Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSOD Fujitsu Siemens


12 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 
Random BSOD Fujitsu Siemens

Hello all,

I need your help once again.
This time concerning my Amilo Pro V3205
-Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
-Intel Centrino Duo @1.60GHZ
-1.5 GB RAM

I get BSODs at random times with it, sometimes while under "pressure" sometimes while merely browsing for files.
I attached all required files as usual.

Hope somebody will be so nice to help me out

Many thanks in advance!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pluffi View Post
Hello all,

I need your help once again.
This time concerning my Amilo Pro V3205
-Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
-Intel Centrino Duo @1.60GHZ
-1.5 GB RAM

I get BSODs at random times with it, sometimes while under "pressure" sometimes while merely browsing for files.
I attached all required files as usual.

Hope somebody will be so nice to help me out

Many thanks in advance!

A few problems


1- old drivers

Code:
HSX_CNXT.sys    1/11/2006 7:12:47 PM    HSX_CNXT.sys+a2148    0x8e118000    0x8e1cf000    0x000b7000    0x43c59eff                        
HSXHWAZL.sys    1/11/2006 7:12:52 PM        0x9559a000    0x955d4000    0x0003a000    0x43c59f04                        
HSX_DPV.sys    1/11/2006 7:13:30 PM        0x8e021000    0x8e118000    0x000f7000    0x43c59f2a                        
rixdptsk.sys    11/14/2006 8:35:19 PM        0x8eb13000    0x8eb64000    0x00051000    0x455a6ed7                        
e100b325.sys    11/16/2007 1:53:32 PM        0x8eaa7000    0x8eacde00    0x00026e00    0x473de72c                        
CHDRT32.sys    3/4/2008 1:31:57 PM        0x9550f000    0x95542000    0x00033000    0x47cd959d                        
netw5v32.sys    3/26/2009 11:10:37 AM        0x8e62f000    0x8ea42000    0x00413000    0x49cba8fd
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

2-Run update readiness and update to SP-1



Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32bit option for your system)

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

ISC Diary | Windows 7 / 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Problems

links courtesy jmh


3-Run a system file check


Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before sucessful

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Hello,

Just had about 6 BSOD within 10 minutes. Skype & Chrome with 3 tabs were running at the time.

I have done pretty much all of the above and more or less all went fine.

-Not too sure if I could update the HSX drivers, they are modem related, pretty old and haven't been updated further than XP or vista.
-System file check returned no errors
-I am now on SP1, and ran the readiness hotfix.

However,

-I currently still have 4 updates queued that keep failing.

Concerning the 6 BSOD I just had:

- They were all Memory Management related or PFN List.
- I currently can't get my laptop to run long enough to do a perfmon & dump report, it keeps BSODing before or while I try to perfmon. Will try to add that as soon as I get through.

Also,

- Could this be related to the PC having 2 different RAM modules? The speed of the 512mb one is slower than the added 1GB, although from what I know the PC automatically slows the faster GB down to match the 512-one... In the past I had the same errors even after removing the additional GB...

- The PC ran pretty much fine for almost a day before the above happened, so since I applied your fixes yesterday, no issues, the problems just started now.

EDIT 1: Just took out the additional GB RAM, managed to get back into windows and now running perfmon and the dump collecting tool. Will add those when done.
EDIT 2: Perfmon and dump files now attached, keep in mind the test was run at 512mb ram, hence permon reporting low memory...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Nov 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pluffi View Post
Hello,

Just had about 6 BSOD within 10 minutes. Skype & Chrome with 3 tabs were running at the time.

I have done pretty much all of the above and more or less all went fine.

-Not too sure if I could update the HSX drivers, they are modem related, pretty old and haven't been updated further than XP or vista.
-System file check returned no errors
-I am now on SP1, and ran the readiness hotfix.

However,

-I currently still have 4 updates queued that keep failing.

Concerning the 6 BSOD I just had:

- They were all Memory Management related or PFN List.
- I currently can't get my laptop to run long enough to do a perfmon & dump report, it keeps BSODing before or while I try to perfmon. Will try to add that as soon as I get through.

Also,

- Could this be related to the PC having 2 different RAM modules? The speed of the 512mb one is slower than the added 1GB, although from what I know the PC automatically slows the faster GB down to match the 512-one... In the past I had the same errors even after removing the additional GB...

- The PC ran pretty much fine for almost a day before the above happened, so since I applied your fixes yesterday, no issues, the problems just started now.

EDIT 1: Just took out the additional GB RAM, managed to get back into windows and now running perfmon and the dump collecting tool. Will add those when done.
EDIT 2: Perfmon and dump files now attached, keep in mind the test was run at 512mb ram, hence permon reporting low memory...
All of these report memory management. I would run these tests to verify the memory and find which driver may be causing it


1-Memtest.
Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

-deleted-
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Hello again,

First off, sorry for the long waiting time, I have been following your tips and testing my system thoroughly.
And after 2 weeks without bluescreens, I guess the problem is resolved and as I found through memtest, it was due to a faulty RAM module.

Thanks again for the great help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pluffi View Post
Hello again,

First off, sorry for the long waiting time, I have been following your tips and testing my system thoroughly.
And after 2 weeks without bluescreens, I guess the problem is resolved and as I found through memtest, it was due to a faulty RAM module.

Thanks again for the great help!
My pleasure and thanks for letting us know. Good Luck

ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSOD Fujitsu Siemens




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33