Ive been having the same problems help me so i can help u.
1. Do u have a Western digital Caviar Green hard drive either 1.5tb or 2tb (WD15EADS) (install intel matrix storage manager make sure the hard drive is set to ahci on the bios) if so how fast does it read and write
2. have you checked your memory frequencies on your motherboards bios make sure theyre correct (sometimes the motherboard doesn't load the right clock settings at spdif you dont know what im talking about plz ask)
3. Stupid question but are you overclocking (has to be asked) if you don't know load default bios settings
4. The games youre playing have they been downloaded if so Ive heard rumours some torrent games freeze up your computer a lot, rumours probably Bull***t
5. Did you start experiencing this problem when updating your bios
6. Do you have Windows 7 64bit build 7600 sp1 with all updates or RC
7. Some say the PSU is failing does it make a weird humming noise when the computer is switched off
My brothers had this problem for ages so he called me I remember at first it would freeze for about 4 minutes randomly 4 - 6 times in an hour especially while browsing. Ive been on this for a whole week and ive never seen anything like it. Ive been on different posts everywhere Ive checked this system with windows 7 32/64bit vista 32bit xp 32bit (with Xp it was less). I noticed everytime I used the browser (IE9/Firefox) it would start to freeze up and come back the hard drive light stays on and the graphics and cpu fan speed lowers dramatically. I also formatted the whole hard drive and made sure I installed windows on the first partition on the list. Ive tried everything but its still freezing a little,
im losing sleep im suicidal please help. thanx for reading.
CPU I7 860
Motherboard: EVGA P55 FTW
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 4890
Memory: Gskillz 4gig 2200mhz memory
Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5tb Hard drive
P.S. if you find the answer plz let us know