Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 Error: VIDEO TDR ERROR

21 Dec 2011   #1
20thCenturyBoy

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 Error: VIDEO TDR ERROR

Hi, Good day.

My computer restarted again while playing a game, It happens before but not frequently but last week and today I've encountered it again after reinstalling windows 7 changing it from ultimate to home basic.

Here is my System Information:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 7.1 5.5
Memory: (RAM) 4.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
System type: Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit operating system

Thank you in anticipation of your response.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Dec 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post
Hi, Good day.

I am hoping to get some help regarding the error "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR" that I am experiencing right now. I'm playing games most of the time when I'm using the computer and the problem occurs when I'm playing games such as Disciples 3, Dragon Nest, RF online, Eden Eternal and when I'm playing games using the ps2 emulator pcsx2. The error starts with a black screen then few seconds later the cpu will boot.

Here is my System Information:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 7.1 5.5
Memory: (RAM) 2.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
System type: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system
- Windows 7
- OEM

System Hardware Age: 3 Months
Age of OS: 2 Months
- I reinstalled it, a month after I bought the unit

Thank you,
20thCenturyBoy

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #3
20thCenturyBoy

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post
Hi, Good day.

I am hoping to get some help regarding the error "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR" that I am experiencing right now. I'm playing games most of the time when I'm using the computer and the problem occurs when I'm playing games such as Disciples 3, Dragon Nest, RF online, Eden Eternal and when I'm playing games using the ps2 emulator pcsx2. The error starts with a black screen then few seconds later the cpu will boot.

Here is my System Information:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 7.1 5.5
Memory: (RAM) 2.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
System type: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system
- Windows 7
- OEM

System Hardware Age: 3 Months
Age of OS: 2 Months
- I reinstalled it, a month after I bought the unit

Thank you,
20thCenturyBoy

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Hi, Thank you. I've read those info before and I did those But it still occurs.. I don't know where the problem lies..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Dec 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post
Hi, Good day.

I am hoping to get some help regarding the error "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR" that I am experiencing right now. I'm playing games most of the time when I'm using the computer and the problem occurs when I'm playing games such as Disciples 3, Dragon Nest, RF online, Eden Eternal and when I'm playing games using the ps2 emulator pcsx2. The error starts with a black screen then few seconds later the cpu will boot.

Here is my System Information:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 7.1 5.5
Memory: (RAM) 2.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
System type: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system
- Windows 7
- OEM

System Hardware Age: 3 Months
Age of OS: 2 Months
- I reinstalled it, a month after I bought the unit

Thank you,
20thCenturyBoy

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Hi, Thank you. I've read those info before and I did those But it still occurs.. I don't know where the problem lies..
Could be heat, power, the driver, the card itself, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #5
20thCenturyBoy

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hi, Thank you. I've read those info before and I did those But it still occurs.. I don't know where the problem lies..
Could be heat, power, the driver, the card itself, etc.
Thanks for the help. Is there a way on how can I exactly know the source of the problem so I can replace it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post

Hi, Thank you. I've read those info before and I did those But it still occurs.. I don't know where the problem lies..
Could be heat, power, the driver, the card itself, etc.
Thanks for the help. Is there a way on how can I exactly know the source of the problem so I can replace it?
Trial and error. If the computer is under warranty I would use it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2011   #7
20thCenturyBoy

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 20thCenturyBoy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Could be heat, power, the driver, the card itself, etc.
Thanks for the help. Is there a way on how can I exactly know the source of the problem so I can replace it?
Trial and error. If the computer is under warranty I would use it.
All right.. Thanks.. I guess I should bring it there and give up on my computer for a while.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2012   #8
20thCenturyBoy

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Updated, Waiting for response.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2012   #9
20thCenturyBoy

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Hi all, anyone who can help me please? Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2012   #10
20thCenturyBoy

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Can anyone help me point to the right direction? Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 Error: VIDEO TDR ERROR




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Issue with GeForce GTX 580 + NVIDIA drivers... nvlddmkm.sys error
I'm almost at my wits end with this issue, and hoping someone can help me and I can keep this video card. A few weeks ago while mid-game, I got a BSOD with a nvlddmkm.sys error. The computer would not reboot in normal mode, but would work in safe mode. Using safe mode, I managed to uninstall...
Graphic Cards
Cant see NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT video card in device manager.
Hello, i know that i am not the first person with this problem. But i cant find solution. I have HP Pavilion m9561cs (HP Pavilion Elite m9561cs Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Elite m9561cs Desktop PC | HP® Support) My hard drive was broken, so i installed new one and after...
Graphic Cards
Time to upgrade Single 256mb nVidia GeForce 7900GS (2VDI 1xS-video) ?
Via a custom install per the relative Tutorial I've just moved my 2007 Dell Dimension 9200 Vista Home Premium 32bit set-up to Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. My WPI is now 5.6 - which is the Graphics and Gaming element, with all other elements 5.9. I assume it may be time to upgrade my...
Graphic Cards
Nvidia Video TDR ERROR
Hey, about a month or so ago my computer began randomly BSODing and after a lot of research I found WhoCrashed which is telling me that for a long time the crashes were caused by virtuwddm.sys. I uninstalled Virtu but that only solved the problem for a few days as they happen now again... System...
BSOD Help and Support
NVIDIA GeForce 310M - problems with WEI and video quality?
I bought a new laptop - ACER 5745G. After the initial Windows 7 64bit installation my scores were 6.6, 5.9, 5.9, 6.0 and only the Graphics for Areo a 4.9. Since I mostly want to use this laptop for watching HD videos, I figured those are scores aren't low and was satisfied. However, after...
Graphic Cards
Error installing nVidia GeForce 7150M Display driver
Hey there everyone. I was attempting to install the display driver when I received this error message from Windows Update: "WindowsUpdate_80070006" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" I searched Google and only found 7 results with no solutions. I attempted to get the drivers from the nVidia website and it...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App