Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD while playing World of Warcraft, 0x0000124


10 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit
 
 
BSOD while playing World of Warcraft, 0x0000124

i notice 2 days ago that my PC was begin to freeze while using it. makes no difference what i do. it freezes for 2-3 seconds.

just now i was playing World of Warcraft, while that my computer did a BSOD, and pop-up with an error 0x0000124. so far what i have read on this forum ( great forum btw. just notice it now ) i could read that it is Hardware related issue.

my spec are:

MB: Asus ROG Maximus Extreme IV
Memory: OCZ Platinum 2GB. ( dont know the product number ) can find it.
GFX: Asus ROG Matrix GTX580 OC'ed to 900Mhz
CPU: Intel i7 - 2600k - OC'ed from 3800Mhz to 4400Mhz ( auto tunning with Asus suite )
SSD: OCZ RevoDrive PCI-Express SSD - OCZ ( OS intalled on this )
SSD: for games and crap Corsair SSD Performance Series PRO

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64-bit
- the original installed OS on the system? yes
- an OEM or full retail version? it is brought as an OEM version, at a retailer.


- What is the age of system (hardware)? under 1 year for all of it.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) about a month ago i did a /format C: and re installed my OS. when i got my other SSD and new GFX.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
i notice 2 days ago that my PC was begin to freeze while using it. makes no difference what i do. it freezes for 2-3 seconds.

just now i was playing World of Warcraft, while that my computer did a BSOD, and pop-up with an error 0x0000124. so far what i have read on this forum ( great forum btw. just notice it now ) i could read that it is Hardware related issue.

my spec are:

MB: Asus ROG Maximus Extreme IV
Memory: OCZ Platinum 2GB. ( dont know the product number ) can find it.
GFX: Asus ROG Matrix GTX580 OC'ed to 900Mhz
CPU: Intel i7 - 2600k - OC'ed from 3800Mhz to 4400Mhz ( auto tunning with Asus suite )
SSD: OCZ RevoDrive PCI-Express SSD - OCZ ( OS intalled on this )
SSD: for games and crap Corsair SSD Performance Series PRO

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64-bit
- the original installed OS on the system? yes
- an OEM or full retail version? it is brought as an OEM version, at a retailer.


- What is the age of system (hardware)? under 1 year for all of it.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) about a month ago i did a /format C: and re installed my OS. when i got my other SSD and new GFX.

This DMP is corrupt and contains no useable information. Have to wait for the next
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit
 
 

This DMP is corrupt and contains no useable information. Have to wait for the next

What you mean ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Dec 2011   #4

Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit
 
 

arg i made a mistake.

i had had my file uploaded into the folder.

i have now made a new. hope thats works
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
arg i made a mistake.

i had had my file uploaded into the folder.

i have now made a new. hope thats works

No DMP files included in upload please try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2011   #6

Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit
 
 

Minidumps folder wasn't activated on my computer. which i have enabled now and then i just need to wait for the next BSOD.

because atm it only freezes for 2-3 seconds.. but i will return if it does it again.

i was worried that is was my MEMORY or my HDD / SSD. i have run some additional programs to clear out spyware / ad-ware. and i have run SFC /Scannow and chkdsk on all my drives.

i had been running a MEMTEST, to see if it was related to my MEMORY. but after 7 hours of test they were still fine.

so atm i am not so sure what it could be. i have thought that i might just could format C: and re install Windows 7.
but then again, that does not help me to what could cause this weird error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit
 
 

i was reading another topic in here and found out that i could run the verifier.exe

and i got a BSOD. i have added my file...

hope this can help me out.

after i uploaded the file i have now brought and run the hardware helper, which found 45 critical errors on my drivers.. i have now updated em all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2011   #8

Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit
 
 

well today i got my 2nd BSOD, and i have uploaded my 2 dmp files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2011   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
well today i got my 2nd BSOD, and i have uploaded my 2 dmp files.


Two issues

1-Silicon Image driver (yours from 2004) needs to be removed at least to test.(SiRemFil.sys)


2-A known cause of BSOD's remove dtsoftbus01.sys Virtual Bus Driver from DT Soft Ltd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2011   #10

Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit
 
 

ok, now i have removed the Daemontools from my PC all files.

the Silicon Image driver is my SSD in my PCI-E port. which i have installed my OS on that drive.

do i need ro just remove the file or the hardware ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD while playing World of Warcraft, 0x0000124




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD while playing World of Warcraft, 0x0000124
Thread Forum
BSOD playing World of Warcraft BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing World of Warcraft BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while playing World of Warcraft BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD playing World of Warcraft BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing World of Warcraft BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after playing World of Warcraft BSOD Help and Support
BSOD When Only Playing World Of Warcraft BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33