Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD while playing games or streaming

28 Nov 2011   #1
TheDomSong

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
BSOD while playing games or streaming

I recently built a new computer and have had nothing but issues since. The STOP/BSOD errors began from the beginning. I was able to fix several of the errors but I'm still getting one error that I just can't seem to solve.

The STOP/BSOD error ususally occurs while playing games such as WoW, SWTOR, Dead Island and even Minecraft. They sometimes occur while streaming on YouTube as well.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
-Fresh install
-OEM

I've attached my latest BSOD info.

-Dom


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Nov 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheDomSong View Post
I recently built a new computer and have had nothing but issues since. The STOP/BSOD errors began from the beginning. I was able to fix several of the errors but I'm still getting one error that I just can't seem to solve.

The STOP/BSOD error ususally occurs while playing games such as WoW, SWTOR, Dead Island and even Minecraft. They sometimes occur while streaming on YouTube as well.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
-Fresh install
-OEM

I've attached my latest BSOD info.

-Dom



No DMP files included in upload please try this method


We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
Quote:
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #3
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheDomSong View Post
I recently built a new computer and have had nothing but issues since. The STOP/BSOD errors began from the beginning. I was able to fix several of the errors but I'm still getting one error that I just can't seem to solve.

The STOP/BSOD error ususally occurs while playing games such as WoW, SWTOR, Dead Island and even Minecraft. They sometimes occur while streaming on YouTube as well.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
-Fresh install
-OEM

I've attached my latest BSOD info.

-Dom

The folder attached is empty. Please try to follow the instructions again to upload your dmp files. Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2011   #4
TheDomSong

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Sorry about that! I didn't realize I had clicked on the wrong one.

I did what was advised to make the small minidump so when it happens again I'll make sure to repost. In the meantime I edited my original post and attached the correct file.. I hope.

A few minutes ago I had my first ever STOP 0x50 which from my research points to a bad RAM stick (even though after several memtests I had no fails), so I'm going to take one out and see if it continues to happen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #5
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

This appears to be memory corruption, which is likely due to a driver, but could be RAM related as you said. Follow the steps zigzag3143 outlines in post #4 of http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1677725 to determine whether it is a bad module, bad slot, or a bad driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheDomSong View Post
Sorry about that! I didn't realize I had clicked on the wrong one.

I did what was advised to make the small minidump so when it happens again I'll make sure to repost. In the meantime I edited my original post and attached the correct file.. I hope.

A few minutes ago I had my first ever STOP 0x50 which from my research points to a bad RAM stick (even though after several memtests I had no fails), so I'm going to take one out and see if it continues to happen.
The driver verified crashes were Related to Mo3Fltr.sys WinDDK from Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.

Though you have installed SP-1 the date on that driver is 2008, well before win 7 was introduced. I am not sure if you even need it, or if it is a carry over from a prior OS>

I would rename it so it cant load just to test, or upgrade it to win 7 specs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #7
TheDomSong

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

The driver verified crashes were Related to Mo3Fltr.sys WinDDK from Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.

Though you have installed SP-1 the date on that driver is 2008, well before win 7 was introduced. I am not sure if you even need it, or if it is a carry over from a prior OS>

I would rename it so it cant load just to test, or upgrade it to win 7 specs.
I could not find the file for SP1 on my computer so I did some research and found that since SP1 came with my installation of Windows 7 that I cannot remove/rename it. I tried d/ling a fresh copy of SP1 and installing it, hoping it would overwrite what I have but it wont.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

I'm really hoping it's just a RAM stick issue and not a MB RAM slot issue or something else that requires me to RMA my MB.. that would be very inconvenient.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #8
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheDomSong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

The driver verified crashes were Related to Mo3Fltr.sys WinDDK from Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.

Though you have installed SP-1 the date on that driver is 2008, well before win 7 was introduced. I am not sure if you even need it, or if it is a carry over from a prior OS>

I would rename it so it cant load just to test, or upgrade it to win 7 specs.
I could not find the file for SP1 on my computer so I did some research and found that since SP1 came with my installation of Windows 7 that I cannot remove/rename it. I tried d/ling a fresh copy of SP1 and installing it, hoping it would overwrite what I have but it wont.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

I'm really hoping it's just a RAM stick issue and not a MB RAM slot issue or something else that requires me to RMA my MB.. that would be very inconvenient.
Have you disabled Mo3Fltr.sys as suggested by zigzag3143? Does the problem still persist after doing so?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #9
TheDomSong

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

It seems that Mo3Fltr.sys WinDDK is referencing my MMO Mouse.. I installed the driver directly from the website after I installed and updated my Windows 7. Everything that I can find says that it's compatible with Win7 64bit so I'm not sure why I'd have a problem.

I don't have another mouse as my last one crapped out, which is why I got the one I currently have. I could go to the store once the weather clears up and buy a standard mouse and see if uninstalling my MMO Mouse drivers fixes the issue.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but even though I have the drivers for my MMO Mouse and Logitech G15 keyboard installed when I got to Device Manager both are listed as HID-Compliant, not as their respective models. I've never seen that before on any of the computers I built. It could be standard for this MB though I suppose.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #10
TheDomSong

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Here's the latest 2 BSOD MiniDump files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD while playing games or streaming




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Playing high demand Games or Watching/streaming videos online
Hi, so for the last few months Ive gotten a worse and worse BSOD. I noticed it first in the flight simulator when I would zoom when looking out the canopy and I would see distant enemy fighters and then I would get BSOD just as i saw them. Then Flying my RC simulator I get BCOD very quick. Now it...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD After Video Streaming and Playing Games
Hi, everyone. Just when I thought my BSOD issues from last year were solved, they've seemed to pop up again. This time, I'm mainly experiencing issues with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and ntoskrnl.exe. I'm hoping that it's a software error like a driver rather than a hardware one. These BSODs mainly...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing games/streaming netflix multiple error codes
Hi all, I built my first computer about six months ago. After first completing it it never really crashed. Now, I get BSOD regularly when playing games (Civ 5, DOTA 2, Shogun 2) or when streaming netflix, just talking on skype. Here's just one of the error codes and dump files. This is a new...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Randomly when playing games/streaming
I've been getting random BSOD crashes and frankly their quite annoying! I have done a fresh install with hopes of it possibly being a driver error but I believe it may be an hardware issue as I just had another BSOD while playing a game. On a side note this is usually when I get the BSOD either...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when streaming videos and playing games
0x0000007F (8,80050031,6F8,FFFFF80002CD1BD0) I have done some troubleshooting but cannot get it fixed. I recently installed Zone Alarm Extreme Security. I know it is a Double Fault error. I have attached a zipped folder with my last five minidumps Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and no...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App