Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Win7 64 6-8 times a day KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

15 Oct 2011   #1

Win 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
BSOD Win7 64 6-8 times a day KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Dell T5400
4GB RAM or 11GB RAM
Win 7 64 Professional upgraded from Vista 32 OEM
Nvidia Quadro 4000 upgraded from FX570
1 120GB Intel SSD for OS and programs
1 1TB Hitachi for Data

Crashes BSOD numerous times a day. Ran memtest86 4.0 on both RAM configuration. BlueScreenView gives much data but hard to point finger at any one thing. For video card went into safemode w/net and removed all Nvidia drivers/programs and folders and then back into normal boot for clean install of driver for Q4K and still get BSOD. Frustrated please help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Oct 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Dell T5400
4GB RAM or 11GB RAM
Win 7 64 Professional upgraded from Vista 32 OEM
Nvidia Quadro 4000 upgraded from FX570
1 120GB Intel SSD for OS and programs
1 1TB Hitachi for Data

Crashes BSOD numerous times a day. Ran memtest86 4.0 on both RAM configuration. BlueScreenView gives much data but hard to point finger at any one thing. For video card went into safemode w/net and removed all Nvidia drivers/programs and folders and then back into normal boot for clean install of driver for Q4K and still get BSOD. Frustrated please help.

These were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.


1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2011   #3

Win 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
Memory seems OK

Tested memory for a longer period and it went fine. How do I maike a restore CD if I dont have a CD/DVD burner?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Oct 2011   #4

Win 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
still going.... SLOW

No crashes but everything responds slower how long do I wait for BSOD before giving up on this setting and how do I turn it off so that it runs with a normal response?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
No crashes but everything responds slower how long do I wait for BSOD before giving up on this setting and how do I turn it off so that it runs with a normal response?

The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #6

Win 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
Slow or stressed system = not working

Not really sure whats worse, constant BSOD or trying to stress the drivers and have a system that does not work. Web pages often eternally wait to load. Rhapsody fails to stream music. This has caused the machine to just dial down to a crawl and most apps that I really need to use just run to slow to even use. The resouce monitor shows that the CPU load is not even breaking a sweat and there is still free memory. If I walk away from the system (because I can't work on it) is hybernates and obviously there is no stress in hybernating. Is there anything I can do to accelerate this. At least with the BSODs I could get work done in between them.

RESOURCE MONITOR shows TCP connectoins spiking and jamming up. If that info helps...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #7

Win 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
TCP connections as much as 250+

Anything that connects to the network is grinding to a near hault like an ATT server with an iPhone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #8

Win 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
Obsurd

This is ridiculous! I don't want to throw a virtual tantrum here but these tests pretty much make my system a $5K+ 11GB 8core Xeon SSD 1TB pile of fecal matter in the corner. I cannot use my system as usual as it cannot open web pages and clearly something has gone afoul with Trend Micro AV as it does not open the main console properly any longer. This is why I bought my wife a Mac and never have to troubleshoot it. Please if anyone would like to buy this overpriced POS PC please contact me. I need to spend my time getting work done using my tools rather than trying to constantly figure out why they are not working. My toaster makes toast everyday and doesn't need to be fixed because of some update for the coffee maker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
This is ridiculous! I don't want to throw a virtual tantrum here but these tests pretty much make my system a $5K+ 11GB 8core Xeon SSD 1TB pile of fecal matter in the corner. I cannot use my system as usual as it cannot open web pages and clearly something has gone afoul with Trend Micro AV as it does not open the main console properly any longer. This is why I bought my wife a Mac and never have to troubleshoot it. Please if anyone would like to buy this overpriced POS PC please contact me. I need to spend my time getting work done using my tools rather than trying to constantly figure out why they are not working. My toaster makes toast everyday and doesn't need to be fixed because of some update for the coffee maker.
If verifier is running and you need to do work instead of fixing the problem disable it. I understand you are frustrated but it has only been one day since the thread was started.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2011   #10

Win 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
Still no BSOD

48 hours and no BSOD. All it has done is screw up my interent connection. Anything that needs to connect to the net is slowed down or just doesn't connect while verifier has been running. Does an aging powersupply manifest in these ways? the machine is not that old, but Dell has a poor track record with capacitors and power components.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Win7 64 6-8 times a day KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD Win7 64 6-8 times a day KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Thread Forum
Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD Help and Support
Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD Help and Support
Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, seemingly random times, Win7 64 bit BSOD Help and Support
Bsod KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Help and Support
BSOD a couple of times a week. Win7 Ultimate x64 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33