Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help! BSOD using torrent clients (utorrent, Txati)

24 Nov 2011   #21
bafoos

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Hey ZigZag,

Thx for the reply. BEen running without Kaspersky (used kasp. removal tool) and MSE installed 2 days now. Improved stability a liottle an extended time between BSOD. But after that and some driver verifier runs, the stop code changed from 0xd1 to 0xa not quite shure what i did to make the transition. Nearly finished with Back up, win7 cd is ready to format.
I was wondering will this help? What i mean is: I reinstall baseically the same software ( since im not quite sure which driver cause d the problem) and drivers (since all my drivers were basically up to date), how likely is it to get the same BSOD errors again? If revert my system in much the same state, but in systematical manner and without unecessary software, will my system likely be stable?

Thx!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Nov 2011   #22
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bafoos View Post
Hey ZigZag,

Thx for the reply. BEen running without Kaspersky (used kasp. removal tool) and MSE installed 2 days now. Improved stability a liottle an extended time between BSOD. But after that and some driver verifier runs, the stop code changed from 0xd1 to 0xa not quite shure what i did to make the transition. Nearly finished with Back up, win7 cd is ready to format.
I was wondering will this help? What i mean is: I reinstall baseically the same software ( since im not quite sure which driver cause d the problem) and drivers (since all my drivers were basically up to date), how likely is it to get the same BSOD errors again? If revert my system in much the same state, but in systematical manner and without unecessary software, will my system likely be stable?

Thx!
May very well be a repeat but at least you will start with a clean system and if you install the same software you will find out which driver is causing the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2011   #23
bafoos

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

OMG! SAME SHIT!! I cant believe it whats the matter! i just dont get it !
Torrent dls=BSOD 0xd1! PLS can someone have a close look at my dmp file, this system is new and light weight! Only Installed: Win7+SP1(Updated), Chipset Intel p965, Graphics (ATI CCC v11.11), audio(Realtek HD, Lin6 Tonport GX, M-Audio Mobile Pre USB,), Network( MArvel Yukon v11.45), Alcohol 120%, Notepad++, Norton 360, Cisco Anyconnect AND UTORRENT. THats all there is! what could be the problem!!! PLS HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP MEEEE IM Goin crazy , I spent to much time only to end up with the same SHIT!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Nov 2011   #24
bafoos

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Removed Norton 360! seems to work better now! But i had Problems with MSE, KIS, N360! I need an ANtivirus! icant use the internet without one! isnt there a fix to revert my system back to normal? it worked fine for so long!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2011   #25
bafoos

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Ok, so even if i i dont have an antivir programm running i get 0xd1 crashes (even though they take longer to occur)! I simply cant use torrents anymore withou getting BSODs, what the hell is goin on!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2011   #26
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bafoos View Post
Ok, so even if i i dont have an antivir programm running i get 0xd1 crashes (even though they take longer to occur)! I simply cant use torrents anymore withou getting BSODs, what the hell is goin on!

If you are still crashing you may need to do a clean install at some point.

Might want to try a different torrent client, re-installing Java, etc. But in the end I see a repair install or clean install unless you have a backup to restore from prior to the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2011   #27
bafoos

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Hey ZigZag thx for checkin in again, did u check the .dmp file in post #23? posts after #22 were made right after clean install, i deleted windows and reinstalled. Only the most basic stuff was installed b4 using torrent client. and i still got crashes, not matter the internet security software and without any. Not having internet security software prolongued time between crashes though. +I installed alcohol 120% which according to some of your posts is notorious BSOD! So now Im uninstalling everything again and reinstalling. Going to use utorrent with only (chipset, network, graphics and audio drivers) the most basicdrivers.
Im really surprised there is no solution yet, if u google torrent client and BSOD u get a ton of threads and posts in many different forums, some having the issue for a long time. Im surprised torrent client developpers havnt looked into this !!! and checked for options of tweaking or compatibility! dunno what to say this is to mysterious for me. Everythoing worked fine for me(for a long time also), then around win7 SP1 (a month ago for me ) these crashes just started happening! no idea why hadnt really changed anything suddenly BSOD! and from then on.... i dont know what happened. This has to be some Network driver, torrent protocoll compatibility issue. Some network stuff was changed in SP1 maybe, some new default setting? i dont know and it seems that my .dmps dont hold any good inforamtion!

thx for hearing my pain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2011   #28
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bafoos View Post
OMG! SAME SHIT!! I cant believe it whats the matter! i just dont get it !
Torrent dls=BSOD 0xd1! PLS can someone have a close look at my dmp file, this system is new and light weight! Only Installed: Win7+SP1(Updated), Chipset Intel p965, Graphics (ATI CCC v11.11), audio(Realtek HD, Lin6 Tonport GX, M-Audio Mobile Pre USB,), Network( MArvel Yukon v11.45), Alcohol 120%, Notepad++, Norton 360, Cisco Anyconnect AND UTORRENT. THats all there is! what could be the problem!!! PLS HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP MEEEE IM Goin crazy , I spent to much time only to end up with the same SHIT!!!
You keep installing the same things you are going to have the same problems

These are not on a clean install and cause BSOD's.


