Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSOD while playing games, browsing, watching videos.... please help

24 Oct 2011   #1

windows ultimate 64 bit
 
 
BSOD while playing games, browsing, watching videos.... please help

i have the following configuration :

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer INTEL
System Model DH55TC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3193 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
ram: 8 gb
HDD: 500 gb
Realtek High Definition Audio
Display :ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap
Driver Version 8.892.0.0

i have had the problem of BSOD since i have purchased this computer the cpu has 8GB
ram but when i installed a 64 bit os the BSOD keep appearing in 5 to 10 mins of restarting. so i went to my computer dealer and asked him tolook into the problem and he said it might be a ram problem and he changed it but still there was no remedy to BSOD
then i came home and installed 7 ultimate 32 bit it runs well but if i play more than an hour a BSOD will appear or even while browsing.
then i also made a clean install of windows 7 32 bit and dnloaded all drivers from net
and after i installed ati catalyst the problem again started and then i tried all kinds of registry cleaners, kernel debugger and wat not but still after an year of purchase i have not got relief from BSOD .
i installed who crashed application also and it told its a hardware problem and not a software problem so as a last resrt i'm writing this thread so please help u guys are the expert

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by anmol8906 View Post
i have the following configuration :

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer INTEL
System Model DH55TC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3193 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
ram: 8 gb
HDD: 500 gb
Realtek High Definition Audio
Display :ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap
Driver Version 8.892.0.0

i have had the problem of BSOD since i have purchased this computer the cpu has 8GB
ram but when i installed a 64 bit os the BSOD keep appearing in 5 to 10 mins of restarting. so i went to my computer dealer and asked him tolook into the problem and he said it might be a ram problem and he changed it but still there was no remedy to BSOD
then i came home and installed 7 ultimate 32 bit it runs well but if i play more than an hour a BSOD will appear or even while browsing.
then i also made a clean install of windows 7 32 bit and dnloaded all drivers from net
and after i installed ati catalyst the problem again started and then i tried all kinds of registry cleaners, kernel debugger and wat not but still after an year of purchase i have not got relief from BSOD .
i installed who crashed application also and it told its a hardware problem and not a software problem so as a last resrt i'm writing this thread so please help u guys are the expert
There are at least 9 suspected causes but the majority of them were caused by Your Avast. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials



EDIT.

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads http://duplexsecure.com/faq

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2011   #3

windows ultimate 64 bit
 
 

thank you zigzag 3413 for ur prompt reply. currently i'm using 82 bit OS but i want to switch to 64 bit as i have 8 gb ram and 4 gb is as it is going waste so shall i install 64 bit and then what ever crashes are occurring i can post them
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Oct 2011   #4

windows ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by anmol8906 View Post
i have the following configuration :

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer INTEL
System Model DH55TC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3193 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
ram: 8 gb
HDD: 500 gb
Realtek High Definition Audio
Display :ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap
Driver Version 8.892.0.0

i have had the problem of BSOD since i have purchased this computer the cpu has 8GB
ram but when i installed a 64 bit os the BSOD keep appearing in 5 to 10 mins of restarting. so i went to my computer dealer and asked him tolook into the problem and he said it might be a ram problem and he changed it but still there was no remedy to BSOD
then i came home and installed 7 ultimate 32 bit it runs well but if i play more than an hour a BSOD will appear or even while browsing.
then i also made a clean install of windows 7 32 bit and dnloaded all drivers from net
and after i installed ati catalyst the problem again started and then i tried all kinds of registry cleaners, kernel debugger and wat not but still after an year of purchase i have not got relief from BSOD .
i installed who crashed application also and it told its a hardware problem and not a software problem so as a last resrt i'm writing this thread so please help u guys are the expert
There are at least 9 suspected causes but the majority of them were caused by Your Avast. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials



EDIT.

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
still no relief from BSOD now they have become more frequent while playing games the video cards crashes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by anmol8906 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by anmol8906 View Post
i have the following configuration :

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer INTEL
System Model DH55TC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3193 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
ram: 8 gb
HDD: 500 gb
Realtek High Definition Audio
Display :ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap
Driver Version 8.892.0.0

i have had the problem of BSOD since i have purchased this computer the cpu has 8GB
ram but when i installed a 64 bit os the BSOD keep appearing in 5 to 10 mins of restarting. so i went to my computer dealer and asked him tolook into the problem and he said it might be a ram problem and he changed it but still there was no remedy to BSOD
then i came home and installed 7 ultimate 32 bit it runs well but if i play more than an hour a BSOD will appear or even while browsing.
then i also made a clean install of windows 7 32 bit and dnloaded all drivers from net
and after i installed ati catalyst the problem again started and then i tried all kinds of registry cleaners, kernel debugger and wat not but still after an year of purchase i have not got relief from BSOD .
i installed who crashed application also and it told its a hardware problem and not a software problem so as a last resrt i'm writing this thread so please help u guys are the expert
There are at least 9 suspected causes but the majority of them were caused by Your Avast. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials



EDIT.

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
still no relief from BSOD now they have become more frequent while playing games the video cards crashes

64 bit or 32? Upload the DMP's
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2011   #6

windows ultimate 64 bit
 
 

i have now installed the 64 bit system and now sending you the dmp files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2011   #7

windows ultimate 64 bit
 
 

now all application and browsers have started crashing since i have installed 64 bit os .... when i start palying games they crash within 5 min a playing and cannot install any thing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD while playing games, browsing, watching videos.... please help





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD while playing games, browsing, watching videos.... please help
Thread Forum
BSOD While Playing PC Games, web browsing, watching movies BSOD Help and Support
Solved 0x000001D BSOD While playing Games/Watching videos etc BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD while playing games or watching videos BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when watching videos and playing games BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when playing games or watching flash videos BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD when browsing internet, watching videos, playing games, et BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at random while playing games or watching videos BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33