|26 Dec 2011||#1|
| || |
Windows Explorer Crashes every ten seconds
Every time I try to open a folder after few seconds I get a message saying Windows Explorer has stopped working. I checked "Always show icons, never thumbnails" when ever I uncheck the box windows explorer will not last for 10 seconds am trying to locate the error and I like using the thumbnail.
I will be glad if someone can help.
|My System Specs|
|26 Dec 2011||#2|
| || |
Hello & welcome,
* Please fill in your computer specs, so that we will have more information in order to help you.
Generic advice / information.
* Your problem may be caused by many things > RAM problems >graphics drivers > overclocking > heat issues > using more than one AntiVirus at the same time > etc etc.
* Make sure all intake/exhausts vents are clean along with all fans. Then get some temp monitoring software for cpu, gpu.
* If overclocking, restore to original
*Any BSOD DMP files produced?
If so we need them to enable us to assist you with your computer's symptoms.
* Have you any System Restore points created PRIOR to this happening?
*Type event viewer, in search (by start button) and look for errors that may show the cause of the problem.
Note red critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the CURRENT problem.
If you find any make a screenshot and upload them to us or Google for more information.
* How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
* Try a clean boot, or boot into safe mode.
Does the behavior persist?
Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program
Start your computer in safe mode
Troubleshooting Explorer.exe Crashing Issues
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Explorer Crashes every ten seconds|
|Laptop wakes up from sleep, then crashes after a few seconds.||BSOD Help and Support|
|Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) crashes every few minutes.||General Discussion|
|windows explorer re-starts every 8 seconds. how do I solve this?||General Discussion|
|Internet Explorer crashes within 5 - 10 seconds of loading a page!!!||Browsers & Mail|
|after 30 seconds of loading laptop crashes.||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.