Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: random BSOD help

14 Dec 2011   #1
hanhan

Windows Ultimate x64
 
 
random BSOD help

BSOD appeared randomly. Once it appeared when a video was played on Youtube, once it appeared when nothing was really in use.




Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & the PERFMON HTML file are zipped and is attached.

Thanks a lot,



System spec:
Windows 7 ultimate x64
it is the original installed and only OS on the system
It is an full retail version
OS installed about 3 weeks
the system was also build 3 weeks ago

mobo: ASUS P8Z68 -V PRO/GEN3
cpu: i5-2500K
hdd: Western Digital caviar black 750GB
sdd(C disk): Crucial 128GB m4
memory: 2x 4GB Crosair Vengeance 1600
GPU: EVGA gtx 560 01G-P3-1461-KR


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Dec 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hanhan View Post
BSOD appeared randomly. Once it appeared when a video was played on Youtube, once it appeared when nothing was really in use.




Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & the PERFMON HTML file are zipped and is attached.

Thanks a lot,



System spec:
Windows 7 ultimate x64
it is the original installed and only OS on the system
It is an full retail version
OS installed about 3 weeks
the system was also build 3 weeks ago

mobo: ASUS P8Z68 -V PRO/GEN3
cpu: i5-2500K
hdd: Western Digital caviar black 750GB
sdd(C disk): Crucial 128GB m4
memory: 2x 4GB Crosair Vengeance 1600
GPU: EVGA gtx 560 01G-P3-1461-KR
All of these were Related to mv91xx.sys magni Windows Driver from Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.

I would re-install the newest version available.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #3
hanhan

Windows Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
All of these were Related to mv91xx.sys magni Windows Driver from Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.

I would re-install the newest version available.
This might be a stupid question, but do I just download that ran scanner and then use it to fix any registry problem? I mean, I am not sure how to re-install the latest version, thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Dec 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hanhan View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
All of these were Related to mv91xx.sys magni Windows Driver from Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.

I would re-install the newest version available.
This might be a stupid question, but do I just download that ran scanner and then use it to fix any registry problem? I mean, I am not sure how to re-install the latest version, thanks.
Go to Marvell and find the correct driver for your system. Download it and run it from your computer.

It may need to be run in compatibility mode if there is no driver for win 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2011   #5
hanhan

Windows Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hanhan View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
All of these were Related to mv91xx.sys magni Windows Driver from Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.

I would re-install the newest version available.
This might be a stupid question, but do I just download that ran scanner and then use it to fix any registry problem? I mean, I am not sure how to re-install the latest version, thanks.
Go to Marvell and find the correct driver for your system. Download it and run it from your computer.

It may need to be run in compatibility mode if there is no driver for win 7.
Thank you very much, so far everything seems to work smoothly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 random BSOD help




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random BSOD after start and Random stuck on windows logo screen
Heyy.. So yesterday due to a sudden power outage (happens allot here), my windows started behaving erratically. First when the power came on my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, was stuck on windows logo. i waited for about 20 mins and it was still stuck. The HDD read activity light on my casing was...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD problems in the past 2 days. Random errors at random times
Three days ago my water cooling failed (got up to 77C while gaming is when I noticed the problem as my CPU should not go over 62C). I decided to install an aftermarket heatsink instead of a new water cooling system ,and add a few more fans just to make sure my whole motherboard was getting plenty...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at seemingly random times, memory dump blaming random drivers
I've been plagued by odd problems since making this custom build about a month ago, but the latest is the increasing frequency of BSODs. They never occur at load (gaming with high end specs), but often occur at shutdown (forcing a restart before I can then actually shut down). I normally boot into...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD at random moments on Toshiba L500 laptop; graphics card?
My GF has had a Toshiba L500 laptop for 4 years now. It's a great model and it worked well...till now. It started about two weeks ago, with 1 blue screen every 1-2 days. I haven't reinstalled her windows for about a year, so i figured that was the problem. Four days ago it started blue...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD with random error code at random moment
Hello Ok now i'm out of solution so i come here hoping that someone could help me I always had bsod hapening randomly but not like the this week I got 2 bsod/day when i'm playing, when i'm staring at my monitor or even when i'm sleeping with random error code like 0x1e, 0x24, 0x3b, 0x4a or 0xa...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD doing random things (Google Chrome, minecraft, random times)
I have finally had it up to here with the BSODs, so I really need help. I ran a windows memtest and it detected no errors. I just finished updating to SP1 with pretty much most updates too. The BSODs I get the most are: Driver IRQL not less or Equal System Service Exception and these two I...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App