Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSOD with Start up sudden system restart

16 Oct 2011   #1

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 
BSOD with Start up sudden system restart

i've been reading this forum and i'm sure my long search of remedy on my laptop would be found here. please see attached file as per your instructions.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Oct 2011   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Seems like a hardware error
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.
Note that this test may overheat the CPU, ensure proper cooling

Test your RAM RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, 862188fc, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware


WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 862188fc, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 00000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

STACK_TEXT:  
8cb45cc4 82d11fc5 862188e0 82daac28 82daac20 nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x32
8cb45ce4 82d12def 82daac20 862188e0 82daac50 nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x56
8cb45d00 82cb0f2b 82daac20 00000000 85411020 nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x1f
8cb45d50 82e5166d 00000001 a193654f 00000000 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x10d
8cb45d90 82d030d9 82cb0e1e 00000001 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME:  hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID:  0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2011   #3

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 
memtest carried out

i've run the memory test, initialy i got errors, please see attached file. then i removed the top memory card in the first slot and run the test again. after 7 passes there is no error found, then i transfer that card in the first slot and run the test again.. then the removed card in the 2nd slot and 1st slot... no error was found. conclusion: both cards has no error in both slots.
but when i put them back together, exchanging their first position, i run the test and found errors again.
comparing the errors, i found 300,000 before than after is 150,000.
what would this means?
the following test run didn't completed the 7 passes cause i decided to exit it to proceed immediately in the next cycle, is it ok? or it is strictly to finish the 7 passes in every test?
in case the culprit is the card, is it ok to change all the card with one piece 4GB?
Stress test is not yet carried out. Please advise if it is still neccessary since errors has been found in the memory card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Oct 2011   #4

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeck View Post
i've run the memory test, initialy i got errors, please see attached file. then i removed the top memory card in the first slot and run the test again. after 7 passes there is no error found, then i transfer that card in the first slot and run the test again.. then the removed card in the 2nd slot and 1st slot... no error was found. conclusion: both cards has no error in both slots.
but when i put them back together, exchanging their first position, i run the test and found errors again.
comparing the errors, i found 300,000 before than after is 150,000.
what would this means?
the following test run didn't completed the 7 passes cause i decided to exit it to proceed immediately in the next cycle, is it ok? or it is strictly to finish the 7 passes in every test?
in case the culprit is the card, is it ok to change all the card with one piece 4GB?
Stress test is not yet carried out. Please advise if it is still neccessary since errors has been found in the memory card.
Yes do the CPU stress tests, are the RAM modules of same brand/timings, are they compatible with your mainboard?
Incompatible RAM can issues, these RAM modules should be tested in another PC
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2011   #5

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

guess what happen now! its working all ok, no unexpected shut down, no hang up. programs opens fast. i just remove one RAM and tried to boot with one 2GB RAM.. i'm ok with this but questions in my mind, why 4 GB not working good?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2011   #6

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeck View Post
guess what happen now! its working all ok, no unexpected shut down, no hang up. programs opens fast. i just remove one RAM and tried to boot with one 2GB RAM.. i'm ok with this but questions in my mind, why 4 GB not working good?
Either its not fully compatible with your motherboard or it contains defects
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2011   #7

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

it might contain defects because it is the stock RAM since i bought this laptop. but the memory test shows no error if run individually, except when both is tested.

is it the OS maybe? before, i had this black screen in the start up then will hang. the OS was Vista home.
then i reformat the whole hardisc then installed Windows 7 ultimate. from that time the windows started but i got BSOD some times...

now i'm running with one 2gb RAM & everthing is ok...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2011   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 6.1 Build 7601 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeck View Post
is it the OS maybe?
No, the OS is not in play when Memtest is used.

Don't know what to say if you're certain both cards work in both slots, though not together in either combination. You said they're both original SODIMMs? Depending on how you use your laptop, I'd be inclined to just leave it at the working 2Gb and forget about this problem if possible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2011   #9

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeck View Post
it might contain defects because it is the stock RAM since i bought this laptop. but the memory test shows no error if run individually, except when both is tested.

is it the OS maybe? before, i had this black screen in the start up then will hang. the OS was Vista home.
then i reformat the whole hardisc then installed Windows 7 ultimate. from that time the windows started but i got BSOD some times...

now i'm running with one 2gb RAM & everthing is ok...
This has absolutely nothing related to the OS. Its a hardware issue related to your RAM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2011   #10

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

yowan! thanks a lot! you given me a great help especially in my location at sea, shore maintenance is not possible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD with Start up sudden system restart





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD with Start up sudden system restart
Thread Forum
Sudden PC RESTART BSOD Help and Support
Solved Sudden BSOD on startup, need to restart and select Last known sett... BSOD Help and Support
BSOD sudden crash, no acces to system. 0x19. BSOD Help and Support
HELP! Having a BSOD and sudden restart in my newly laptop! BSOD Help and Support
Sudden crash/restart, no BSOD. I have dumpfile BSOD Help and Support
Sudden Restart!!! BSOD Help and Support
Sudden Restart!!! BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33