I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, but it seemed the closest fit.
At various, seemingly random points throughout using the computer, Windows 7 simply freezes or locks up. No BSOD or error code is given, it simply becomes completely unresponsive. The only means I have of shutting down/restarting is to hold the power button and force it to turn off.
- Using 32 bit Windows 7 Professional
- Downloaded and clean installed over XP Home a couple weeks ago
- Computer is an eMachines T3104 with a AMD Sempron 3100+ processor - circa 2005
- In an effort to combat old hardware with the new Windows 7 and freezing, I upgraded to 2GB RAM, 430 watt PSU and an AGP 8x video card (Jaton 3DFORCE FX 5200TV)
- I tried to update the BIOS (currently Phoenix-Award 6.00PG) today. That program hangs up while Windows 7 continued to work.
I'd love for it to be fully operational.
It is not used for any gaming - online or otherwise. I use it for internet and school work (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc)
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.