Quote: Originally Posted by Gambo187
I have been getting BSODs on occasion. When recently playing a beta of a MMORPG I recieved three within 20 minutes of playing the game. They are I believe, bad pool header errors.
I am running a custom built older PC with Windows 7 Pro-64bit
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS
I ran a memory check and nothing showed and I believe my drivers
are all up to date. In Device Manager I have two unknown devices on PCI standard ISA bridges and and a creative game port on PCI bus 4, device 8, function 1 showing errors.
Here is the most recent the mini-dump files. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Several issues 1-ASACPI.SYS
The pre 2009 version of this driver
is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).
SiWinAcc.sys 11/1/2004 2:23:29 PM fffff880`010fc000 fffff880`01106000 0x0000a000 0x41868d31
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 9:30:36 PM fffff880`0fde5000 fffff880`0fded000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c
SiRemFil.sys 10/18/2006 5:20:39 PM fffff880`018f1000 fffff880`018f9000 0x00008000 0x4536a8b7
Si3132r5.sys 6/1/2007 12:08:28 PM fffff880`0100d000 fffff880`01062000 0x00055000 0x4660528c
nvm62x64.sys 10/17/2008 4:01:06 PM fffff880`03b3a000 fffff880`03b9dd80 0x00063d80 0x48f8fd12
RTKVAC64.SYS 6/18/2009 2:37:20 PM fffff880`04883000 fffff880`04bd5d00 0x00352d00 0x4a3a9770
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads