Quote: Originally Posted by java491
I was given a Laptop to set up and without installing anything it is getting BSOD crashes when trying to run youtube videos, etc sometimes at random aswell when i try to open firefox.
First comes a very annoying buzzing noise from speekers and screen freezes on what it was doing, then BSOD
BSOD can appear instantly or take ages (30mins+)
I've reinstalled most drivers
and everything is up to date. i would look at hardware but its ment to be a horrible job opening this laptop up, aswell as it not being my own laptop.
any advice would be appriciated
No DMP files included in upload please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.