Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD: Lots of random crashes (0xc0000005\0x00000000\0x1000008e)

02 Nov 2011   #1
amraf

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
BSOD: Lots of random crashes (0xc0000005\0x00000000\0x1000008e)

Hello
Thanks for reading this and hopefully pointing me in the right direction
I have attached my:
Mini Dump files
Hijackthis
Driverlist
System info
And a few other useful log files that I have put together that I hope will help

For a Few months now My Computer has been rebooting due to a System error (blue screen of death) At first I was running Windows XP – I ran Memtest and updated all my drivers and ran scandisk everything passed and the updates did not help. I was running out of disk space so this week I bought myself a new 2bt hard disk, when I was in the shop I noticed that they were selling Windows 7 home ultimate at a discount – So I bought it (I had already ran the compatibility tool on my PC so I know the hardware would be supported) only to find that my Blue Screens of death followed me to Windows 7 on my bran new hard drive.
I have read a few posts on the Internet where my error codes point to a bad driver or a memory issue.
So on my new install of Windows 7I have updated all my drivers from the manufactures websites for everything (graphics,Lan,Audio,Motherboard,IDE,etc)
I ran Memtest+86 for 16 hours (allows 6 passes) Memtest did not report any issues with the memory
Even though my Windows 7 install is less than 24hours old I have ran sfc.exe \scannow and ran scandisk to ensure my Hard disk is working ok. I read on another form that Adobe flash player “enable hardware acceleration” could be an issue, so I have disabled it.
There is no logic to when my PC gives a Blue screen, seems random, I could open a document – crash – then the same document will work fine.
I am thinking that's it's got to a hardware issue, but I am not sure what hardware is the issue
Thank you for your time and your help


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Nov 2011   #2
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Hi.

Download and install Driver Sweeper

Download the most recent software\driver for your
NVIDIA

Uninstall
nvidia software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only NVIDIA-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.

Install the new ati software\driver,restart.

Update
DirectX


Run
the
nvidia-video-card-test


Finish
with these steps and post back here the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #3
amraf

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Hello
Thank you for your help
I have downloaded the latest version of the NVIDIA drivers and I have carried out your instructions
I have the latest DirectX 11 - its not letting me install the latest version
I have also ran the nvidia-video-card-test - and it failed :-( OCCT 4.0.0 -+3.3V
CPU:OCCT- Error Detected - 0h- 1m 12s I have looked at the graphs but not a 100% where the issue is
so I have attached them
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Nov 2011   #4
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amraf View Post
Hello
Thank you for your help
I have downloaded the latest version of the NVIDIA drivers and I have carried out your instructions
I have the latest DirectX 11 - its not letting me install the latest version
I have also ran the nvidia-video-card-test - and it failed :-( OCCT 4.0.0 -+3.3V
CPU:OCCT- Error Detected - 0h- 1m 12s I have looked at the graphs but not a 100% where the issue is
so I have attached them
If you overclock anything stop.

If you cannot run the Occt,then maybe something is wrong with the graphic card.

We need these results from the occt (i added a sample)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #5
amraf

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Hello
Thanks for getting back to me
I do not over clock anything
I have attached the graphs from Occt (they look the same as your sample)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #6
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amraf View Post
Hello
Thanks for getting back to me
I do not over clock anything
I have attached the graphs from Occt (they look the same as your sample)
No you didn't.

You uploaded by mistake some personal files,so please remove them and try to upload the OCCT results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #7
amraf

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Hello
Sorry about that
Please find attached the right files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #8
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

No problem

Read first very carefully,then run the stress\test Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #9
amraf

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
stress\test

Hello
I ran the stress\test and it failed
(see below)
[Nov 2 21:37] Worker starting
[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #2
[Nov 2 21:37] Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
[Nov 2 21:37] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.

[Nov 2 21:37] Worker starting
[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #1
[Nov 2 21:37] Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
[Nov 2 21:37] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.
[Nov 2 21:37] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
[Nov 2 21:37] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Nov 2 21:37] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 0 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Nov 2 21:37] Worker stopped.

[Nov 2 21:37] Worker starting
[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #2
[Nov 2 21:37] Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
[Nov 2 21:37] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.
[Nov 2 21:39] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4682617188, expected less than 0.4
[Nov 2 21:39] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Nov 2 21:39] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 1 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Nov 2 21:39] Worker stopped.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2011   #10
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amraf View Post
Hello
I ran the stress\test and it failed
(see below)
[Nov 2 21:37] Worker starting
[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #2
[Nov 2 21:37] Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
[Nov 2 21:37] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.

[Nov 2 21:37] Worker starting
[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #1
[Nov 2 21:37] Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
[Nov 2 21:37] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.
[Nov 2 21:37] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
[Nov 2 21:37] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Nov 2 21:37] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 0 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Nov 2 21:37] Worker stopped.

[Nov 2 21:37] Worker starting
[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #2
[Nov 2 21:37] Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
[Nov 2 21:37] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.
[Nov 2 21:39] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4682617188, expected less than 0.4
[Nov 2 21:39] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Nov 2 21:39] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 1 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Nov 2 21:39] Worker stopped.
This means that a problem with your CPU, it should be replaced.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD: Lots of random crashes (0xc0000005\0x00000000\0x1000008e)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD: 0x0000007b (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Hello: I am getting the following BSOD on my main PC: 0x0000007b (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) No other message is given except for the standard "stopped to prevent further damage" Just before I did two things. I installed a PlayOn update (Watch Internet Videos on...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD, infrequent but regular, 0xc0000005
So it's a brand new rig running Windows 7 64-bit, I've had it for about 10 days now. Started experiencing BSODs from day one. It happens when playing games mostly, but sometimes it crashes w/o any applications running. I've tried reinstalling Windows a few times, running memory tests...
BSOD Help and Support
Lots of consistent BSOD crashes
I am experiencing a number of consistent BSOD crashes - they are not caused my opening any programs/files/drivers but are spontaneous - the consistent thing in the crashes is their regularity. SF Diagnostic Tool was run and results attached. These errors are experienced on an Asus PC with a...
BSOD Help and Support
Random but often BSOD 0x0000000a 0x1000008e 0x0000007f
HP Pavilion notebook bought around Christmas time. Win 7 32bit OEM. Regular BSOD and hang-ups. Have had problems on another laptop with IE9 so stopped IE9 from starting and loaded Firefox. Norton AV trial pre-loaded uninstalled recently and AVG installed. Intend to install Bullguard, my...
BSOD Help and Support
random BSOD 0xc0000005 -fresh Windows 8 x64 install
Hello, I am getting BSOD for a few weeks now, before that my PC was working fine. I have not added any new component recently. I have fully installed the OS (Windows 7 x64) a couple of days ago, but still get BSOD randomly. I don't get any BSOD when I am in safe mode. I have tried...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - 1000007e lots of crashes
OK, so I've had very few problems until lately. Now, I see this BSOD. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 ...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App