Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD 1a & 50 win7 Pro

11 Oct 2011   #1
dbrown

Windows 7 64bit, enterprise, professional, home, ultimate
 
 
BSOD 1a & 50 win7 Pro

I've been getting multiples per day now. started slow - happened a couple times a week but is now much more aggrivating. This machine is in our storage room and used for playing DVDs and Videos while on the treadmill, doesn't get much use other than that. As far as troubleshooting goes, I have pulled the HD3450 and am just using onboard graphics now. I've also tried each of the 1gb sticks alone as well as pulling the 2x2gb sticks from another computer in the house (same MB) and the 1a and 50's keep on coming. I have run memtest86 on the 2x1gb for 12 hours with no errors. When I've tried prime95 (and walked away) I can always get a BSOD. Tonight I got one, copied the memory.dmp to the computer I analyze on and it BSOD'd again within 30 minutes.

system info:

windows 7 pro x86 64 bit
re-Installed this weekend (I have an upgrade but wiped the disk)
2gb Mushkin DDR2 5300
Abit i45CV mb
500gb sata hd
LG IDE DVD drive

Hardware is probable 3-5 years old. OS as stated above is a new install with full wipe.

I've got 7 2gb memory.dmp files that I've captures and stored off. running windbg on them gets this:

1: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
* *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
* *
*******************************************************************************
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041284, A PTE or the working set list is corrupt.
Arg2: 000007fffffd7001
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffff70001080000
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41284
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000292d5a7 to fffff800028d5c40
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`055787b8 fffff800`0292d5a7 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00041284 000007ff`fffd7001 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`055787c0 fffff800`02907c80 : fffff700`01080000 81600000`7aaf9867 fffffa80`00000000 fffff800`028f1f6c : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4ac3
fffff880`05578800 fffff800`028b61b9 : ffffffff`00000000 000007ff`fffd8fff fffffa80`00000000 fffffa80`01b46610 : nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+0x4e8
fffff880`055789c0 fffff800`02babdf2 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`01b46610 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiDeleteVad+0x91
fffff880`05578a00 fffff800`02babbc6 : 000007ff`fffd7000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MmDeleteTeb+0xca
fffff880`05578a90 fffff800`02babeed : fffff880`00000000 00000000`0355f700 000007ff`fffd7000 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspExitThread+0x616
fffff880`05578b90 fffff800`02babff5 : fffffa80`01b46610 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`01b46610 00000000`0000ffff : nt!PspTerminateThreadByPointer+0x4d
fffff880`05578be0 fffff800`028d4ed3 : fffffa80`01b46610 fffff880`05578ca0 00000000`771f45c0 fffffa80`02ec84f0 : nt!NtTerminateThread+0x45
fffff880`05578c20 00000000`7714184a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0355f718 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : ntdll!ZwTerminateThread+0xa

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ac3
fffff800`0292d5a7 cc int 3
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1
SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ac3
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e02aaa3
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41284_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4ac3
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41284_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4ac3
Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I don't know if everything is identical but ntkrnlmp.exe is always the image name.

I appreciate any help you can give me here.

Donny


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Oct 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
I've been getting multiples per day now. started slow - happened a couple times a week but is now much more aggrivating. This machine is in our storage room and used for playing DVDs and Videos while on the treadmill, doesn't get much use other than that. As far as troubleshooting goes, I have pulled the HD3450 and am just using onboard graphics now. I've also tried each of the 1gb sticks alone as well as pulling the 2x2gb sticks from another computer in the house (same MB) and the 1a and 50's keep on coming. I have run memtest86 on the 2x1gb for 12 hours with no errors. When I've tried prime95 (and walked away) I can always get a BSOD. Tonight I got one, copied the memory.dmp to the computer I analyze on and it BSOD'd again within 30 minutes.

system info:

windows 7 pro x86 64 bit
re-Installed this weekend (I have an upgrade but wiped the disk)
2gb Mushkin DDR2 5300
Abit i45CV mb
500gb sata hd
LG IDE DVD drive

Hardware is probable 3-5 years old. OS as stated above is a new install with full wipe.

I've got 7 2gb memory.dmp files that I've captures and stored off. running windbg on them gets this:

1: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
* *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
* *
*******************************************************************************
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041284, A PTE or the working set list is corrupt.
Arg2: 000007fffffd7001
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffff70001080000
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41284
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000292d5a7 to fffff800028d5c40
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`055787b8 fffff800`0292d5a7 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00041284 000007ff`fffd7001 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`055787c0 fffff800`02907c80 : fffff700`01080000 81600000`7aaf9867 fffffa80`00000000 fffff800`028f1f6c : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4ac3
fffff880`05578800 fffff800`028b61b9 : ffffffff`00000000 000007ff`fffd8fff fffffa80`00000000 fffffa80`01b46610 : nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+0x4e8
fffff880`055789c0 fffff800`02babdf2 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`01b46610 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiDeleteVad+0x91
fffff880`05578a00 fffff800`02babbc6 : 000007ff`fffd7000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MmDeleteTeb+0xca
fffff880`05578a90 fffff800`02babeed : fffff880`00000000 00000000`0355f700 000007ff`fffd7000 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspExitThread+0x616
fffff880`05578b90 fffff800`02babff5 : fffffa80`01b46610 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`01b46610 00000000`0000ffff : nt!PspTerminateThreadByPointer+0x4d
fffff880`05578be0 fffff800`028d4ed3 : fffffa80`01b46610 fffff880`05578ca0 00000000`771f45c0 fffffa80`02ec84f0 : nt!NtTerminateThread+0x45
fffff880`05578c20 00000000`7714184a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0355f718 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : ntdll!ZwTerminateThread+0xa

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ac3
fffff800`0292d5a7 cc int 3
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1
SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ac3
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e02aaa3
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41284_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4ac3
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41284_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4ac3
Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I don't know if everything is identical but ntkrnlmp.exe is always the image name.

