Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Kernel Power Error EventRecordID 41367

18 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 
Kernel Power Error EventRecordID 41367

I have been having this problem for almost half a year now, ignored it at first and then tried to fix it myself - it hasn't happened in a while but as of today it has happened 3 times in the same hour - I have found that the crash occurs every time I try and view pictures I have, I have looked everywhere and can't find anyone else with this same problem. At this point I am completely lost and have no idea what is wrong.

I have gotten a blue screen once, but every other time it just completely shuts down and reboots, no blue screen.

Event Log:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-11-18T16:49:41.179625800Z

EventRecordID 41367

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Sieghetzt-PC

+ Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18


- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sieghetzt View Post
I have been having this problem for almost half a year now, ignored it at first and then tried to fix it myself - it hasn't happened in a while but as of today it has happened 3 times in the same hour - I have found that the crash occurs every time I try and view pictures I have, I have looked everywhere and can't find anyone else with this same problem. At this point I am completely lost and have no idea what is wrong.

I have gotten a blue screen once, but every other time it just completely shuts down and reboots, no blue screen.

Event Log:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-11-18T16:49:41.179625800Z

EventRecordID 41367

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Sieghetzt-PC

+ Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18


- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0



No DMP files included in upload please try this method


We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
I did everything you stated in this and I still don't have a folder called "Minidump" in my %systemroot%, I looked for the folder and it wasn't there so I changed my settings to match that of above and then restarted my computer, after the restart I forced a crash and then looked for the folder and it's not there.

EDIT: I created the folder myself and rebooted into safe mode - no dmp file and then forced a crash and still no file in the folder. I am about to just give up on this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

From what I am understanding so far is: There is a kernel power error (Event 41), that occurs when I open a picture, the computer turns off and then back on by itself - with no DMP file produced which apparently is needed to figure out what is wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sieghetzt View Post
From what I am understanding so far is: There is a kernel power error (Event 41), that occurs when I open a picture, the computer turns off and then back on by itself - with no DMP file produced which apparently is needed to figure out what is wrong.
Kernel power error simply says the computer was not shut down cleanly. It is not what triggered it to shut down, just saying that it wasnt shut down normally.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Kernel power error simply says the computer was not shut down cleanly. It is not what triggered it to shut down, just saying that it wasnt shut down normally.
I'm just not understanding why the crashes aren't producing the DMP file needed to figure out what is wrong. BTW not every picture causes the crash only specific ones I carried over from an old hard drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sieghetzt View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Kernel power error simply says the computer was not shut down cleanly. It is not what triggered it to shut down, just saying that it wasnt shut down normally.
I'm just not understanding why the crashes aren't producing the DMP file needed to figure out what is wrong. BTW not every picture causes the crash only specific ones I carried over from an old hard drive.
Have you run Malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
It's scanning and found a few infected objects - I'll restart after it's done and see if I still crash - Thank you for all the help you have given me so far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sieghetzt View Post
It's scanning and found a few infected objects - I'll restart after it's done and see if I still crash - Thank you for all the help you have given me so far.
It didn't do anything, but I learned something new - my computer only crashes when I double click on the picture to preview it, I can right click on the picture and then select preview and everyone is fine. Could it have something to do with my mouse drivers (Razer Deathadder 3500 dpi)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sieghetzt View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sieghetzt View Post
It's scanning and found a few infected objects - I'll restart after it's done and see if I still crash - Thank you for all the help you have given me so far.
It didn't do anything, but I learned something new - my computer only crashes when I double click on the picture to preview it, I can right click on the picture and then select preview and everyone is fine. Could it have something to do with my mouse drivers (Razer Deathadder 3500 dpi)?

could be especially if it is an old driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Kernel Power Error EventRecordID 41367




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Kernel Power Error EventRecordID 41367
Thread Forum
Computer shuts down like power outtage, Kernel Power Error ID 41 BSOD Help and Support
Solved kernel power 41 error BSOD Help and Support
Getting Kernel Power error ID 41 BSOD Help and Support
Kernel-Power Error 41 (63) BSOD Help and Support
Kernel Power Error ID 41 BSOD Help and Support
Kernel-Power error (41) BSOD Help and Support
Kernel Power Error BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33