Quote: Originally Posted by raemen
Windows 7 Enterprise
-age of system: 1 month old(still new)
-age of OS: 1 month old
So I keep having this problem but I don't know what is causing it. I have seen the dump files created but I can't read them. Is it my driver
(s)? Program(s)? It crashes at random times(games, movies, internet). I would be very happy if someone helped me.
1-Your Kaspersky is being blamed for this crash. Remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials
I do notice Kaspersky which is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test. http://support.kaspersky.com/downloa...vremover10.zip Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.
They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.
Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ
when you're done you can use this Freeware:
MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM
in its place Using MagicISO to create ISO image files
RTCore32.sys 5/25/2005 1:39:05 AM 0xac3d3000 0xac3d4200 0x00001200 0x42941d89
mdmxsdk.sys 6/19/2006 4:26:59 PM 0xabbfb000 0xabbfe180 0x00003180 0x449716a3
HSF_CNXT.sys 8/29/2006 4:10:51 PM 0x9a12c000 0x9a1dde00 0x000b1e00 0x44f4ad5b
HSFHWBS2.sys 8/29/2006 4:11:09 PM 0x92d6b000 0x92da9880 0x0003e880 0x44f4ad6d
HSF_DPV.sys 8/29/2006 4:12:19 PM 0x9a03a000 0x9a12bd80 0x000f1d80 0x44f4adb3
SiLib.sys 2/6/2007 6:09:13 PM 0x9d579000 0x9d584000 0x0000b000 0x45c90a99
SiUSBXp.sys 2/6/2007 6:12:17 PM 0x9d56f000 0x9d579000 0x0000a000 0x45c90b51
ssmdrv.sys 5/5/2009 5:05:18 AM 0x92720000 0x92725a00 0x00005a00 0x4a000f5e
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads