Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after computer sleeps for a short period of time, 0x00000116

22 Nov 2011   #1
NissanManiac

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
BSOD after computer sleeps for a short period of time, 0x00000116

Hello,

It seems i have narrowed down my issue that I have been dealing with for it seems like months now. Well essentially my system will reboot anytime it sits for an extended period of time (about 15 to 20 Minutes). My computer will go into standby mode. I do have it set for my computer to never sleep but only my screens. I have followed the BSOD instructions and do and those to attach to this post. Here is the additional information regarding this problem...

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? - x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes
- an OEM or full retail version?Full retail version
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Eh, varies video cards about a year old, memory and hardrives are about the same length of time. Chip is fairly new within a few months.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) OS was freshly reinstalled on 11/17/2011.

All drivers for all pieces of hardware in my machine have had the newest drivers updated, including my video cards. I have also done the BIOS update for both of my video cards available from Palit. Oddly enough i can play Starcraft II for hours and no issue with rebooting... only when it sits for an extended period of time as mentioned earlier. Any ideas woul dbe great...

Thank You,
Josh


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Nov 2011   #2
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Hello Nissan & welcome.

Analyses
Most of your dumps are including your Graphic Driver. So to really make a secure uninstall and get rid of the leftover files of the uninstallation from the Control Panel, we'll use some specific tools. The little guide below tells you what to do to uninstall and install your Nvidia-driver.

Tutorial

i) Find your driver here, save it to your desktop
ii) Download Driver sweeper, for the leftover files
iii) Uninstall your driver from the Control Panel
iv) While rebooting, go into safe-mode without internet (tip: plugout your LAN cable or disconnect wireless)
v) Run Driver Sweeper, click all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them all
vii) Head into Windows, without internet
viii) Install the Driver from the desktop

Summary
Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )
Fred.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #3
NissanManiac

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

^^ Just followed the above directions to a T. I will report back if the issue has stopped. Thank You for your help well see how it goes!

Thanks,
Josh
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Nov 2011   #4
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NissanManiac View Post
^^ Just followed the above directions to a T. I will report back if the issue has stopped. Thank You for your help well see how it goes!

Thanks,
Josh
Great Josh!

Fred.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #5
NissanManiac

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NissanManiac View Post
^^ Just followed the above directions to a T. I will report back if the issue has stopped. Thank You for your help well see how it goes!

Thanks,
Josh
Great Josh!

Fred.

Alright... So it looks like you might have solved my issue with the display driver... however... it is still rebooting soo I'm not sure whats going on now.. I will reattach the new dump file and see if maybe you can figure it out. I just took a look at the log and I'm now recieving a different error when it shuts down. The most recent two shut downs were not related to the video card... or atleast I'm not seeing the same problem in the event log.


Thanks again!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #6
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Hey again Josh,
Thanks for returning here!

Analyse
Your two dumps for today caused the Driver Again, try using the version before the one you're using right now.

DirectX
Update your DirectX here.

Does these BSoD only come when you're gaming?

Also make sure cables are tight to the Graphic Card and anywhere else you can find.
Download Speccy and check the temperature on the Graphic Card when your computer has been on for 15-30min (idle).

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800771e4e0, fffff8800fed8ae4, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
We'll fix it that's for sure.
Fred.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #7
NissanManiac

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Hey again Josh,
Thanks for returning here!

Analyse
Your two dumps for today caused the Driver Again, try using the version before the one you're using right now.

DirectX
Update your DirectX here.

Does these BSoD only come when you're gaming?

Also make sure cables are tight to the Graphic Card and anywhere else you can find.
Download Speccy and check the temperature on the Graphic Card when your computer has been on for 15-30min (idle).

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************
 
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
 
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800771e4e0, fffff8800fed8ae4, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
 
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )
 
Followup: MachineOwner
We'll fix it that's for sure.
Fred.

I'm glad your the one helping .. Appreciate the quick responses.. Well the funny thing is I can jump on Starcraft II for a few hours with everything on ultra and a res of 1920x1080 and there are no problems. It seems like I only see the problem when I leave the system Idle for an extended period of time. I have tried the new beta driver as well and the same result ensues... Should i refollow your previous steps for a driver downgrade? Please advise ...

Thanks!
Josh
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #8
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Hey again Josh!

You should definitely not try a BETA-driver, that's for sure. All stuff can happen there, try an older driver, do the same progress for a secure uninstall/install. And lastly, upload any new dump.

Fred.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #9
NissanManiac

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Hey again Josh!

You should definitely not try a BETA-driver, that's for sure. All stuff can happen there, try an older driver, do the same progress for a secure uninstall/install. And lastly, upload any new dump.

Fred.

Alright will do! Will report back with the results!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #10
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NissanManiac View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Hey again Josh!

You should definitely not try a BETA-driver, that's for sure. All stuff can happen there, try an older driver, do the same progress for a secure uninstall/install. And lastly, upload any new dump.

Fred.

Alright will do! Will report back with the results!!
Awesome Josh!

Fred.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after computer sleeps for a short period of time, 0x00000116




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Several BSODs within short period of time
Hello. I encountered several BSODs within days of each other. I don't play games or download anything on my PC. I just use it for surfing the net and general usage (mostly Office). I also technically faced a blue screen just 2 days ago. I clicked on a folder and suddenly my monitor flickered and...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer hangs for a short period and then resumes
I have been having this problem for about a year now where my computer hangs for a few seconds and then resumes. During the 'freeze', I can still move my mouse, but programs stall or won't open until the freeze is 'over'. If there is a media player playing, it'll freeze and loop the audio or just...
General Discussion
BSOD while playing any game for long/short period, STOP 0xA0000001
Anyway, this is a brand new APU build. I've only had the computer for a few days now, anytime I try and play Dayz for example after a good amount of time it will just BSOD on me, after a restart and lets say you try and launch the game again, it will BSOD during the loading process. If you try and...
BSOD Help and Support
PC freezing after short period
The last 2 days i have noticed that after around 30mins or so i can no longer open files/internet/pics etc Nothing can be opened but window tabs can be minimized and have full use of mouse and keyboard. I cant open task manage when this happens and only a restart works. This can only be done...
General Discussion
Random BSOD when computer is left idling for prolong period of time
I keep randomly having BSOD on WIN 7 x64 when i left it on for long periods of time without using it. Sometimes though rarely, the whole OS will not respond to anything while i'm using and i have little choice but to use the reboot button. I have no idea what causes this issue. This has been...
BSOD Help and Support
NIC slows its speed down after short period of time.
I have a home server running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a PC with an Asus P5N-D motherboard. (nVidia 750i SLI chipset, nForce 10/100/1000 NIC) We have around 10TB of hard drives connected to it and all are in RAID 1. (two 2TB+2TB arrays with Seagate Green drives and one 1TB+1TB array with Seagate...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App