Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD any game and randomly

19 Nov 2011   #1
Behemia

Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD any game and randomly

Hi, having so many problems with anything graphically related causing bluescreens all over the place and hoping for a bit of help

Custom built PC
Windows 7 ultimate x64 full retail
Hardware is 2 years 8 months old, from build date
Tried re-installing on 3 different harddrives of different brand and size
Tried different windows 7 builds

The system is usually stable, but loading any games(minecraft, skyrim, bulletstorm etc) causes bluescreen within seconds, maybe minutes occasionally.

Files are attached below,
Thanks in advance


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Nov 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Behemia View Post
Hi, having so many problems with anything graphically related causing bluescreens all over the place and hoping for a bit of help

Custom built PC
Windows 7 ultimate x64 full retail
Hardware is 2 years 8 months old, from build date
Tried re-installing on 3 different harddrives of different brand and size
Tried different windows 7 builds

The system is usually stable, but loading any games(minecraft, skyrim, bulletstorm etc) causes bluescreen within seconds, maybe minutes occasionally.

Files are attached below,
Thanks in advance





No DMP files included in upload please try this method



We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2011   #3
Behemia

Ultimate x64
 
 

Sorry, DMP file is attached below
Behemia.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Nov 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Behemia View Post
Sorry, DMP file is attached below
Behemia.

DMP is corrupt and useless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2011   #5
Behemia

Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Behemia View Post
Sorry, DMP file is attached below
Behemia.

DMP is corrupt and useless.
Try this maybe?
-------

Also my windows\minidump folder is empty after bsods (tried different folders etc, changed settings, nothing works), so i have been getting the memory.dmp file found under C:\Windows\
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2011   #6
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Behemia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Behemia View Post
Sorry, DMP file is attached below
Behemia.

DMP is corrupt and useless.
Try this maybe?
-------

Also my windows\minidump folder is empty after bsods (tried different folders etc, changed settings, nothing works), so i have been getting the memory.dmp file found under C:\Windows\
Also corrupt and useless, I'm afraid.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2011   #7
Behemia

Ultimate x64
 
 

Just got a completely random bluescreen while browsing, which showed a 'Windows has just recovered' blah blah message, and a file in the minidump.. hopefully this one isnt corrupted
Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2011   #8
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

This appears to be related to DirectX. I would get the latest update for that. Also, it might not hurt to run a memtest. RAM - Test with Memtest86+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #9
Behemia

Ultimate x64
 
 

Ran a Memtest upto 140% with no problems but I will run again tonight while I'm sleeping.
My directx is apparently the latest version also.
Also when I attempt to play any game, bluescreens occur at some point - for example Skyrim, in the intro cutscene as soon as graphics are about to load from black screen, BSOD with irql_drivers_not_less or equal..
Thanks again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #10
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Behemia View Post
Ran a Memtest upto 140% with no problems but I will run again tonight while I'm sleeping.
My directx is apparently the latest version also.
Also when I attempt to play any game, bluescreens occur at some point - for example Skyrim, in the intro cutscene as soon as graphics are about to load from black screen, BSOD with irql_drivers_not_less or equal..
Thanks again
I will look further into this problem, as well. The forums and solutions I checked yesterday for other people having a similar problem never resolved the problem, but I'm sure with the massive experience on these forums, others will come up with a solution for you if I can't.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD any game and randomly




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Randomly, mostly after playing a game, error 0x000000f4
Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (OSR) Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers for more information Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64 Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 101 or game crashes durring any high end game
I've been haveing some trouble with either game crashes or full bluescreen (error 101). I WAS useing twin GeForce 9600GTs in SLI, I recently upgraded to a HD 7870. The problem did not change, suggesting that video drivers are not the source... Although altering the drivers with the 9600GTs did...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD randomly while playing a game
Hey, I've been having this problem more frequent now it seems but randomly it'll blue screen on me while i'm playing pretty much any game. I'm not sure if it's cause I have my CPU overclocked..
BSOD Help and Support
bsod randomly in game
what is the cause of bsod plzz see the attachment plzz reply what is the problem is it ram hdd or what?does os also cause bsod plz help thnx
BSOD Help and Support
Monitor blinks randomly - I don't game
Don't know if it is a monitor issue or video card. Sometimes it seems like I can associate it with what I am doing (when watching video or sometimes I will have Adobe apps or Bejeweled up) but then it happens when there is no apparent stress on the card at all. Doesn't matter if the monitor has...
Graphic Cards
Game crashes randomly after 10-20 min.
Whenever I play a game (NBA 2K11 for example) it'll play for about 10-20 min., then after that it'll just freeze up and the computer will just turn off itself. Any ideas of why this is happening? :cry:
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App