Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD mostly while playing BF3 but also random.

27 Nov 2011   #1
Strict

Windows 7 Professional 64 SP1
 
 
BSOD mostly while playing BF3 but also random.

Hi there, new user on this forum, with a few really annoying problems.

My computer gets BSOD's whenever I play BF3 but also sometimes 2-12 hours after I play. After using "Bluescreen View" I know that it's always the same crash adress for the BSOD's and I have no idea how to fix it =(


Specs;

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64
Didn't get it as OEM but it might be since a firm installed it for me after I got the computer.

Computer is about 1-2 months old and I haven't formatted or reinstalled Windows on it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Nov 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Strict View Post
Hi there, new user on this forum, with a few really annoying problems.

My computer gets BSOD's whenever I play BF3 but also sometimes 2-12 hours after I play. After using "Bluescreen View" I know that it's always the same crash adress for the BSOD's and I have no idea how to fix it =(


Specs;

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64
Didn't get it as OEM but it might be since a firm installed it for me after I got the computer.

Computer is about 1-2 months old and I haven't formatted or reinstalled Windows on it.

Driver verified and Related to RTCore64.sys MSI Afterburner from Micro-Star Int'l Co. Ltd. I would remove it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #3
Strict

Windows 7 Professional 64 SP1
 
 

Well I installed that program cause I thought it might have been the heat inside the comp that caused the BSOD's (it only started after I installed BF3 like I said and to play BF3 I had to remove ASUS Game Doctor and "ASUS OSD" or something like that)

But yeah I noticed that Afterburner caused 1 of the about 20 crashes but I assumed that it was only a symptom of a bigger problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Strict View Post
Well I installed that program cause I thought it might have been the heat inside the comp that caused the BSOD's (it only started after I installed BF3 like I said and to play BF3 I had to remove ASUS Game Doctor and "ASUS OSD" or something like that)

But yeah I noticed that Afterburner caused 1 of the about 20 crashes but I assumed that it was only a symptom of a bigger problem.
Yours is from 2005, so it doesnt know how to work in win 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #5
Strict

Windows 7 Professional 64 SP1
 
 

What the....I installed the one they said was the latest, will have to check that again then =p

But I also installed Afterburner after all the crashes so I know it can't be the main culprit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Strict View Post
What the....I installed the one they said was the latest, will have to check that again then =p

But I also installed Afterburner after all the crashes so I know it can't be the main culprit.
It may not be the cause of all of them, but we need to fix these one at a time. See snip for the date.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #7
Strict

Windows 7 Professional 64 SP1
 
 

Yeah I updated MSI Afterburner after your post, so thanks for that =)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #8
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Strict View Post
Yeah I updated MSI Afterburner after your post, so thanks for that =)
Let us know if you need help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2011   #9
Strict

Windows 7 Professional 64 SP1
 
 

Ok I didn't have any bluescreens at all for a while now but then yesterday and today I've had once each so far =/

Gonna add the new ones here if anyone's got the time to check it =)

Thanks in advance guys and thanks again for the help before !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD mostly while playing BF3 but also random.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
random BSOD when playing some games
i just bought a new PC 6 month ago nothing wrong with this until 4 days ago this BSOD suddenly showed up and restarting my computer can anyone help me ty
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD while playing WOW
Randomly had a BSOD while playing world of warcraft. Have not had this ever. Specs are: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit i7 2600 GTX 560ti 16gb ram BCCode: 117 BCP1: FFFFFA80128684E0 BCP2: FFFFF8800F58BA88
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD when playing games, persistant BSOD with Starcraft 2
Short version: My PC is getting a BSOD at random times when full screen gaming. The BSOD screen says the video card times out. Long Version: I have a gaming PC that a friend generously gave me when he built a new one. It's worked great, but in November the Tagan ITZ 700 watt power supply...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD playing WoW
Hi all, I read the instructions and will attach my dump files and report as a zip file. I build my system myself, but the last few weeks i keep getting BSOD. AMD quad core Asus motherboard 8 gb Geil memory Asus GPU
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, Random with different errors and usually when playing MW3
Hi Guys, I recently built a new PC and I've been having a few issues. I think it's the RAM, but I'm not sure. The first time I booted it up, it only had the ram, HDD, DVD Rom and Motherboard hooked up, but as soon as I got into the Windows 7 Installer I got the dreaded blue screen of death. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD while playing WOW
Hello, My system had BSOD in the past but I managed to fixed it by dusting out the computer. Since then it has been running pretty smoothly with no problem. BSOD came back several days ago and I have no idea what is causing it. This usually happen when I'm playing WOW but also when I'm sleeping,...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App