Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSODs


05 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
Random BSODs

They don't happen very often. I think it's my GPU driver.

Intel Pentium E5500
ATI 5670
2GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by R00N View Post
They don't happen very often. I think it's my GPU driver.

Intel Pentium E5500
ATI 5670
2GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.


As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.


If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.


If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.


Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.


Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.


If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.


I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Updating to the newest ATI drivers and the screen doesn't flicker anymore and I haven't crashed all day. Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Service PAck 1
 
 
Please Help! BSOD here too!

Hello, I cannot create new threads for some reason...so I will post my info here.

I have recently been getting a lot of BSOD crashes for some unknown reason. Here's some info on the minidump/crashlogs.

There are 2 different ones:

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+7cc10 )
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt+7cc10
fffff800`032e0c10 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt+7cc10

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.exe

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner

--------------------------------------------------------

Probably caused by : cpudrv64.sys ( cpudrv64+1912 )

FOLLOWUP_IP:
cpudrv64+1912
fffff880`071a2912 0f32 rdmsr

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 4

SYMBOL_NAME: cpudrv64+1912

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: cpudrv64

IMAGE_NAME: cpudrv64.sys

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by R00N View Post
Updating to the newest ATI drivers and the screen doesn't flicker anymore and I haven't crashed all day. Thanks

My pleasure glad you are working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pantsy View Post
Hello, I cannot create new threads for some reason...so I will post my info here.

I have recently been getting a lot of BSOD crashes for some unknown reason. Here's some info on the minidump/crashlogs.

There are 2 different ones:

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+7cc10 )
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt+7cc10
fffff800`032e0c10 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt+7cc10

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.exe

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner

--------------------------------------------------------

Probably caused by : cpudrv64.sys ( cpudrv64+1912 )

FOLLOWUP_IP:
cpudrv64+1912
fffff880`071a2912 0f32 rdmsr

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 4

SYMBOL_NAME: cpudrv64+1912

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: cpudrv64

IMAGE_NAME: cpudrv64.sys

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner

Pantsy


First you do need to start your own thread. (see snip for crate thread button). If you cannot it may be because you just recently joined sevenforums.


We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSODs




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Random BSODs
Thread Forum
Random BSODs Caused by Random Files with Differing Stop Codes BSOD Help and Support
Solved Random BSODs during random tasks. Latest error: 0x1000007e BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs appearing at random BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs; Firefox 4 random crashes BSOD Help and Support
Getting random BSODs BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODS at Random Times - Please Help BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33