Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD - random, many different error codes


06 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
BSOD - random, many different error codes

I have run memtest a couple different times without any errors. Have also pulled each stick to see if one was causing problems with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Home Built
7 Pro x64 - OEM
Hardware is mostly 4 years old - CPU and GPU are 3 years old
Did clean install of OS a couple days ago

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M4A1Walter View Post
I have run memtest a couple different times without any errors. Have also pulled each stick to see if one was causing problems with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Home Built
7 Pro x64 - OEM
Hardware is mostly 4 years old - CPU and GPU are 3 years old
Did clean install of OS a couple days ago
Two causes, One immediate one chronic

Immediate.

Your avast is causing these crashes. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials


http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows


Chronic


Old driver (no really old--from as far back as 2004) that need updating


Code:
SiWinAcc.sys    11/1/2004 2:23:29 PM        fffff880`01057000    fffff880`01061000    0x0000a000    0x41868d31                        
SiRemFil.sys    10/18/2006 5:20:39 PM        fffff880`01b9e000    fffff880`01ba6000    0x00008000    0x4536a8b7                        
nvm62x64.sys    10/17/2008 4:01:06 PM        fffff880`0504c000    fffff880`050afd80    0x00063d80    0x48f8fd12                        
Si3531.sys    2/8/2009 7:58:27 PM        fffff880`0117b000    fffff880`011ce000    0x00053000    0x498f7fb3                        
t3.sys    5/5/2009 9:25:42 PM        fffff880`0548c000    fffff880`0552b000    0x0009f000    0x4a00f526                        
spldr.sys    5/11/2009 11:56:27 AM        fffff880`01b5c000    fffff880`01b64000    0x00008000    0x4a0858bb
Try this free video stress test: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
Reformatted

Ok, so I found the old drivers, but couldn't figure out how to get new ones or remove those effectively so I simply reformatted. This time I didn't install any drivers from old CDs. The only one that is potentially old is the sound card, but I don't think that's the problem.

I have installed MSE as recommended. Now it is having trouble updating tho. Computer is crashing frequently when attempting to run windows update.

I also ran furmark for 30+ min with no crashes or problems. GPU topped out at 83/84 C.

Errors that I've seen today:
0x01a
0x07e
0x0109
0x00a
0x050
0x03b
0x0d1

I believe there is a driver issue. Perhaps you can shed a little more light from these minidumps. Thanks again for that speedy response and all your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

No crashes for several days - not sure why. Today while playing Team Fortress 2 I got a BSOD (0x0a). Then again while restarting (0x050).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Working fine in safe mode with networking atm. Wasn't able to run perfmon /report. Gave me an error.

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M4A1Walter View Post
Ok, so I found the old drivers, but couldn't figure out how to get new ones or remove those effectively so I simply reformatted. This time I didn't install any drivers from old CDs. The only one that is potentially old is the sound card, but I don't think that's the problem.

I have installed MSE as recommended. Now it is having trouble updating tho. Computer is crashing frequently when attempting to run windows update.

I also ran furmark for 30+ min with no crashes or problems. GPU topped out at 83/84 C.

Errors that I've seen today:
0x01a
0x07e
0x0109
0x00a
0x050
0x03b
0x0d1

I believe there is a driver issue. Perhaps you can shed a little more light from these minidumps. Thanks again for that speedy response and all your help.
Ugh, Related to SIWinAcc.sys Windows Accelerator Driver from Silicon Image, Inc. Yours from 2004. That was before vista SP-2. It cant possibly know how to work in win 7

Another old driver Related to nvmfdx64.sys NVIDIA nForce Networking. Yours 2008.


These are only two of the drivers from the most recent DMP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2011   #6

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Great, thanks. I realize this is similar to what you posted before. I was surprised that those drivers found their way back onto my computer. I guess windows auto downloaded those?

Anyways, I found new nForce drivers on Nvidia's website and installed those. I haven't had any BSODs since then.

I have not updated SIWinACC.sys as I can't find and updated version and don't want to pay $30 for one of the driver updater programs. Silicon Image's website didn't appear to have any place to download an updated file. Hopefully the nForce drivers were the primary problem.

Thanks again for all your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2011   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M4A1Walter View Post
Great, thanks. I realize this is similar to what you posted before. I was surprised that those drivers found their way back onto my computer. I guess windows auto downloaded those?

Anyways, I found new nForce drivers on Nvidia's website and installed those. I haven't had any BSODs since then.

I have not updated SIWinACC.sys as I can't find and updated version and don't want to pay $30 for one of the driver updater programs. Silicon Image's website didn't appear to have any place to download an updated file. Hopefully the nForce drivers were the primary problem.

Thanks again for all your help.
If you dont absolutely need SIW I would remove it. Good Luck and my pleasure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #8

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

So I went and found SIWinAcc.sys in Windows/System32/Drivers, but I've had a couple of blue screens since my last posting. Probably 3-4.

I leave my computer on 24/7 and I wonder if it has something to do with that. Also, yesterday my GPU driver crashed and restarted while I was playing TF2. Anyways, any more light you could shed on this would be great. Maybe I didn't get rid of everything I was supposed to...?

Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M4A1Walter View Post
So I went and found SIWinAcc.sys in Windows/System32/Drivers, but I've had a couple of blue screens since my last posting. Probably 3-4.

I leave my computer on 24/7 and I wonder if it has something to do with that. Also, yesterday my GPU driver crashed and restarted while I was playing TF2. Anyways, any more light you could shed on this would be great. Maybe I didn't get rid of everything I was supposed to...?

Thanks again.

Of course it does. System Uptime: 2 days 5:01:23.400 (53 hours). If you reboot once a day it may by itself cure the problem.



The most recent crash was Related to nvmf6264.sys MCP Networking Function Driver. from NVIDIA Corporation


Old drivers
Code:
SiRemFil.sys    10/18/2006 5:20:39 PM        fffff880`01bd3000    fffff880`01bdb000    0x00008000    0x4536a8b7                        
wacommousefilter.sys    2/16/2007 1:12:17 PM        fffff880`07d44000    fffff880`07d4c000    0x00008000    0x45d5f401                        
Si3531.sys    2/8/2009 7:58:27 PM        fffff880`01173000    fffff880`011c6000    0x00053000    0x498f7fb3                        
t3.sys    5/5/2009 9:25:42 PM        fffff880`07d61000    fffff880`07e00000    0x0009f000    0x4a00f526                        
wacomvhid.sys    5/20/2009 2:53:55 PM        fffff880`075f9000    fffff880`075fb800    0x00002800    0x4a145fd3
Please remove this dtsoftbus01.sys Virtual Bus Driver from DT Soft Ltd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD - random, many different error codes




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD - random, many different error codes
Thread Forum
Random BSOD with different error codes BSOD Help and Support
BSOD three different error codes, and random timing. BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at random, inconsistent error codes BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD's (Mixed error codes) BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD's random error codes BSOD Help and Support
Frequent random BSOD, Multiple error codes BSOD Help and Support
recurring BSOD at random, various error codes? BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33