Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BDOD, stop: c0000221 \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll


13 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
BDOD, stop: c0000221 \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

Hi all, yesterday on startup my pc BSOD'd, I wasn't quick enough to get the error codes, I tried rebooting a few times but no lock, I tried to boot in to safe mode but still BSOD'd, now I do not even have the option to start in safe mode, only start windows normally or launch recovery, the recovery console also BSOD's.
I thought put in the win 7 disk that'll sort it, no luck, it says loading files for a few minutes the i get a blue screen with the error;
stop: c0000221 \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
Have done a bit of googling and I have found everything from just a corrupt file to HDD is failing.
The only recent change to the system was the installation of filezilla FTP.

Any thoughts on what it could be or what I should do would be most appreciated.

Is there a way for me to get the crash report without loading windows?

Thanks,

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Dec 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DxxS View Post
Hi all, yesterday on startup my pc BSOD'd, I wasn't quick enough to get the error codes, I tried rebooting a few times but no lock, I tried to boot in to safe mode but still BSOD'd, now I do not even have the option to start in safe mode, only start windows normally or launch recovery, the recovery console also BSOD's.
I thought put in the win 7 disk that'll sort it, no luck, it says loading files for a few minutes the i get a blue screen with the error;
stop: c0000221 \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
Have done a bit of googling and I have found everything from just a corrupt file to HDD is failing.
The only recent change to the system was the installation of filezilla FTP.

Any thoughts on what it could be or what I should do would be most appreciated.

Is there a way for me to get the crash report without loading windows?

Thanks,
You dont have to do a clean install but you will have to do a repair install. Do you have the win 7 dvd?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

I do have the disk, when i put it i it says loading files for a while then bsod's with the ntdll.dll error, my disk is a little dirty, will try making a copy and trying that, will also try another dvd drive as mine sometimes plays up annd will report back.

Thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Dec 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DxxS View Post
I do have the disk, when i put it i it says loading files for a while then bsod's with the ntdll.dll error, my disk is a little dirty, will try making a copy and trying that, will also try another dvd drive as mine sometimes plays up annd will report back.

Thanks,
If you cant fix that one and have a valid license you can download a new ISO image.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Now im stumped, unplugged my hdd's plugged in a new one to try installing fresh Windows 7, it said windows is loading files for a minute then bsod, then got my old xp out, got about half way through the install then bsod.

Im pretty sure i have the latest bios, on the asus site the latest update is 2009 and i updated it about 8 months ago.

any thoughts?

thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DxxS View Post
Now im stumped, unplugged my hdd's plugged in a new one to try installing fresh Windows 7, it said windows is loading files for a minute then bsod, then got my old xp out, got about half way through the install then bsod.

Im pretty sure i have the latest bios, on the asus site the latest update is 2009 and i updated it about 8 months ago.

any thoughts?

thanks,
Feels like hardware. Maybe RAM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Would memtest86 be my best starting point?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DxxS View Post
Would memtest86 be my best starting point?

Cant hurt.



If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!



1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

All sorted, thanks for the info and help zigzag, after many hours of memtest my 4th stick of ram was dead, had to be that last one i tested, I tested it in a few slots to be sure and it is defo dead, now running on 3gb ram. upgrade soon me thinnks.

Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2013   #10

Windows 7 professional 32 bit
 
 

I have probblem when trying to install Windows xp but I noticed that my installation disc were corupted.Maybe I helped someone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BDOD, stop: c0000221 \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BDOD, stop: c0000221 \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
Thread Forum
is system32/root/system32.exe a virus? System Security
BSOD with error code "Stop: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error" BSOD Help and Support
%systemroot%\registration error Backup and Restore
BSOD: systemroot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe BSOD Help and Support
BDOD BSOD Help and Support
Help! BSOD Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe BSOD Help and Support
Win7 Pro x64 Constant BDOD Please Help BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33