Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD during WEI

18 Oct 2011   #1
dragon84

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD during WEI

Hi everyone,
i've recently purchased a used q9650 off ebay a few day ago and installed it on my comp. just for kicks i've decided to run the wei to see how my cpu performed. When wei reaches some cpu testing probably around 70% of the progress bar i get a bsod and reboot. so i tried again and again my comp rebooted. so i reseated the cpu and tried the wei test again and i managed to get a score and was happy about it. then i used the comp for 30 mins and tired wei again for some strange reasons...again rebooted. so i ran passmark's burnintest just to see if it'll reboot. ran for an hour and still going at the moment with no reboots. so where is the problem coming from. it's too odd to say a dud cpu since it's running fine with a stress test program.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Oct 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dragon84 View Post
Hi everyone,
i've recently purchased a used q9650 off ebay a few day ago and installed it on my comp. just for kicks i've decided to run the wei to see how my cpu performed. When wei reaches some cpu testing probably around 70% of the progress bar i get a bsod and reboot. so i tried again and again my comp rebooted. so i reseated the cpu and tried the wei test again and i managed to get a score and was happy about it. then i used the comp for 30 mins and tired wei again for some strange reasons...again rebooted. so i ran passmark's burnintest just to see if it'll reboot. ran for an hour and still going at the moment with no reboots. so where is the problem coming from. it's too odd to say a dud cpu since it's running fine with a stress test program.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2011   #3
dragon84

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

ok , got a reboot from the stress test. I am currently reinstalling windows on a spare hdd and i'm going to redo a stress test to confirm. i will get the log as soon as it's ready i'll post the log. in the mean time i want to know (does not have to be accurate yet since it's too early to find out the root cause) why i'm getting the bsod? the seller informed me that if the cpu is damaged, the computer would not startup. i have updated my bios, motherboard supports the q9650, ram is good and everything is good when i was using my old cpu (q6850).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Oct 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dragon84 View Post
ok , got a reboot from the stress test. I am currently reinstalling windows on a spare hdd and i'm going to redo a stress test to confirm. i will get the log as soon as it's ready i'll post the log. in the mean time i want to know (does not have to be accurate yet since it's too early to find out the root cause) why i'm getting the bsod? the seller informed me that if the cpu is damaged, the computer would not startup. i have updated my bios, motherboard supports the q9650, ram is good and everything is good when i was using my old cpu (q6850).
Cant tell you until I see the DMP files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2011   #5
dragon84

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi everyone,
Here is the dump. Btw even after a format and reinstall. i still get a bsod when i run stress and wei tests. Thank you everyone for the support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dragon84 View Post
Hi everyone,
Here is the dump. Btw even after a format and reinstall. i still get a bsod when i run stress and wei tests. Thank you everyone for the support.
hard to see a trend with only one DMP but two things are obvious

Old drivers needing update (from as far back as 2004)

Code:
SiWinAcc.sys    11/1/2004 3:23:29 PM        fffff880`01374000    fffff880`0137e000    0x0000a000    0x41868d31                        
SiRemFil.sys    10/18/2006 6:20:39 PM        fffff880`01bd7000    fffff880`01bdf000    0x00008000    0x4536a8b7                        
Si3132r5.sys    6/1/2007 1:08:28 PM        fffff880`012b4000    fffff880`01309000    0x00055000    0x4660528c                        
cxavsvid_win7.sys    9/19/2007 6:22:21 AM        fffff880`04caa000    fffff880`04d1c900    0x00072900    0x46f0f85d
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads


Second this crash was blamed on NDProxy.sys (an OS file) which probably wasnt the true cause, but please run this system file check to confirm

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2011   #7
dragon84

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi everyone,
i made another purchase on another cpu q9550 and made sure it's new. ran the same tests with same setup. no bsod/crashes/reboots. consistent results and passed all stress tests. personally im gonna lean towards the q9650 being faulty.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD during WEI




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App