Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Different BSOD's - Mediacenter PC - IRQ_NOT_EQUAL, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

20 Nov 2011   #1
SilenceDK

Windows 7 Premium 32 bit
 
 
Different BSOD's - Mediacenter PC - IRQ_NOT_EQUAL, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

I am at my whits end regarding what is causing these BSOD's I'm having on my MediaCenter, and it's causing the WAF of my beloved MCE to plummet quite a bit I've had them for quite a while, but sometimes the system will run fine for two weeks, and then suddenly a BSOD.

  • When do they occur? No clear pattern - Usually when playing a TV-channel or a movie(But since it's a MCE that's what it'll be doing 95% of the time)
  • Memtest86+: Run successfully, one block of ram at a time(4-6 passes completed)
  • PSU powerrails checked: Yes, via multimeter, both unloaded, and when plugged into the computer
  • Warranty/Pre-Built: Out of warranty, built the system myself.

Computer details:
  • Orginal Windows 7 from MSDNAA, complete reinstall a month'ish ago
    • Windows 7 Professional Media Center Edition 6.1.7601 - Service Pack 1
  • CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
  • Motherboard: GA-E7AUM-DS2H
  • GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
  • Disk drive: 2xSAMSUNG HD103UJ 1TB (Storage)
  • Disk drive: 1xWDC WD10EADS 1TB (OS)
  • Optical drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F ATA Device
  • Case: Antec Fusion remote black
I've attached the files requested in the sticky in the zipfile.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Nov 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SilenceDK View Post
I am at my whits end regarding what is causing these BSOD's I'm having on my MediaCenter, and it's causing the WAF of my beloved MCE to plummet quite a bit I've had them for quite a while, but sometimes the system will run fine for two weeks, and then suddenly a BSOD.

  • When do they occur? No clear pattern - Usually when playing a TV-channel or a movie(But since it's a MCE that's what it'll be doing 95% of the time)
  • Memtest86+: Run successfully, one block of ram at a time(4-6 passes completed)
  • PSU powerrails checked: Yes, via multimeter, both unloaded, and when plugged into the computer
  • Warranty/Pre-Built: Out of warranty, built the system myself.

Computer details:
  • Orginal Windows 7 from MSDNAA, complete reinstall a month'ish ago
    • Windows 7 Professional Media Center Edition 6.1.7601 - Service Pack 1
  • CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
  • Motherboard: GA-E7AUM-DS2H
  • GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
  • Disk drive: 2xSAMSUNG HD103UJ 1TB (Storage)
  • Disk drive: 1xWDC WD10EADS 1TB (OS)
  • Optical drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F ATA Device
  • Case: Antec Fusion remote black
I've attached the files requested in the sticky in the zipfile.



These were related to your USB drivers.

USBBUGCODE_INVALID_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS The host controller is using a physical memory address that was not allocated by the USBport driver.


Please read here for generic USB help
. USB Driver - General Fix for Problems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2011   #3
SilenceDK

Windows 7 Premium 32 bit
 
 

I've tried what the links says, will see if it makes any difference.

If not, is there anything I can actually do? There's only a Keyboard, WIFI and the Imon connected via USB, nothing else :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SilenceDK View Post
I've tried what the links says, will see if it makes any difference.

If not, is there anything I can actually do? There's only a Keyboard, WIFI and the Imon connected via USB, nothing else :/

If the generic help doesnt fix it there are other things to try
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2011   #5
SilenceDK

Windows 7 Premium 32 bit
 
 

I've had a crash again - I wasn't home but my wife told me, she didn't however take note of the message.

The dump is attached - If you have anything I can try please tell me, cuz this sucks

*Edit* And another today.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #6
SilenceDK

Windows 7 Premium 32 bit
 
 

Anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SilenceDK View Post
I've had a crash again - I wasn't home but my wife told me, she didn't however take note of the message.

The dump is attached - If you have anything I can try please tell me, cuz this sucks

*Edit* And another today.
The newer dmps still point to USBPORT.SYS

Have you done the generic help?

What attached to the USB externally?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #8
SilenceDK

Windows 7 Premium 32 bit
 
 

Quote:
The newer dmps still point to USBPORT.SYS

Have you done the generic help?

What attached to the USB externally?
Sorry, I should've clarified that.

Yes, I've done the generic help, however still the same problem.

I've only got two things attached atm.:
  • 1xImon Reciver for my Antec Fusion case(So I can control my HTPCwith a remote)
  • 1x Jensen Air:Link 25150 WIFI doogle(Quite sure this can't be the problem, I had the BSOD's even before adding this)

My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #9
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SilenceDK View Post
Quote:
The newer dmps still point to USBPORT.SYS

Have you done the generic help?

What attached to the USB externally?
Sorry, I should've clarified that.

Yes, I've done the generic help, however still the same problem.

I've only got two things attached atm.:
  • 1xImon Reciver for my Antec Fusion case(So I can control my HTPCwith a remote)
  • 1x Jensen Air:Link 25150 WIFI doogle(Quite sure this can't be the problem, I had the BSOD's even before adding this)


If you are still having crashes we could use the DMP's to try and find the culprit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #10
SilenceDK

Windows 7 Premium 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
If you are still having crashes we could use the DMP's to try and find the culprit
I am still having the problem - I've attached the most recent dumps in this reply:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1684712

You said they still point to the same problem? But I've tried the generic help, which didn't work.. so what can we try next?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Different BSOD's - Mediacenter PC - IRQ_NOT_EQUAL, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Bsod bugcode_usb_driver
m facing this problem from last few days of BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER Can anybody help???
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD bugcode_usb_driver
This is pretty much starting to drive me nuts. I just upgraded my machine to W8 a few days ago and it seems to be happening more frequently, although it happened pretty often with W7 too, same BSOD message. Most of the time I am just listening to music in iTunes when it happens. When the computer...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Bugcode_usb_driver
It's been crashing repeatedly at random intervals. I don't know how to interpret the dump files so I come to you guys for help. Any assistance would be fantastic thanks. Dump files are attached.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - “bugcode_usb_driver”
I've been getting random blue screens and I would really appreciate someone's help with determining what is the cause. The times of recent BSOD's were: 10/28/11 around 3:20pm 11/6/11 around 8:40pm 11/7/11 around 12:25pm Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'm worried if I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD bugcode_usb_driver
Hi I have had this a few times on my computer. Please could you help? OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name HOMEPC System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion System...
BSOD Help and Support
Bugcode_USB_Driver BSOD
Been going on a month now, any help appreciated, even if it's just to tell me it's knackered Load of dump files MiniDump.rar
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App