Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random crashes, corrupt files, & BSOD's

29 Nov 2011   #11
cxw22

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
 
 

I just got a BSOD and checked the minidump folder and there's still nothing there. Can someone please tell me why nothings there, i followed all the directions you gave me.... Maybe its because i have a SSD partitioned for the OS and HDD for everything else?? IDK



But let me give you the details on the BSOD.....

I was streaming music on a website and the mouse began to skip and freeze... then suddenly everything froze and the music turned into a loud buzz and the BSOD popped up.

The error was 0x000000F4 (0x00000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800A0F5B30, OxFFFFFA800A0F5E10, 0xFFFFF80002FE58B0)
Physical memory dump failed with status 0xC00000010



Also, here's the previous thread I started about this problem a couple months ago and it was never solved.. Maybe it can help
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...dump-fail.html


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Nov 2011   #12
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cxw22 View Post
I just got a BSOD and checked the minidump folder and there's still nothing there. Can someone please tell me why nothings there, i followed all the directions you gave me.... Maybe its because i have a SSD partitioned for the OS and HDD for everything else?? IDK



But let me give you the details on the BSOD.....

I was streaming music on a website and the mouse began to skip and freeze... then suddenly everything froze and the music turned into a loud buzz and the BSOD popped up.

The error was 0x000000F4 (0x00000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800A0F5B30, OxFFFFFA800A0F5E10, 0xFFFFF80002FE58B0)
Physical memory dump failed with status 0xC00000010



Also, here's the previous thread I started about this problem a couple months ago and it was never solved.. Maybe it can help
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...dump-fail.html
Some of the reasons a dmp may not be written.

Page file on a different HD than OS, pagefile too small, UAC off, the type of crash may prevent writing to page file.

With only the BCC all we can say is

The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
  1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #13
cxw22

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
 
 

No viruses, systems up to date but guess what............ After the 3rd BSOD in a week, something finally popped up in the Minidump. I'll attach it. PLEASE SOMEONE DIAGNOSE THIS PROBLEM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Nov 2011   #14
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cxw22 View Post
No viruses, systems up to date but guess what............ After the 3rd BSOD in a week, something finally popped up in the Minidump. I'll attach it. PLEASE SOMEONE DIAGNOSE THIS PROBLEM


Several problems


1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).

2-Kaspersky.

I do notice Kaspersky which is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.

http://support.kaspersky.com/downloa...vremover10.zip

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows


3-Related to tbhsd.sys Tunebite High-Speed Dubbing from RapidSolution Software. Yours is 3+ years old and needs to be removed or updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #15
cxw22

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
 
 

Ok thanks for the quick response.

I did step 1 and installed it.... it restarted my system and I checked the date and it's 5/14/2009 so I guess that's good now.

Step 2, I just renewed my kaspersky key so I feel obligated to keep using it but if it continues to give me problems I will remove it. (hopefully what I did already will prevent any more from happening in the future)

And for step 3, I uninstalled Tunebite and manually deleted that file in the drivers folder.

Is that it? Did I do everything correctly?

Also, would a specific version of Kaspersky help these problems? Maybe an older version? I'm running 2012
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #16
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cxw22 View Post
Ok thanks for the quick response.

I did step 1 and installed it.... it restarted my system and I checked the date and it's 5/14/2009 so I guess that's good now.

Step 2, I just renewed my kaspersky key so I feel obligated to keep using it but if it continues to give me problems I will remove it. (hopefully what I did already will prevent any more from happening in the future)

And for step 3, I uninstalled Tunebite and manually deleted that file in the drivers folder.

Is that it? Did I do everything correctly?

Also, would a specific version of Kaspersky help these problems? Maybe an older version? I'm running 2012
1-correct
2-Up to you. You could remove it just to test but that is your call.
3-correct.

The recommendations are in order of importance. asacpi.sys is the major one here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #17
cxw22

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
 
 

Great... Thanks for all the help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #18
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cxw22 View Post
Great... Thanks for all the help
My pleasure and good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #19
cxw22

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
 
 

Another BSOD.... here's the minidump.

Is this another problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #20
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cxw22 View Post
Another BSOD.... here's the minidump.

Is this another problem?
Well asacpi.sys is updated, tunebright is removed, and Kaspersky is still there.

Not much else sticks out.

You can run a system file check but it is a long shot.

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before successful

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random crashes, corrupt files, & BSOD's




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Correcting corrupt files in my W7 64 prof my laptop still crashes
Thanks to Brink I managed to stop getting the corrupt files message after carrying out the sfc /scannow, by installing an upgrade, but the problem is it still happens and I feel it is geting worse (as if some hardware such as the CPU or GPU were not cooling properly), but still trying to make sure...
General Discussion
Random crashes and Bluescreens (Minidump files and whatnot included)
So the title says it all, haven't noticed a pattern and my temps have been around 90-95C when it happens, I'll either get a random shut off with no bluescreen or a bluescreen that does a dump before I'm even able to read any of it. Running windows 7 home premium 64 bit with 4 gigs of RAM. I use...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD & Scannow Corrupt Files
Hello to everyone, I am new here & looking for help with a computer issue. Any help given is greatly appreciated. I'll start from the beginning. For awhile now but only occasionally I am getting BSOD crashes & then the computer restarts. So today I decided to do some detective work & try to find...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs/crashes, corrupted files, problem persists after formats
Hello all! Sorry for writing too much, I'm just trying to include as much detail as I can(in my boring way). I have an extremely annoying problem, and formatting doesn't seem to help: It's something like a cycle, that gets worse and worse until I have to format because the system files are...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD PFN List Corrupt
Over the last week or so i keep getting random BSOD happening for no apparent reason at all. The computer reboots to quickly for me to gather any information. All I've had a chance to read at towards the top was PFN List Corrupt I googled that and it said test your memory so i ran the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App