Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD/Crash when playing any game


26 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit
 
 
BSOD/Crash when playing any game

Hi guys, I have recently decided to build a gaming computer for myself for the first time. On Sat 10th Dec my parts all arrived and I put the comp together, installed windows ect. Since then I have been having a ton of problems when playing games. When I'm playing games such as Empire: Total War, Starcraft 2, Shogun 2, Just Cause 2, the screen will go black/dark blue and the audio will loop, then the computer will either restart itself or I will have to hard reset it by holding down the on/off button on the front of my case. I have completely no idea as to what could be causing the problem. I have tried downloading and installing Catalyst 11.11, 11.5 and the newest 11.12. I've contacted AMD Support and their support hasn't been great, the best thing they have done is shown me how to uninstall all my drivers properly, which I have done and reinstalled the latest catalyst to no avail. I have also tried re-installing Windows, updated my BIOS to the latest version and downloaded the latest chipset driver. I'm completely stumped on what the problem could be. Sometimes I get a "The AMD Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered successfully" message. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've tried posting on other forums but have got no replies. I can attach my DxDiag and MSINFO if needed. I also did a clean re-install of Windows 7 on the 23rd.

My system specs are;

Quote:
AMD FX-4100 Quad Core Processor @ 3.6GHz
Powercolor Radeon 6870 1GB
8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
320GB Samsung SpinPoint HDD
ASUS M5A78L-MLX m-ATX Motherboard
OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Power Supply
I have tried running Memtest86, I ran two tests and it came out fine. I also then tried Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool, which also came out fine with zero errors. I've also ran Furmark at 1920x1080 (FS), the scores are below in the spoiler.

Quote:
AA:0 samples. My score was 1689 points (28FPS, 60000 ms) Max GPU Temp: 70degrees C. FPS: Min: 29, max: 30, avg: 28.
Renderer : AMD Radeon HD 6870
Drivers: Catalyst 11.12 - 8.92.111109a-129966C-ATI (11-9-2011)
Clocks: core: 900MHz, mem:1050MHz
CPU: AMD FX™-4100 Quad Core Processor
CPU Speed: 3616MHz
System Memory: 8174MB
OS: Windows 7 64-bit build 7601 [Service Pack 1]
I have also ran Prime95 for 4hours, the temps throughout the testing are below in the spoiler

Quote:
Test started at 10.02, finished at 14.02
10:10:
CPU : 34C min 37C Max
HDD : 26C min 27C Max
GFX : 31C Min 37C Max
10.30:
Temps remained same as above.
11.00:
Temps remained same as above.
12:00
CPU : 33min 40max
HDD : 25min 28Max
GPU ; 31min 56max
12.30:
Temps stayed same
1.00:
CPU : 33min 40max
HDD : 25min 29max
GPU : 31min 57max
1.30:
Temps remained same as above.
2.00:
Temps remained same as above. All temps are in degrees C
Whenever I try run Shogun 2, I blue screen, I know I do this because Windows makes the computer reboot. Once I log back on, I get a "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" error message. I then used Windows Debugging Tools to check the .dmp file it referred to in the error message. The result for the error message is below in the spoiler.

Quote:
*******************************************************************************
* *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
* *
*******************************************************************************

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8007e8a8f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031a85b0 fffff800`02d1fc59 : fffffa80`07e8a8d0 fffffa80`06a91040 00000000`00000011 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`031a8ad0 fffff800`02bfff57 : fffffa80`07e8a8d0 fffff800`02c7a2b8 fffffa80`06a91040 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`031a8b00 fffff800`02b675d5 : fffff800`02cdbae0 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`07eeca40 fffffa80`06a91040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`031a8b40 fffff800`02ae4001 : fffff880`010cfe00 fffff800`02b675b0 fffffa80`06a91000 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`031a8b70 fffff800`02d74fee : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06a91040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`069f4040 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`031a8c00 fffff800`02acb5e6 : fffff880`02f65180 fffffa80`06a91040 fffff880`02f6ffc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`031a8c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`031a9000 fffff880`031a3000 fffff880`037ed400 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16


STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

Followup: MachineOwner
I then tried using BlueScreenViewer at the recommendation of someone on another forum I have posted on. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to it, so I haven't.) The results from BlueScreenViewer for all 10 of my .dmp files are below in the spoiler.

