|06 Dec 2011||#1|
| || |
BSOD at random times.
My cousin just called me, and he is away at college. So I am trying to solve his BSOD issue. He says it's rather random, sometimes while using word, other times in CAD.
Just trying to help him resolve this:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Files that help describe the problem:
|My System Specs|
|07 Dec 2011||#2|
| || |
* Pass this message on to your cousin...
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD at random times.|
|BSOD doing random things (Google Chrome, minecraft, random times)||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times,||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD at random times, 2 times/day in the last 4 days||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD at random times, other times just lock up||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random BSOD during Random times, error 0x8000000000000002||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random BSOD errors happening at random times||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.