Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD When Shut Down Computer

04 Dec 2011   #1
Pote2639

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD When Shut Down Computer

Hi


I alway got BSOD 0x0000001e since November and it bugged me every time

My system is windows 7 ultimate x64 and it was installed at 2 month ago


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Dec 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pote2639 View Post
Hi


I alway got BSOD 0x0000001e since November and it bugged me every time

My system is windows 7 ultimate x64 and it was installed at 2 month ago

Two issues


1-These were blamed on NETIO.SYS which usually means your malware application.

I notice your avast which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your Avast with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST


http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows



2-ASACPI.SYS (2005)



ASACPI.SYS
Quote:
The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2011   #3
Pote2639

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

2-ASACPI.SYS (2005)


ASACPI.SYS
Quote:
The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).
[/QUOTE]


forgot to tell.....I use P7P55 LX not P7P55 LE so I am not sure driver will work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Dec 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pote2639 View Post
2-ASACPI.SYS (2005)


ASACPI.SYS
Quote:
The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).

forgot to tell.....I use P7P55 LX not P7P55 LE so I am not sure driver will work?[/QUOTE]

I believe they all use the same. If it is not the correct one it probably wont install. As usual (just in case) I would have a back up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2011   #5
Pote2639

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pote2639 View Post
2-ASACPI.SYS (2005)


ASACPI.SYS
Quote:
The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).

forgot to tell.....I use P7P55 LX not P7P55 LE so I am not sure driver will work?
I believe they all use the same. If it is not the correct one it probably wont install. As usual (just in case) I would have a back up.[/QUOTE]


THANK YOU VERY MUCH now I can shutdown without worry but I should see about 2-3 day maybe BSOD come back again

PS. After I uninstall avast. Do I need a new antivirus or can reinstall avast or continue use microsoft security essentials?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD When Shut Down Computer




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on computer shut down
as the title says and it has occured twice now
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when trying to shut down the computer
Windows 7 64bit ultimate. Bought it at University Book Store. (Full retail) Upgrade version, but has legit cd key. Recently reinstalled the os once more yesterday. Fairly new hardware (Couple of months) Custom built. As i'm typing this up, random applications are crashing on me. For...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when computer is left on too long, or when trying to shut down
BSOD appears with the comment "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Win 7 Home Premium x64 (pre-installed) New HPdv6-6c40us purchased in March. This is a new computer, it shouldn't be having any issues? Re: Attachments, I have included the Windows NT6 BSOD jcgriff2 folder as noted in the BSOD...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD, shut down computer and can't get to users
So I was using my computer yesterday. Then, completely randomly, I got a BSOD. (I am a noob regarding this stuff so bare with me) It then said things like crash dump or dumping physical memory. Then my computer shut off. So then I turned the computer back on, and I got the option to start up...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD's after computer was accidentally shut off
Hey all, hope I can get some help here. I accidentally bumped my light switch in my apartment, (it controls all the electricity on that wall) and it shut off my computer. After turning it back on I've been getting constant BSOD's and I have no idea how to fix it. I've gotten about 7 of them in...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when I shut down my computer
I get this problem everytime I shutdown my computer and I'm not sure why. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 76 BCP1: 0000000000000000
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App