My name is John and I'm a rather new guy around here. I was really hoping someone here can shed some much needed light upon the curse I have been suffering from for some time now that has me stumped.
I've grown prone to random system complete lock-up's that cause my screen to go black, system completely unresponsive needing to be forced to restart, and most times this really weird and annoying sound in my headset. It's rather difficult to try and explain the sound, but when you hear it, you just know your system locked up. IT's a weird stuttering/buzzing sound. Well as I've said--it's pretty difficult to try and put into words really.
I try and keep my video card and stuff up to date. I also try to do the same with the BIOS. Unfortunately, the last BIOS update for my ASROCK motherboard was from late 2010 and is the one I am running.
I seem to suffer this fate moreso when doing gaming. I play Minecraft, ArmA 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dead Island, etc. ArmA seems to play nice. It's just the other games I play that is prone to just black screen me and lock up, or even just randomly restart itself. My gpu fans are forced to around 80-85% constant to help with any heat issues that I may not be aware of, but from observations off and on, the temps seem rather good.
I have enclose a .zip with the BSOD information and the health report stuff as per the posting guidelines.
Below are my system specs as well:
-Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
- HYUNDAI W220d Black 22" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 10000:1
- ASRock X58 Supercomputer LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX
- Silverstone OP1000-E 1000W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V SLI & CrossFire Ready
- older Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz (HT turned off)
- 6GB (6 x 1GB) OCZ DDR3 SDRAM (1333MHz DDR3-1333/PC3-10600)
-GIGABYTE GV-N570OC-13I GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card [running the latest driver from Nvidia]
- WDC WD5001AALS-00L3B2 ATA Device (465 GB, IDE)
- WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device (931 GB, IDE)
- WDC WD4000AAJS-00TKA0 ATA Device (372 GB, IDE)
- Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64? X64
- the original installed OS on the system? Home built PC
- an OEM or full retail version? Retail via Newegg.com
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Roughly 1-2 years old (parts purchases late '09)
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Reinstalled a few months ago because of previous BSOD's.
To make it even more informative, I have run and created a htm report of my entire specs using EVEREST, zipped if it is required or could be more helpful for trouble shooting purposes.
Hope this is something that can be remedied without having to buy all new hardware. I thank you all in advance for any help you could provide concerning my woes.