|18 Dec 2011||#1|
Gpu causes bsod help
Hi i try to explain what has just happenned tome while i was playing awaying on a slot game on the net!
I noticed first of black dots under my start menu button,when i open and close the start menu i had a line of little black dots along the bottom of my windows bar bout half way across !ok!
Then my firefox crshed!I thought hmmmm weird!
then i get a bluescreen of death,,,restart try gain it trys to fix disk,,
then i get nvidia manager has stopped working,then another dcom has stopped,then afte that i get 6 bsod all with diff info from pagepool/memory/module errors,
All has bsod info!
I could not do a clean install using windows disk at all it kept saying (cant locate missing files)please make sure the files are available.
I think ok i whipped out my gpu ,took out my ram sticks and battery,put them back!
Started up but still no luck so i donr clean install using windows disk and he i am all working!
Is my gpu the problem!
I have tried to explain it in the most detail!
any help be great thanks
also i had to format the partion 1 of the hdd so i could perform the clean install with the gpu out of pc!
I never got that option to format while the gpu was in!
The gpu is o/c out the box iv had it for 5 years!
I do o/c my pc but only to 320 by 333.9 on the ram! just under 3ghz and ram runs at 800,mhz.
also this is the second time in a month this has happenned im confused!
|My System Specs|
|18 Dec 2011||#2|
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29.