Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSOD, errors 0x0a and 0x19 after some inactivity

13 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Prof. 64bit
 
 
BSOD, errors 0x0a and 0x19 after some inactivity

Since a couple of days I'm facing 0x0a and some 0x19 BSODs on my HP EliteBook 8440p.
I already tried to get a clou what's causing this and reviewed the Minidump file, but the only thing I figured out was that the Windows basic component ntoskrnl.exe was always involved.

Basic info:
  • Windows Prof. 64 Bit
  • Full Version
  • What is the age of system (hardware)? -> 1.5 years
  • What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) -> 1 year
I've attached the analysis file for your really appreciated hints.
Thanks a lot already in advance.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by phxsun View Post
Since a couple of days I'm facing 0x0a and some 0x19 BSODs on my HP EliteBook 8440p.
I already tried to get a clou what's causing this and reviewed the Minidump file, but the only thing I figured out was that the Windows basic component ntoskrnl.exe was always involved.

I've attached the analysis file for your really appreciated hints.
Thanks a lot already in advance.
I am assuming you used Blue screen view which is often incorrect.

There is no definitive diagnosis but I bet it is your Symantec causing the problem

I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.


http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Prof. 64bit
 
 

Yes, I did it with BlueScreen View.
Will give the Symantec uninstall a try. Thanks for this hint
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Nov 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by phxsun View Post
Yes, I did it with BlueScreen View.
Will give the Symantec uninstall a try. Thanks for this hint
no problem and good luck. Let us know if you still are BSOD'ing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 Prof. 64bit
 
 

Unfortunately the system is still going into BSODs after a while of inactivity.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by phxsun View Post
Unfortunately the system is still going into BSODs after a while of inactivity.
still need the dmp files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #7

Windows 7 Prof x64
 
 

I dug deeper into the log files and could figure out that some HP software (hpasset.exe) was crashing as well. After I uninstalled the HP Support Assistant, the asset agent was also removed. Now, the systems seems to be stable for a while.
Hopefully it's fixed
Thanks for your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
I dug deeper into the log files and could figure out that some HP software (hpasset.exe) was crashing as well. After I uninstalled the HP Support Assistant, the asset agent was also removed. Now, the systems seems to be stable for a while.
Hopefully it's fixed
Thanks for your help

My Pleasure and good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD, errors 0x0a and 0x19 after some inactivity





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD, errors 0x0a and 0x19 after some inactivity
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD playing WoW, 3 constant errors 0x0A, 0x50, 0x1E BSOD Help and Support
BSOD occuring randomly and oftenly, errors 0x109 0x50 0x0a BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Dragon Nest/League of Legends, errors 0x7E, 0x19, 0x3B BSOD Help and Support
Bsod 0x0a BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at startup 0x19 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 0x19 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 0x0A BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33