Quote:
==================================================
Dump File : 122411-16395-01.dmp
Crash Time : 24/12/2011 00:21:24
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e7c038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122411-16395-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-18376-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 23:26:50
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e0e038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-18376-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-17518-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 21:32:36
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e8a8f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-17518-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-17612-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 19:33:42
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07dcd038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-17612-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-19219-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 15:59:46
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e0d038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-19219-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-19656-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 15:56:16
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e25038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-19656-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-22963-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 14:55:16
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07b268f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-22963-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-18236-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 14:27:34
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07dbc038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : crashdmp.sys
Caused By Address : crashdmp.sys+1b3c5f0
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-18236-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-17206-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 14:23:49
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e4c178
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-17206-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-22261-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 09:34:14
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e518f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-22261-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================
All but one of the .dmp files refer to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. However I don't know how to fix that driver if it is the cause.

Any help would be a godsend. Thanks for reading this all.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Dec 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joey129 View Post
Hi guys, I have recently decided to build a gaming computer for myself for the first time. On Sat 10th Dec my parts all arrived and I put the comp together, installed windows ect. Since then I have been having a ton of problems when playing games. When I'm playing games such as Empire: Total War, Starcraft 2, Shogun 2, Just Cause 2, the screen will go black/dark blue and the audio will loop, then the computer will either restart itself or I will have to hard reset it by holding down the on/off button on the front of my case. I have completely no idea as to what could be causing the problem. I have tried downloading and installing Catalyst 11.11, 11.5 and the newest 11.12. I've contacted AMD Support and their support hasn't been great, the best thing they have done is shown me how to uninstall all my drivers properly, which I have done and reinstalled the latest catalyst to no avail. I have also tried re-installing Windows, updated my BIOS to the latest version and downloaded the latest chipset driver. I'm completely stumped on what the problem could be. Sometimes I get a "The AMD Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered successfully" message. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've tried posting on other forums but have got no replies. I can attach my DxDiag and MSINFO if needed. I also did a clean re-install of Windows 7 on the 23rd.

My system specs are;

Quote:
AMD FX-4100 Quad Core Processor @ 3.6GHz
Powercolor Radeon 6870 1GB
8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
320GB Samsung SpinPoint HDD
ASUS M5A78L-MLX m-ATX Motherboard
OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Power Supply
I have tried running Memtest86, I ran two tests and it came out fine. I also then tried Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool, which also came out fine with zero errors. I've also ran Furmark at 1920x1080 (FS), the scores are below in the spoiler.

Quote:
AA:0 samples. My score was 1689 points (28FPS, 60000 ms) Max GPU Temp: 70degrees C. FPS: Min: 29, max: 30, avg: 28.
Renderer : AMD Radeon HD 6870
Drivers: Catalyst 11.12 - 8.92.111109a-129966C-ATI (11-9-2011)
Clocks: core: 900MHz, mem:1050MHz
CPU: AMD FX™-4100 Quad Core Processor
CPU Speed: 3616MHz
System Memory: 8174MB
OS: Windows 7 64-bit build 7601 [Service Pack 1]
I have also ran Prime95 for 4hours, the temps throughout the testing are below in the spoiler

Whenever I try run Shogun 2, I blue screen, I know I do this because Windows makes the computer reboot. Once I log back on, I get a "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" error message. I then used Windows Debugging Tools to check the .dmp file it referred to in the error message. The result for the error message is below in the spoiler.

Quote:
*******************************************************************************
* *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
* *
*******************************************************************************

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8007e8a8f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031a85b0 fffff800`02d1fc59 : fffffa80`07e8a8d0 fffffa80`06a91040 00000000`00000011 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`031a8ad0 fffff800`02bfff57 : fffffa80`07e8a8d0 fffff800`02c7a2b8 fffffa80`06a91040 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`031a8b00 fffff800`02b675d5 : fffff800`02cdbae0 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`07eeca40 fffffa80`06a91040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`031a8b40 fffff800`02ae4001 : fffff880`010cfe00 fffff800`02b675b0 fffffa80`06a91000 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`031a8b70 fffff800`02d74fee : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06a91040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`069f4040 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`031a8c00 fffff800`02acb5e6 : fffff880`02f65180 fffffa80`06a91040 fffff880`02f6ffc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`031a8c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`031a9000 fffff880`031a3000 fffff880`037ed400 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16


STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

Followup: MachineOwner
I then tried using BlueScreenViewer at the recommendation of someone on another forum I have posted on. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to it, so I haven't.) The results from BlueScreenViewer for all 10 of my .dmp files are below in the spoiler.

Quote:
==================================================
Dump File : 122411-16395-01.dmp
Crash Time : 24/12/2011 00:21:24
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e7c038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122411-16395-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-18376-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 23:26:50
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e0e038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-18376-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-17518-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 21:32:36
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e8a8f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-17518-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-17612-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 19:33:42
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07dcd038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-17612-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-19219-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 15:59:46
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e0d038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-19219-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-19656-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 15:56:16
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e25038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-19656-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-22963-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 14:55:16
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07b268f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-22963-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-18236-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 14:27:34
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07dbc038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : crashdmp.sys
Caused By Address : crashdmp.sys+1b3c5f0
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-18236-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-17206-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 14:23:49
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e4c178
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-17206-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

==================================================
Dump File : 122311-22261-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/12/2011 09:34:14
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`07e518f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-22261-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================
All but one of the .dmp files refer to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. However I don't know how to fix that driver if it is the cause.