1-sptd.sys


Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM
(MagicDisc)

in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files

2-Symantec

I do notice Symantec which is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows



3-Jraid.sys (your raid driver) is from 2008 and needs updating.

After all the above we may be able to find the true cause.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #29
bafoos

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Hey ZigZag!
Ok second clean Install! No More problems! Still using Norton 360. No more Alcohol (magiciso instead, but had that on the initial system aswell). Didnt install any raid drivers and didnt Install any Network drivers. Other than that, everythiongs the same but working again. I dont have Crashes using Torrents anymore,(using utorrent again). So im not really sure what did the trick but, I do think Deamon Tools and Alcohol, the spdt.sys driver u mentioned had a part to play,(the main part IMHO) then i think the newest Network drivers were causing problems. So for all of you with Marvel Network cards, try not to get the newest v11.45 instead use the windows one (from 2009). The problem wasnt Norton or Kaspersky, uninstallign them didnt help with the initial system and installing them on fresh system didnt hurt (they did play some role though because disabling or uninstalling them increased timespan between BSODs).
Even if these things were the root of the problem, once installed, uninstalling them ( stpd.sys(DT,Alc), Marvel driver, Norton or kasp, raid, VPN client etc. didnt help. Updating drivers didnt helpw. Uninstalling software didnt help. The only thing that worked was a Clean Install ( and only the second time over)! What do you think ZigZag? if you had to make a top 3 causes for Torrent related BSOD what would it be?
Mine: 1. Network Drivers (roll back or update)
2. Antivir/spyware, Firwalls (norotn,Kaspersky MCafee) (uninstall)
3. sptd.sys (DT, Alc.120) (uninstall)
If nothing of this sort helps Clean install is one secure way to go!

P.S. should i mark the thread as solved? I mean iddint solve the problem really, not sure of the cause or fix(except reinstalling everything)!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #30
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bafoos View Post
Hey ZigZag!
Ok second clean Install! No More problems! Still using Norton 360. No more Alcohol (magiciso instead, but had that on the initial system aswell). Didnt install any raid drivers and didnt Install any Network drivers. Other than that, everythiongs the same but working again. I dont have Crashes using Torrents anymore,(using utorrent again). So im not really sure what did the trick but, I do think Deamon Tools and Alcohol, the spdt.sys driver u mentioned had a part to play,(the main part IMHO) then i think the newest Network drivers were causing problems. So for all of you with Marvel Network cards, try not to get the newest v11.45 instead use the windows one (from 2009). The problem wasnt Norton or Kaspersky, uninstallign them didnt help with the initial system and installing them on fresh system didnt hurt (they did play some role though because disabling or uninstalling them increased timespan between BSODs).
Even if these things were the root of the problem, once installed, uninstalling them ( stpd.sys(DT,Alc), Marvel driver, Norton or kasp, raid, VPN client etc. didnt help. Updating drivers didnt helpw. Uninstalling software didnt help. The only thing that worked was a Clean Install ( and only the second time over)! What do you think ZigZag? if you had to make a top 3 causes for Torrent related BSOD what would it be?
Mine: 1. Network Drivers (roll back or update)
2. Antivir/spyware, Firwalls (norotn,Kaspersky MCafee) (uninstall)
3. sptd.sys (DT, Alc.120) (uninstall)
If nothing of this sort helps Clean install is one secure way to go!

P.S. should i mark the thread as solved? I mean iddint solve the problem really, not sure of the cause or fix(except reinstalling everything)!
Causes vary from system to system. Some of the biggest are
1-Malware. Biggest cuases of BSOD's only, not how well they preform on malware.
Kaspersky, Norton, McAffee, Zone alarm, and avast.

2-Drivers
Sptd.sys, Virtualbus drivers, etc.

3_overclocking. Just dont

Good luck and let us know if you need help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help! BSOD using torrent clients (utorrent, Txati)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD while download Torrent using uTorrent
BSOD while download Torrent using uTorrent Mcafee is also installed in my laptop
BSOD Help and Support
Getting BSOD by downloading a torrent with utorrent
Hello, When I am downloading a torrent, I get a BSOD after 10-20 minutes. I used the DM Log Collector and attached the file in this thread. Thank you in advance for your help. Julien Avaux
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when downloading torrent using utorrent
Hi there, I have a problem when downloading with utorrent. When downloading and doing nothing besides, the computer turns into BSOD certainly. Can someone have a look in my SF file. Thanks in advance!
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while running utorrent/bit torrent.
Hi guys!Recently I installed the new Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to my computer and since then I'm having the same problem.Every time I try to download something via utorrent or bit torrent I get a BSOD with the indication ''driver not less or equal''.I have a TP-LINK Gigabit PCI Network Adapter (Model...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when downloading torrent with utorrent
Hi, My laptop just crashed a few minutes after I started downloading a torrent using utorrent. Below I have pasted the details of the problem report: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while dowloading torrent with utorrent
Hello, I am having a problem when I try to download a torrent using utorrent. Usually 10-30 min after turning on utorrent and starting the downloads i get a BSOD. This is a new computer and everything was working fine. I recently installed utorrent and it was working fine for a while but a few...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App