Quote: Originally Posted by cdlam
Is Windows 7 ...
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? YES
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM
- What is the age of system (hardware)? I just bought it on 29 Oct 2011
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) And installed it on the same day
The screen freezes VERY randomly.
Just like another member (Aptenodytes) said "Freezes manifest as sudden loss of mouse and keyboard control, screens stay on, sometimes with animated cursor still animated (for about 20 seconds then it stops), and if sound is playing then it goes onto a 0.1s loop (sounds like a machine gun), then I'm forced to hit the reset button.", but unluckily, for me I need to hit the power button to shut down the machine instead of the reset button. What should I do now? Please help! =(Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & Health Report attached.
Hello and Welcome!
There are lot of causes by random freezes happens. Few things you can do to determine the problem.
1, Download Malwarebytes and run a complete scan
2, Download Speedfan and see the Temps to rule of Overheat issues
3, Run SFC SCANNOW
4, Make sure all the drivers are updated (Especially display drivers)
5, Finally test the consistnace of your hardware, Run Hardware Diagnostic
(RAM, Hard drive and GPU)
Hope this helps!