I appreciate any help you can give me here.

Donny

Virtually all memory management.

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.


1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2011   #3
dbrown

Windows 7 64bit, enterprise, professional, home, ultimate
 
 

Thanks for the reply. I did run memtest86 for 12 hours - about 8 passes on the two 1gb modules previously. Running the driver check, it came up with an outdated marvel lan driver which I have updated. I've pulled one of the modules and kicked off memtest86 again. Plan is to test both modules in both slots (individually) for 8 to 10 passes. Should that suffice?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Oct 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did run memtest86 for 12 hours - about 8 passes on the two 1gb modules previously. Running the driver check, it came up with an outdated marvel lan driver which I have updated. I've pulled one of the modules and kicked off memtest86 again. Plan is to test both modules in both slots (individually) for 8 to 10 passes. Should that suffice?
Yes it should. Now turn off verifier and wait and see.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2011   #5
dbrown

Windows 7 64bit, enterprise, professional, home, ultimate
 
 

OK, ran memtest (v4.20) for a couple of days now - I tested each stick in each of the slots. 17 - 31 passes depending on when i remembered to check it. No errors reported at all. After putting them in and booting to windows, I have had 3 blue screens in the last couple of hours - the last one was while trying to type a repsonse here. The others were unattended, no activity going on at all. Here's the latest data dump. The uniblue driver scanner now shows perfect when I run it as well. Anything else I can try?

Thank you again for the help.

Donny
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
OK, ran memtest (v4.20) for a couple of days now - I tested each stick in each of the slots. 17 - 31 passes depending on when i remembered to check it. No errors reported at all. After putting them in and booting to windows, I have had 3 blue screens in the last couple of hours - the last one was while trying to type a repsonse here. The others were unattended, no activity going on at all. Here's the latest data dump. The uniblue driver scanner now shows perfect when I run it as well. Anything else I can try?

Thank you again for the help.

Donny
Virtually all of these were related to memory management as you can see. Its either your memory (which seems to have passed) or a driver. I am unsure you have run verifier correctly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #7
dbrown

Windows 7 64bit, enterprise, professional, home, ultimate
 
 

Thank you Zigzag, I apologize for not reading as carefully as I should have. I went of another post about the driver verifier and had not run the verifier instructions as posted. I have gotten a few BSODs after getting verifier setup including some new ones - 4e and d1. Here are the current dump logs.

Thank you again.

Donny
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #8
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
Thank you Zigzag, I apologize for not reading as carefully as I should have. I went of another post about the driver verifier and had not run the verifier instructions as posted. I have gotten a few BSODs after getting verifier setup including some new ones - 4e and d1. Here are the current dump logs.

Thank you again.

Donny
Ah HA!!!!

driver verified and related to your directx. I would start by re-installing BOTH your video driver and direrctX

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX End-User Runtime
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD 1a & 50 win7 Pro




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD while playing LoL, affected avast!, BSOD when reinstalling Win7
Hello guys. Problem started quite recently, I bought a new computer a month ago, and everything was cool until it started giving me MANY BSODs affter one intitial BSOD while playing League Of Legends. After a first crash, Windows asked during boot if i want to run a recovery utility, and each...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Bugcheck 0x116 Win7 x64 DV6 2090eo random BSOD's
Hello! I'm getting random BSOD's on my HP DV6-2090eo Laptop. At most times there is no "real" bluescreen appearing. Instead the computer just freeze and then go black, and I've to shut it down manually. But sometimes there is a real bluescreen appearing and it says "an attempt to reset the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Win7 Pro x64
I haven't been having many issues with my computer since I built it about 8 months ago, now it is blue screening out of nowhere.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Win7 x64 Help me please :)
Hello. I recently purchased a pre-assembled machine(installed OS and drivers myself). It runs pretty smooth. But i have encountered quite a few BSOD's in the short amount of time it has been up and running. I don't think it's related to hardware. Most of the dumps are from BSOD's while gaming...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Win7 X64 error! changed major components and still BSOD!
Windows 7 x64 Windows 7 is the original installed OS Retail Vers. System is a year old OS install is less than 2 Months old I am having issues trying to narrow down what is causing my computer to keep crashing. I have just about changed every single part in my computer and am going nutts....
BSOD Help and Support
Help on bsod....win7 64
:(hi there, just installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and everything seems to be running fine till I installed Mcafee total protection, or maybe its just circumstantial, coz I got the BSOD just after the installation, then I installed an update something like XML core, and It didnt came back....the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App