Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD multiple times per day

01 Dec 2011   #1
blacky35

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
BSOD multiple times per day

My custom built machine is about 9 months old. For the last 3 months or so it has been crashing multiple times per day (usually 1-2 per day). It doesn't usually crash for atleast 3-4 hours after the reboot. I can't find any thing to make it crash on demand and don't notice myself doing the same time each time it crashes. It seems pretty random.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. It is the full retail version and was the first OS installed on this hard drive.

I have attached the results of the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app and the system health alert.

Please let me know if you require additional information. Thanks!



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Dec 2011   #2
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Hi.

Never dont use more than one system security in the same pc!

Remove Norton\symantec.

Remove PC Tools Security.

Remove LavasoftAd-Aware.

I dont know if i missed anything

Remove all antivirus and security suites.

They mess up your system.

Download,install and use only Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall.


Dont
install anything else for the moment!!


Finish
with these steps and post back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #3
blacky35

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

The Norton Symantec is required by corporate policy. I have uninstalled the others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Dec 2011   #4
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Though norton Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 firewall involve in your crashes\bsod.

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 firewall is the main source of your bsods.(The software\driver is old from 13-May-09)

If you must keep norton,dont install anything else,keep only norton and atleast update it.

http://www.symantec.com/support/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #5
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

I also noticed that you did not have Service Pack 1 installed as of your upload. Are you able to download and install Windows updates?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #6
blacky35

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Though norton Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 firewall involve in your crashes\bsod.

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 firewall is the main source of your bsods.(The software\driver is old from 13-May-09)

If you must keep norton,dont install anything else,keep only norton and atleast update it.

Antivirus Programs - Spyware Software | Symantec Support
Are you suggesting that if I removed Norton I would not longer get the BSOD?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
I also noticed that you did not have Service Pack 1 installed as of your upload. Are you able to download and install Windows updates?
Wow, I thought these updates were running automatically. I will install everything available. Could this be the reason for the BSOD?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #7
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blacky35 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Though norton Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 firewall involve in your crashes\bsod.

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 firewall is the main source of your bsods.(The software\driver is old from 13-May-09)

If you must keep norton,dont install anything else,keep only norton and atleast update it.

Antivirus Programs - Spyware Software | Symantec Support
Are you suggesting that if I removed Norton I would not longer get the BSOD?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
I also noticed that you did not have Service Pack 1 installed as of your upload. Are you able to download and install Windows updates?
Wow, I thought these updates were running automatically. I will install everything available. Could this be the reason for the BSOD?
The reason for the BSOD is likely the age of the firewall driver for Norton. You should worry about updating Norton before Windows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2011   #8
blacky35

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Hi -

I have contacted Symantec support and they have went through my dump files and replied back stating "there is no trace of SEP driver causing the issue". Could you please explain why you think the Norton firewall driver is the culprit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2011   #9
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blacky35 View Post
Hi -

I have contacted Symantec support and they have went through my dump files and replied back stating "there is no trace of SEP driver causing the issue". Could you please explain why you think the Norton firewall driver is the culprit?

Related to teefer2.sys Symantec CMC Firewall Teefer2.

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\teefer2.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for teefer2.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for teefer2.sys
Probably caused by : teefer2.sys ( teefer2+72e6 )


From the most recent crash DMP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2012   #10
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Did updating Norton resolve your problems?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD multiple times per day




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
bsod multiple times per day;
Computer has bsod mutiple times per day now; it used to just become unresponsive with a black screen when left on overnight and i had to reboot. NOw, while working, its giving me bsod. greately appreciate any help from the members. thankyou
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Multiple types multiple times a day, can't pin down the problem
Hello everyone, I came here once before for assistance, but the issue was unable to be resolved. Here is the link to the previous thread. http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/342840-several-bsod-no-singular-triggers.html There is no singular trigger to set this off. Sometimes I can...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD multiple times during day
Hello, I am getting BSOD multiple times during a day for last 2 weeks, especially when i start my pc. I was using Windows 8.1 x64 when this problem started. Today I did format my drive and installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64. BSOD is still happening. I converted my dumpfile to logfile using this...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Multiple times multiple errors 0x0000001A
Last week I started receiving BSODs, and after the first one it got to the point where my computer was not booting up and my hard drive was beeping very angrily at me. I was not sure what all the problems were, however I also knew that there was something seriously wrong with my hard drive, so I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD errors. multiple times during multiple programs
windows 7 x64 - original install on system but i don't have my disks. they are somewhere... - full retail version installed - age of the system is approximately 3 years - age of the install is approximately 2 years it seems to happen at random but i get BSODs. approximately 2-3 times a day...
BSOD Help and Support
Multiple BSOD at Random Times with Multiple Drivers Identified
I am trying to get my wife's new computer up and running without any BSOD or program failures. Note that the system was not initially set up to capture the dmp files so all the earliest ones are missing. I presented the initial problems to the original seller who recommended sticking with MSE and...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App