Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD playing Skyrim, 116...something. Game keeps crashing only 2min in


14 Nov 2011   #1

Rogaland
 
 
BSOD playing Skyrim, 116...something. Game keeps crashing only 2min in

Hi
So I have tried alot of different things. Last night i played maybe for a couple of hours and when I woke up this morning and wanted to play it kept crashing over and over again. Sometimes into blue screen sometimes just freeze and I had to reboot.

So my question really is: Is there anybody who would take their time to help me out?


Windows 7 Ulitmate
-AMD Phenom(tm)II X6 1075T Processor 3.00GHz
-64 - bit operating system
-8,00 RAM



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post
Hi
So I have tried alot of different things. Last night i played maybe for a couple of hours and when I woke up this morning and wanted to play it kept crashing over and over again. Sometimes into blue screen sometimes just freeze and I had to reboot.

So my question really is: Is there anybody who would take their time to help me out?


Windows 7 Ulitmate
-AMD Phenom(tm)II X6 1075T Processor 3.00GHz
-64 - bit operating system
-8,00 RAM



"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #3

Rogaland
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post
Hi
So I have tried alot of different things. Last night i played maybe for a couple of hours and when I woke up this morning and wanted to play it kept crashing over and over again. Sometimes into blue screen sometimes just freeze and I had to reboot.

So my question really is: Is there anybody who would take their time to help me out?


Windows 7 Ulitmate
-AMD Phenom(tm)II X6 1075T Processor 3.00GHz
-64 - bit operating system
-8,00 RAM



"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
To be honest I am really bad at reading of these measurements. I downloaded both of them and I am looking at the temp. It says GPU 46 C. Do you mean i should just take off the side panel and clean the fans? And is 46 C bad or good. Help a fella out here!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Nov 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post
Hi
So I have tried alot of different things. Last night i played maybe for a couple of hours and when I woke up this morning and wanted to play it kept crashing over and over again. Sometimes into blue screen sometimes just freeze and I had to reboot.

So my question really is: Is there anybody who would take their time to help me out?


Windows 7 Ulitmate
-AMD Phenom(tm)II X6 1075T Processor 3.00GHz
-64 - bit operating system
-8,00 RAM



"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
To be honest I am really bad at reading of these measurements. I downloaded both of them and I am looking at the temp. It says GPU 46 C. Do you mean i should just take off the side panel and clean the fans? And is 46 C bad or good. Help a fella out here!
46C isnt bad at idke what does the temp climb to when gaming?

Usually this BCC is related to heat, power, or a driver.

Take the side of the case off and point a house fan at it. make sure it is carefully cleaned with compressed air

At least check out the insdie of the case for anything that doesnt look right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #5

Rogaland
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post




"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
To be honest I am really bad at reading of these measurements. I downloaded both of them and I am looking at the temp. It says GPU 46 C. Do you mean i should just take off the side panel and clean the fans? And is 46 C bad or good. Help a fella out here!
46C isnt bad at idke what does the temp climb to when gaming?

Usually this BCC is related to heat, power, or a driver.

Take the side of the case off and point a house fan at it. make sure it is carefully cleaned with compressed air

At least check out the insdie of the case for anything that doesnt look right.
It seems to be rising to approx. 55C - 60C give and take. I dusted it now, so do you think if i keep it cool there should'nt be any problems? Seems weird since I've got 4 Cool master fans inside my case. Any idea? (add: 70C Ingame)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post

To be honest I am really bad at reading of these measurements. I downloaded both of them and I am looking at the temp. It says GPU 46 C. Do you mean i should just take off the side panel and clean the fans? And is 46 C bad or good. Help a fella out here!
46C isnt bad at idke what does the temp climb to when gaming?

Usually this BCC is related to heat, power, or a driver.

Take the side of the case off and point a house fan at it. make sure it is carefully cleaned with compressed air

At least check out the insdie of the case for anything that doesnt look right.
It seems to be rising to approx. 55C - 60C give and take. I dusted it now, so do you think if i keep it cool there should'nt be any problems? Seems weird since I've got 4 Cool master fans inside my case. Any idea? (add: 70C Ingame)
Doubt it is those temps.

If you still have BSOD's upload the DMP files to us
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #7

Rogaland
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

46C isnt bad at idke what does the temp climb to when gaming?

Usually this BCC is related to heat, power, or a driver.

Take the side of the case off and point a house fan at it. make sure it is carefully cleaned with compressed air

At least check out the insdie of the case for anything that doesnt look right.
It seems to be rising to approx. 55C - 60C give and take. I dusted it now, so do you think if i keep it cool there should'nt be any problems? Seems weird since I've got 4 Cool master fans inside my case. Any idea? (add: 70C Ingame)
Doubt it is those temps.

If you still have BSOD's upload the DMP files to us
Well as I was trying thee game moving around, i tabbed out and checked the GPU-z and as i tabbed it went from 70C to 55C (Windows Screen). Note: Only this game gives me BSOD's.
ANd got a blue screen as I was in Windows checking the GPU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2011   #8

Rogaland
 
 

Ok so I now tested the Furmark program and it went all the way up to 83C. Having my computers side panel open doesn't seem to work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD playing Skyrim, 116...something. Game keeps crashing only 2min in




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD playing Skyrim, 116...something. Game keeps crashing only 2min in
Thread Forum
BSOD playing skyrim BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Skyrim BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while playing Skyrim BSOD Help and Support
Solved Computer crashing when playing any game BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Skyrim BSOD Help and Support
BSOD atikmpag.sys - Crashing with Skyrim and other games. BSOD Help and Support
windows 7 crashing when playing my game and internet BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33