Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen.


15 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 
BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen.

System specifcations:
Windows 7 x64, OEM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0ghz
4gb RAM
Radeon 4870HD

Background info:
Computer is two years old from being built, new motherboard installed as the old one had an "intermittent fault." For a period of two months (until I properly reinstalled Windows on a clean hard drive) I was getting the BlueScreen 'IRQL_not_less_or_equal'.

The problem:
Recently got Skyrim, installed it and played it on the High settings (as was recommended for my graphics card). 20 minutes in - when the dragon lands on the battlement, if some of you are familiar with the game - the game crashed. The screen went black, a small graphical glitch went across, the the moniter stated "Input needed". Accompanied by a high pitch sound through the speakers. I didn't actually see the Blue Screen, but upon rebooting into safe mode, windows indicated there was one. Tried again, on the lowest settings. I lasted a lot longer in the Skyrim world, but eventually, I got the same crash. Then I opened up Borderlands to see if it wasn't Skyrim specific. I got 20 minutes or so into the game, followed once more by the same crash. I never actually saw the Blue Screen. Upon the latest attempt to play Skyrim this is what my computer stated, which you guys will be familiar with:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004DCC7A8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Attached are the minidump files, and the system health report, as per BSOD posting instructions. I am suspecting it is a graphics card problem. I have installed the latest drivers also, which I did after the first crash. Malwarebytes and MSE have turned up clean. These crashes have only began since downloading and installing Skyrim, though if that signifies anything or not, I do not know.

I would love it if someone here could help me. Thank you for your time.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shinyredplanet View Post
System specifcations:
Windows 7 x64, OEM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0ghz
4gb RAM
Radeon 4870HD

Background info:
Computer is two years old from being built, new motherboard installed as the old one had an "intermittent fault." For a period of two months (until I properly reinstalled Windows on a clean hard drive) I was getting the BlueScreen 'IRQL_not_less_or_equal'.

The problem:
Recently got Skyrim, installed it and played it on the High settings (as was recommended for my graphics card). 20 minutes in - when the dragon lands on the battlement, if some of you are familiar with the game - the game crashed. The screen went black, a small graphical glitch went across, the the moniter stated "Input needed". Accompanied by a high pitch sound through the speakers. I didn't actually see the Blue Screen, but upon rebooting into safe mode, windows indicated there was one. Tried again, on the lowest settings. I lasted a lot longer in the Skyrim world, but eventually, I got the same crash. Then I opened up Borderlands to see if it wasn't Skyrim specific. I got 20 minutes or so into the game, followed once more by the same crash. I never actually saw the Blue Screen. Upon the latest attempt to play Skyrim this is what my computer stated, which you guys will be familiar with:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004DCC7A8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Attached are the minidump files, and the system health report, as per BSOD posting instructions. I am suspecting it is a graphics card problem. I have installed the latest drivers also, which I did after the first crash. Malwarebytes and MSE have turned up clean. These crashes have only began since downloading and installing Skyrim, though if that signifies anything or not, I do not know.

I would love it if someone here could help me. Thank you for your time.


Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.


You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try



My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Hey, thank you for replying. I am not overclocking or running RAID. Which piece of hardware would you say is in 'distress'?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Nov 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shinyredplanet View Post
Hey, thank you for replying. I am not overclocking or running RAID. Which piece of hardware would you say is in 'distress'?

Could be anything but I would start with anything you have changed (ie ram, psu, gpu, etc)

If ou have installed new ram, or added to it, that is probably it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shinyredplanet View Post
Hey, thank you for replying. I am not overclocking or running RAID. Which piece of hardware would you say is in 'distress'?

Could be anything but I would start with anything you have changed (ie ram, psu, gpu, etc)

If ou have installed new ram, or added to it, that is probably it.
I haven't changed anything in this case. Everything was humming along nicely, until the bluescreens during graphically intensive video games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shinyredplanet View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shinyredplanet View Post
Hey, thank you for replying. I am not overclocking or running RAID. Which piece of hardware would you say is in 'distress'?

Could be anything but I would start with anything you have changed (ie ram, psu, gpu, etc)

If ou have installed new ram, or added to it, that is probably it.
I haven't changed anything in this case. Everything was humming along nicely, until the bluescreens during graphically intensive video games.
The file indicates "hardware" perhaps video but not defined or pointed too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 
Any Solution

Hi there, Im also getting the Blue Screen for Skyrim and Left for Dead 2
My Specs are

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium OEM Service Pack 1
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @3.36ghz (O.C) from 2.80
Corsair Dominator Dual Channel 4GB DDR2 @800mhz
ATI Radeon 5770HD

So the story is similar to the one above, except i built my PC back in 2009, so its a little old but games have never been a problem
YES i understand it is overclocked, however it has been overclocked for 4 years now and never had a problem until recently.
Hard drive has been formatted last week, so brand new Skyrim and L4D2 install, only recently though i have been getting the Blue screens with the ringing in speakers etc.

Hope you found a solution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen.
Thread Forum
BSOD playing Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Borderlands 2, error 0x000000e1 (?) BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD playing Borderlands 1&2 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Borderlands (2), error 0x000000e BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing borderlands 2, bccode 0x000000f4 BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD playing Borderlands BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while playing Borderlands x64 (not a known issue) BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33