Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Different BSOD Every time.

05 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 64
 
 
Different BSOD Every time.

Hello every one,


I recently purchased, CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M4A1600C9B. After installing all 16gb my computer started to BSOD when ever it felt like doing so...

Before the 16b I had Corsair 1333Mz 4Gb 9-9-9-24 1.50v TW3X4G1333C9A

I have added the pictures of each BSOD. Each time I was doing something different..... One time I was playing WoW, Another playing HoN and one time just on my desktop rearranging my desktop items. Any information needed I will give to fix this problem. I have ran the windows memory diagnostic tool and it came up with nothing wrong. So if you can help me in any way Please feel free to help me


Thanks,


Sinotek

PS sorry for just noticing the pictures arnt rotated


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Dec 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Nice pics but:
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
Quote:
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 64
 
 

Alright ill repost when I Crash again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Dec 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sinotek View Post
Alright ill repost when I Crash again
They should be there now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 64
 
 

It didnt work :/ It didnt save the BSOD information in the folder after doing what you said.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sinotek View Post
It didnt work :/ It didnt save the BSOD information in the folder after doing what you said.
A few of the reasons why it doesnt write DMP's are no page file, a page file that is smaller than the amount of ram, UAC turned off, a page file on a different HD than the OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sinotek View Post
It didnt work :/ It didnt save the BSOD information in the folder after doing what you said.
A few of the reasons why it doesnt write DMP's are no page file, a page file that is smaller than the amount of ram, UAC turned off, a page file on a different HD than the OS.
No idea what you mean :/ Can you break that down to a computer illiterate person.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sinotek View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sinotek View Post
It didnt work :/ It didnt save the BSOD information in the folder after doing what you said.
A few of the reasons why it doesnt write DMP's are no page file, a page file that is smaller than the amount of ram, UAC turned off, a page file on a different HD than the OS.
No idea what you mean :/ Can you break that down to a computer illiterate person.
Here is how the DMP file is created. When your computer crashes the sequence of events is saved in memory and then written to your page file for storage. When you reboot from the crash it is read from the page file and written to a file in C:\windows\minidump. It is usually named the time and date it occured and its extension is dmp.

A file created just now would be something like 1206111142354.dmp.


If you dont have a page file or if it is located in a different place the memory cant write to it and no DMP file is created.


You need to look in you system control panel and make sure it is configured as indicated below.




To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2011   #9

Windows 7 64
 
 

Well I have done what your Box says but it is not saving. I have done it exactly how you have it there and restarted. Not working :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2011   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sinotek View Post
Well I have done what your Box says but it is not saving. I have done it exactly how you have it there and restarted. Not working :/


Im sorry I dont understand what you said. Please describe more fully
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Different BSOD Every time.





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33