Disc Image mounting tool to do it, but I can't seem to get it to execute, telling me "The file is invalid for use as: Security Catelog".

And as far as the Driver verification goes, I don't have access to anotehr computer, ugh. v.v
You dont run it from windows. You boot from it.

Do memtest first and then if it passes we can work on driver verifier.
Yes, I realised that was my problem, thinking I hadda boot it from Windows, don't I feel silly xD.

Yes, came back passed but I had a doctor appointment, before I left it was at 4 passes then I just got in it was at 2 cause my brotehr seemed to have tinkered with the puter..Sigh.

I guess next is the Driver Verification.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2011   #6
Approachable

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I just restarted my puter after leaving it running over night (I haven't done Driver verifier yet), and I logged on and came to this thread and I had a Blue screen then my puter restarted (it's on auto restart), at teh top it said DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2011   #7
jcgriff2

Windows 7 - Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Approachable View Post
... my brotehr seemed to have tinkered with the puter..Sigh.
Did memtest86+ run successfully? Each stick - 1 at a time alternating slots per zigzag3143's instructions?


You have an old 2007 NVIDIA chipset driver installed -
Code:
nvsmu.sys               Fri Oct 12 19:53:40 2007 (47100904)
It needs to be updated - http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#nvsmu.sys

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Approachable View Post
And as far as the Driver verification goes, I don't have access to anotehr computer, ugh. v.v
You don't need access to another system to run Driver Verifier. Please be sure to read all before running it -

Driver Verifier -- http://sysnative.com/0x1/driver_verifier.htm


Regards. . .

jcgriff2


`

BSOD SUMMARY
Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\100611-18174-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Thu Oct  6 18:19:49.738 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:24:22.471
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmZeroPageThread+96c )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x4E_8d
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x4E_8d_nt!MmZeroPageThread+96c
Bugcheck code 0000004E
Arguments 00000000`0000008d 00000000`000409e7 00000000`00510020 fffff680`0004f40b
BiosVersion = 080015 
BiosReleaseDate = 07/28/2009
SystemManufacturer = BIOSTAR Group
SystemProductName = GF8200C M2+
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\100311-22510-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Mon Oct  3 15:35:57.555 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:50.287
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff960`001e7ea4 fffff880`0e2e6d40 20100000`00000000
BiosVersion = 080015 
BiosReleaseDate = 07/28/2009
SystemManufacturer = BIOSTAR Group
SystemProductName = GF8200C M2+
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
  

by jcgriff2     
             
         J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP   
             
           https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith   


           www.sysnative.com
             
           www.jcgriff2.com 


ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии


  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2011   #8
Approachable

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Before I left for my appointment, it was at 4 passes, when I came home it was at 2. I didn't test 1 memory stick at a time, I tested all at once...>.<

I am currently running teh Driver Verifier, I actually just turned it on and restarted.

Thanks! I am going to update the Driver now.

Also, I don't quite understand what's going on in the BSOD summary. ^^;
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2011   #9
jcgriff2

Windows 7 - Vista
 
 

Hi -

You should re-run memtest86+ per instructions.

I'm not sure LogMeIn has anything to do w/ your BSODs... but it is an old installation.

The summary area - so I/ others can refer back to it in subsequent posts if need be.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2011   #10
Approachable

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
You have an old 2007 NVIDIA chipset driver installed -
Code:
nvsmu.sys               Fri Oct 12 19:53:40 2007 (47100904)
It needs to be updated - http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#nvsmu.sys
I tried updating from NVIDIA website, it said all my drivers are up to date and I can't find the nvsmu.sys manually to update it...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BDOS 2nd time this week, collected all info, but cause unknown.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BIOS showing invalid info, time resets every time shut down.
I just replaced my laptop motheboard. With the new motherboard, time always reset after shutdown, and sometimes the little internet icon in the bottom right corner would be invisible. So i upgraded my bios, and still have same problem. I have a LENOVO G470 with InsydeH2O BIOS. I have an image of...
General Discussion
Installed twice & plan on 3rd time this week, can anything go wrong?
I did a clean install on a new HDD of Windows 7 a few days ago, but found out I accidentally installed a 32-bit OS. I did a complete re-installed with a 64-bit OS disc, but had a hard time with updating a driver & downloaded a buch of 3rd party crap to get it to work. Now I know the problem, I...
Installation & Setup
why my computer's fan making large noise at start up time? A week
A week ago everything was running fine 3,4 days ago i notice that it is making much more noise than it should. It seems that it is CPU's fan's noise.Most probably dust is responsible for this.there is a lot of dust inside my CPU. This may hamper hardware badly(as i have seen in some websites). What...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD :( Happens around once a week(ALL INFO INC)
Initial BSOD messege on reboot Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 2057 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 101 BCP1: 0000000000000031 BCP2: 0000000000000000 BCP3: FFFFF880009E7180
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 Final Build Has been collected
just posted on the great Russian Tracker:: Финальный билд Windows 7 уже собран. Как только он пройдёт подписание, мы постарамся его выложить. Translated::. The final build of Windows 7 has already been collected. As soon as he will be signing, we will lay out his postaramsya.
General Discussion
System info: other os unknown
More of a curiosity than a problem. Both in 7 and Vista under system info it says other operating system unknown. I was wondering with a duel boot set up is this line for displaying the alternate os? And if so does anyone show anything other than not available?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

й Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App