Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSoD


03 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
BSoD

Hi!

I am in dire need for some help, I have the following BSoD's:
  1. 110311-11590-01.dmp 03.11.2011 21:08:49 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff880`04cf808f fffff880`05ffa9e8 fffff880`05ffa240 atikmdag.sys atikmdag.sys+465247 x64 atikmdag.sys+4a108f C:\Windows\Minidump\110311-11590-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 856
  2. 110311-10108-01.dmp 03.11.2011 09:06:17 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00000403 fffff680`000361a0 8f400001`1e70c867 fffdf680`000361a0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\110311-10108-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 800
  3. 110311-10093-01.dmp 03.11.2011 08:59:38 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02c659ea fffff880`0be50600 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\110311-10093-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 856
  4. 102911-10654-01.dmp 29.10.2011 15:29:08 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02c9714d fffff880`065e7fa0 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\102911-10654-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 912


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jokernord View Post
Hi!

I am in dire need for some help, I have the following BSoD's:
  1. 110311-11590-01.dmp 03.11.2011 21:08:49 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff880`04cf808f fffff880`05ffa9e8 fffff880`05ffa240 atikmdag.sys atikmdag.sys+465247 x64 atikmdag.sys+4a108f C:\Windows\Minidump\110311-11590-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 856
  2. 110311-10108-01.dmp 03.11.2011 09:06:17 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00000403 fffff680`000361a0 8f400001`1e70c867 fffdf680`000361a0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\110311-10108-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 800
  3. 110311-10093-01.dmp 03.11.2011 08:59:38 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02c659ea fffff880`0be50600 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\110311-10093-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 856
  4. 102911-10654-01.dmp 29.10.2011 15:29:08 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02c9714d fffff880`065e7fa0 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\102911-10654-01.dmp 4 15 7601 275 912


We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

As requested
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Note: I have removed my GPU card and are now using the on board ATI Radeon HD 4290.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Updated file according to guide uploaded.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- No the org.
- OEM (ver. of Windows 7, purchased from retailer. build my own PC)
- What is the age of system: Most is brand new, GPU (not the onboard) and PSU is 3 years old.
- What is the age of OS installation: Reinstallation a few days ago when I got a new SSD.

Had problems before, with BSOD's but got worse. I have a naging feeling that there is something wrong with the memory.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jokernord View Post
Updated file according to guide uploaded.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- No the org.
- OEM (ver. of Windows 7, purchased from retailer. build my own PC)
- What is the age of system: Most is brand new, GPU (not the onboard) and PSU is 3 years old.
- What is the age of OS installation: Reinstallation a few days ago when I got a new SSD.

Had problems before, with BSOD's but got worse. I have a naging feeling that there is something wrong with the memory.



Two problems

1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.


Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).


2-your f-secure is causing memory management issues I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials



Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Great! I have done as you said, and will test with MSSE and report back
Thanks for the help so far!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jokernord View Post
Great! I have done as you said, and will test with MSSE and report back
Thanks for the help so far!
You are welcome and let us know if you need help


ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Dear Ken!

I did as you said, and then I ran a ASUS stress test and it worked fine
I installed my ASUS AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB and ran a new stress test and got a BSOD again.
I think my GPU might be defective, but I have added new info again attached in this post.

Best regards
Stål
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jokernord View Post
Dear Ken!

I did as you said, and then I ran a ASUS stress test and it worked fine
I installed my ASUS AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB and ran a new stress test and got a BSOD again.
I think my GPU might be defective, but I have added new info again attached in this post.

Best regards
Stål

Greetings

your newest crash still has 2005 asacpi.sys. Please use the recommended procedure to update it.



1-ASACPI.SYS


The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.


Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSoD




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33