Quote: Originally Posted by Dhwani Desai
I have only a year old laptop dell vastro 1015.
I often play games like sims3.
On one day i got blue screen on Memory Dump and it come often and often. I can open my system in safe mode only. I also tried to restore it to earlier good version but it works only one time. My friend advise me to format laptop to avoid RAM Crashing and I do so. 1 to 2 months it runs fine but I again found same problem and I restore it to earlier good version and it works. But I am scaring if it'll happen again and again. So please explain me what this problem is and help me to avoid and how to recover this problem. I am also posting here the photo of that Blue Screen.
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.