Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after installing windows 7

15 Dec 2011   #1
Raz99

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
BSOD after installing windows 7

i recently changed my OS from windows xp 32bit to windows 7 ultimate 32bit and i have been geting BSOD ever since while playing SWTOR




Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c5
BCP1: 065DFB94
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8315A04D
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121511-29187-01.dmp
C:\Users\Raz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34070-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Dec 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Raz99 View Post
i recently changed my OS from windows xp 32bit to windows 7 ultimate 32bit and i have been geting BSOD ever since while playing SWTOR




Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c5
BCP1: 065DFB94
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8315A04D
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121511-29187-01.dmp
C:\Users\Raz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34070-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!



1-Memtest.
Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable


Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #3
Raz99

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

ok so i finally found the time to run the 2 test. i ran memtest and it came up with 0 errors and i ran driver verifier for over 36 hrs and i didn't get one bsod i was even playing swtor for about 6hrs. so i'm not really sure what i did or if memtest or driver verifier fixed it on its own?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Dec 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Raz99 View Post
ok so i finally found the time to run the 2 test. i ran memtest and it came up with 0 errors and i ran driver verifier for over 36 hrs and i didn't get one bsod i was even playing swtor for about 6hrs. so i'm not really sure what i did or if memtest or driver verifier fixed it on its own?
Neither fixes a problem just its cause.

Most often reason verifier doesnt crash is it isnt properly enabled.

After enabling it type verifier /query to see what drivers it is looking at
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #5
Raz99

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

ok so i disabled driver verifier and loged into swtor to see if i would get a bsod without it on and with in 10 mins a bsod. i'll run driver verifier again.

this is minidump without runing driver verifier

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 100000c5
BCP1: 05E21654
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8313404D
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122111-16957-01.dmp
C:\Users\Raz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24507-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Raz99 View Post
ok so i disabled driver verifier and loged into swtor to see if i would get a bsod without it on and with in 10 mins a bsod. i'll run driver verifier again.

this is minidump without runing driver verifier

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 100000c5
BCP1: 05E21654
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8313404D
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122111-16957-01.dmp
C:\Users\Raz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24507-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt



I am afraid that isnt the minidump. Please follow these to find and upload it





We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #7
Raz99

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

heres the right file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after installing windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD when installing windows 7 x64 on a new SSD
Hello, im new and have a bit of a prob Im trying to install windows 7 home premium 64bit on a brand new ssd. In AHCI mode it wont complete installation. When it comes to 'setting up your computer for first time' it BSOD at around the choose your password point. I managed to get it going...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while installing Windows
HI, I've made a new custom setup that will serve as media center but whan attempting to install windows 7 home prem 32bit i run into a BSOD. This occurs right after windows loaded the files for installation and showing me te windows logo. No windows is installed previous to this one so no...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after installing windows 7
After getting my windows 7 ultimate x64 my error crash was something about 0x090 if im correct, i also did a dump collection. Haven't ran a Memtest yet but i think you may be able to help.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Installing windows 7 or XP
Hello. What happens is that when I try to install windows 7 it gets to the "expanding files" and then I get the BSOD. It says: A problem has been detected, blah blah PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on installing Windows 7
Hi all, i have just built my second pc using windows 7. On first power up i can get into the bios ok, i installed windows 7 64bit and it rebooted automatically to the BSOD info on screen *** STOP: 0x00000116 *** nvlddmkm.sys - address FFFFF880490c6c0 base at fffff8800483c000, datestamp...
BSOD Help and Support
Bsod while installing Windows 7 in vhd
I am using windows 7 build 7260 as my primary Os. I wanted to try Windows 7 Home Basic edition. So I modified build 7201 iso and started installing it into a vhd. After the first restart during installation process it gave me a BSOD. It is telling me that the drive containing the vhd file does`nt...
Virtualization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App