Any help would be a godsend. Thanks for reading this all.
Sorry but BSV is incorrectly blaming an OS file (it often does that) we need the actual dmp files

your error codes are general hardware issues


Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .
Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress
Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. Return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.



You can read more on this error and what to try here...
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit
 
 

I've not overclocked anything and only have one HDD, therefore cant run in RAID.

Here is a link to a folder on my skydrive which contains all my .dmp files. (I tried using the uploader on this site but it only allows five files to be uploaded.)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...AzJx4vr1fdp58E

Thanks for the quick reply
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Dec 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joey129 View Post
I've not overclocked anything and only have one HDD, therefore cant run in RAID.

Here is a link to a folder on my skydrive which contains all my .dmp files. (I tried using the uploader on this site but it only allows five files to be uploaded.)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=26298975357115ae&resid=26298975357115AE!442&parid=26298975357115AE!287&authkey=!AAzJx 4vr1fdp58E

Thanks for the quick reply

The 124 error code is correct, I would start by checking the RAM and CPU.
These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.


If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!



1-Memtest.
Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+




Quote:
FurMark download site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ºC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
If the temperature gets above 105ºC, quit the test - the video card is overheating.
- Click "Quit" to exit
Quote:
CPU Stress Tests:
- http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...19182&lang=eng
- 7Byte : Hot CPU Tester Pro
- 7Byte : BurnIn64
- CPU Stress test - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
- Fossil Free Online CPU Load or Stress Test.
- CPU Stability Test description, System Resources Tune-Up. Downloads List By All Time Popularity | PCWorld | PCWorld
- CPU Stress test - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
- |MG| CPU Stability Test 6.0 Download
- LinX - A simple Linpack interface
[/QUOTE]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit
 
 

I just finished running memtest86, I let it go to 6 passes and I had no errors. I've already tried using FurMark, how long do you think I should run it for and how will running it help figure out the problem. Also the link provided to the CPU Stress Test on Intel's download centre doesnt link to anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

hi there Joey129. Have u solved your problem? I'm having the same problem as you. my specs : Asus M5A78L-M LX, socket AM3+
AMD Athlon II 455 X3, 3300MHz, socket AM3, Box
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GT430, 1024MB, GDDR3, 128bit, DVI-I, HDMI, PCI-E
Kit Dual Channel Kingston 4GB (2 x 2048 MB), DDR3, 1333MHz, ValueRam
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3
Inter-Tech Energon 550W
RAIDMAX ALTAS RMX-ALT\
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit
 
 

I think I might have solved it, Throughout yesterday I ran Tropico 4 for 2hours, Just Cause 2 for 4 hours and Mass Effect 2 for 5hours all without a single hiccup. I'm in the process of re-downloadng Shogun 2 to see if that will work now. I RMA'd my graphics card, turned out the one I got was faulty, they sent me a replacement one the next day I'll update this post once Shogun 2 is done to see if that now works, if it does, then I think the problem was a faulty graphics card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I thought it was my video card too and I removed it, running now on the onboard VGA. The problem is still there. Both having the same motherboard I might think this is causing trouble.
Would you look through your (windows logs/system) see if you can find any warnings or errors relating to this :"A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core. Error Source: Corrected Machine Check. Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error. Processor ID: 0. Event ID 19." thanks LE: I have the same operating system on 64 bits
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit
 
 

It looks like there is something wrong with your processor. Do you have another AMD processor lying around? If so you could swap it out and see if that solves it. I'd RMA the processor though.

Try running Prime95 for about 5hours like I did, it completely tests out your CPU by making it do some algarithms. If Prime95 comes up with errors then its most likely the CPU. If you do decide to run it, I'd keep a record of the temps of your CPU to see if overheating is the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #10

Windows 7 64 bit SP1
 
 

When you run prime95, make sure you have the advanced -> Round of checking enabled. Also, make sure you set the memory it uses to cover most of your RAM (75-80% of your RAM).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD/Crash when playing any game




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD/Crash when playing any game
Thread Forum
BSOD playing too long, watching a video and playing a game or gmod BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD Whilst playing Browsing and Playing game's BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD playing any game BSOD Help and Support
System Crash while playing 3rd party Game, totally unrecoverable now BSOD Help and Support
random BSOD crash after I leave the game BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after playing the game BSOD Help and Support
BSOD While playing a game... BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33