Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Did my Xbox 360 PC Controller cause this bsod?


25 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Did my Xbox 360 PC Controller cause this bsod?

Hey guys, im no expert in viewing dump files so if anyone can analyse this dump file I have from when I got the bsod and tell me what caused it, i will be very grateful

112511-16317-01.rar

It happened as I loaded Crysis 2, I inserted my pc xbox controller and a few seconds later I got a BSOD.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DaCheese View Post
Hey guys, im no expert in viewing dump files so if anyone can analyse this dump file I have from when I got the bsod and tell me what caused it, i will be very grateful

112511-16317-01.rar

It happened as I loaded Crysis 2, I inserted my pc xbox controller and a few seconds later I got a BSOD.
This was Related to avfwot.sys TDI filtering kernel driver from Avira GmbH. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Avira AntiVir Removal Tool - Download

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DaCheese View Post
Hey guys, im no expert in viewing dump files so if anyone can analyse this dump file I have from when I got the bsod and tell me what caused it, i will be very grateful

112511-16317-01.rar

It happened as I loaded Crysis 2, I inserted my pc xbox controller and a few seconds later I got a BSOD.
This was Related to avfwot.sys TDI filtering kernel driver from Avira GmbH. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Avira AntiVir Removal Tool - Download

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
thanks for your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Nov 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DaCheese View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DaCheese View Post
Hey guys, im no expert in viewing dump files so if anyone can analyse this dump file I have from when I got the bsod and tell me what caused it, i will be very grateful

112511-16317-01.rar

It happened as I loaded Crysis 2, I inserted my pc xbox controller and a few seconds later I got a BSOD.
This was Related to avfwot.sys TDI filtering kernel driver from Avira GmbH. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Avira AntiVir Removal Tool - Download

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
thanks for your help

My pleasure and good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Did my Xbox 360 PC Controller cause this bsod?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Did my Xbox 360 PC Controller cause this bsod?
Thread Forum
BSOD When Booting After Installing Xbox 360 Wired Controller Drivers BSOD Help and Support
BSOD trying to use Xbox 360 Wired Controller (Win 7 HP x64) BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD when plugging in wired xbox 360 controller -x64 BSOD Help and Support
xbox controller BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Solved Xbox 360 controller wired BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Xbox 360 Madcatz Controller ? BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD Crash With XBOX Controller BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33