Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD errors playing Fallout 3, error 0x0000004e -3b - 7e

12 Nov 2011   #11
Onigami

Windows 7 Home 64
 
 

So far with the other stick the entire test has been fine. I've done 7 passes on the 3 ram slots as someone mentioned I should do and everything has been fine.

As for being overclocked, I've tried to turn off all overclocking on my comp (I know I have an i5 2500K which is for overclocking) to avoid overheating my CPU. It tends to get into the high 50's and 60's when running small games like Fallout 3 (and for some reason, Diablo II windowed)

I found a way to kick the fans in silent, turn off turbo mode in the BIOS and switch my ASUS AI Suite II to "Auto" in Tools. It turned the temps down a lot. I know this is probably info you don't need to know, but I thought it might help in case I'm doing something wrong.

But thanks for the help and getting me to pinpoint the issue directly.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Nov 2011   #12
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Onigami View Post
So far with the other stick the entire test has been fine. I've done 7 passes on the 3 ram slots as someone mentioned I should do and everything has been fine.

As for being overclocked, I've tried to turn off all overclocking on my comp (I know I have an i5 2500K which is for overclocking) to avoid overheating my CPU. It tends to get into the high 50's and 60's when running small games like Fallout 3 (and for some reason, Diablo II windowed)

I found a way to kick the fans in silent, turn off turbo mode in the BIOS and switch my ASUS AI Suite II to "Auto" in Tools. It turned the temps down a lot. I know this is probably info you don't need to know, but I thought it might help in case I'm doing something wrong.

But thanks for the help and getting me to pinpoint the issue directly.
Good news on the other ram and mobo slots and any info is useful info
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #13
Onigami

Windows 7 Home 64
 
 

The fourth slot finally finished, 7 passes on each slot too. So one RAM stick is bad, I got the code to send it back and filled out the RMA form. I'll be sending it packaged next week and hopefully get a fixed one back. Lol.

Should I still run Driver Verifier?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Nov 2011   #14
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Onigami View Post
The fourth slot finally finished, 7 passes on each slot too. So one RAM stick is bad, I got the code to send it back and filled out the RMA form. I'll be sending it packaged next week and hopefully get a fixed one back. Lol.

Should I still run Driver Verifier?
you can wait if the BSOD's arent killing you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #15
Onigami

Windows 7 Home 64
 
 

The only BSOD's I got was when I played Fallout 3. I could always attempt to play it and wait for the errors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #16
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Onigami View Post
The only BSOD's I got was when I played Fallout 3. I could always attempt to play it and wait for the errors.
If that is the only time I would but then Im not a gamer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD errors playing Fallout 3, error 0x0000004e -3b - 7e




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Intermittent issues with errors 0x0000001a and 0x0000004e
Hi guys. First time user of these forums. There will be random times during the middle of using Skype and playing games such as Diablo 3 or Wildstar that suddenly I will get a BSOD. It has been happening for the past 5 months or so and has happened now 6 total times using the error codes 0x0000001a...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after playing APB, 0x000000C4 and 0x0000004E
I got the PFN corrupt while playing APB: Reloaded got the other two crashes after using driver verifier also BSOD before playing BF4
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing World of Warcraft using Youtube, error 0X0000004E
Hi, I've been having really big problems with my laptop lately. I have been getting like one BSOD a day for about a month or so. But lately it just seems to get worse. The laptop is over a year old and I have had no troubles until recently. I installed World of Warcraft, updated my gfx card...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing BF3 - error 0x0000004e
Hi, BF3 is now unplayable for me due to crashes, freezes & BSODs (typically 0x0000004e) in every single game. So far I've tried: 1. Updating to the latest video drivers 2. Uninstalling BF3, deleting all game files & re-installing 3. Uninstalling video drivers using Driver Sweeper &...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing battlefeild 3,crysis 3,and more error 0x0000004e
Hey i have been having problems with my newish laptop. I have restored it back to the factory settings and reinstalled everything but it still gets BSOD. In mind i am pretty new to computers :) this is what who crashed says. System Information (local) computer name: ALEXS-PC windows...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App