Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after obtaining 3 recovery discs from HP, now im worried


14 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 
BSOD after obtaining 3 recovery discs from HP, now im worried

I am running a HP G62 435DX Laptop with AMD Turion II P540 dual core processor, have received multiple blues screens and lockups so i did a reinstall to factory condition, still got blue screens, HP said that my extra recovery D Drive was probably infected with malware which i disagreed with so they sent me the 3 dvds to reinstall everything and it was running good for a day then 2 freezes and tonight first BSOD, no message but i am gonna include the dump file, I have a feeling that my memory may have dust in there or is not seated right but I have not opened the laptop yet. HP says if I open it they will not replace it if it is bad. I really need a response here please, Its windows 7 64 bit OS and i just installed all the windows updates available, I probably shouldnt have installed the optional ones, but i did. I hope you can read this dump file if notg please let me know.
HELP!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Dec 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djmeznyc View Post
I am running a HP G62 435DX Laptop with AMD Turion II P540 dual core processor, have received multiple blues screens and lockups so i did a reinstall to factory condition, still got blue screens, HP said that my extra recovery D Drive was probably infected with malware which i disagreed with so they sent me the 3 dvds to reinstall everything and it was running good for a day then 2 freezes and tonight first BSOD, no message but i am gonna include the dump file, I have a feeling that my memory may have dust in there or is not seated right but I have not opened the laptop yet. HP says if I open it they will not replace it if it is bad. I really need a response here please, Its windows 7 64 bit OS and i just installed all the windows updates available, I probably shouldnt have installed the optional ones, but i did. I hope you can read this dump file if notg please let me know.
HELP!!
IF IT IS UNDER WARRANTY DONT OPEN IT.

It may very well be infected. Before you go any further download Malwarebytes and run it

Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!


Also since this one crash log appears to point to an OS file please run a system file check


Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
Quote:
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before successful
Let us know the results from the report at the end.
Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

thanks yes it is under warranty but wouldnt malware be gone if i just reinstalled yesterday with the 2 windows 7 dvds and the driver dvd i will let you know what happens after i run a sfc again, thanks for response. PS I have microsoft security essentials so should i still run malwarebytes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Dec 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djmeznyc View Post
thanks yes it is under warranty but wouldnt malware be gone if i just reinstalled yesterday with the 2 windows 7 dvds and the driver dvd i will let you know what happens after i run a sfc again, thanks for response
Depends on how you installed it. If you did not format the drive the malware can easily be present.

If you did, it may still be present in the MBR (master Boot Record). Better safe than sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 
reboot while running sfc

okay well i know i formatted the drive so i think it is hardware but just to be sure im running malware bytes and sfc /scannow again it just rebooted to a black screen while i was trying to run it last time, anyway heres the zipped file from the griff program i downloaded on this site...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djmeznyc View Post
okay well i know i formatted the drive so i think it is hardware but just to be sure im running malware bytes and sfc /scannow again it just rebooted to a black screen while i was trying to run it last time, anyway heres the zipped file from the griff program i downloaded on this site...
You cant run both at the same time.

What were the malwarebytes results?

SFC ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

no i know that, no problems found at all, i am now running sfc again, then i will do a full scan with Microsoft security essentials, but i really think its something like dust build up inside, dirty memory contacts, or a loose connection inside i wish i could go inside man. I am A+ certified but i never saw this before
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2011   #8

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

sfc did not find any integrity violations, malwarebytes also found nothing, i will go to sleep and call hp tmw
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2011   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djmeznyc View Post
sfc did not find any integrity violations, malwarebytes also found nothing, i will go to sleep and call hp tmw
Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2011   #10

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

okay I have ran all the scans and there are no problems found, i got another blue screen today so here is the dump for that and the other 2 bsods i got today and yesterday... please tell me what the last 2 said...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after obtaining 3 recovery discs from HP, now im worried




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD after obtaining 3 recovery discs from HP, now im worried
Thread Forum
Solved UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD Recovery discs not working Windows 7 x64 BSOD Help and Support
recovery discs to usb Backup and Restore
windows recovery discs Backup and Restore
recovery discs Installation & Setup
Using recovery discs Installation & Setup
System Recovery Discs? Performance & Maintenance
Recovery discs instead of vista OS discs, can I still get vista after August 1? Backup and Restore

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33