Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD trying to play Skyrim


14 Jan 2012   #21

New York
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
If it is a Sony VAIO and you have not touched the partitions or installed another OS than the one initially on there, shut down and turn off the computer, turn on the computer, and immediately press ALT + F10 to start the recovery process.
yea i did that just yesterday, didn't bother with skyrim but then i tried to play this game i played last year and it was perfectly fine. I was able to go on and play continuously for few hours before i stopped to take a break. Now as of today, when i tried to play that game again. I have same problem as i did with skyrim before recovery process. It's either black screen or Screen freeze as the screen turned up brightness and some white lines across screen while slowly the color changes and after few seconds of that i click power button once and it closes instantly. This is so frustrating .

Edit: Uploaded the dump files and system health report again incase you need it again.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jan 2012   #22

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Well since you recovered and sure everything else is running fine.

Have you applied the 1.3 patch to skyrim. It has many fixes, plus for core 2 duo.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #23

New York
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Well since you recovered and sure everything else is running fine.

Have you applied the 1.3 patch to skyrim. It has many fixes, plus for core 2 duo.
well i gave up on skyrim, my friends quitted so i really have no interest in it since they already spoiled lol, and i don't want to spam and create new thread for help on same problem, so i might as well stick with this thread but just without skyrim as topic lol. Just want this problem to fix up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Jan 2012   #24

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Actually my fault I misread where you said when you tried to play the same game again. I thought you meant skyrim.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #25

New York
 
 

No one have any ideas how to fix?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #26

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

When is the last time you blew the dust out of the computer? Dust can cause your graphics card to have issues like what you are describing. Please get a compressed can of air and blow out your computer by following the next steps.
  1. Shut down and turn off the computer.
  2. Unplug the computer from the wall and then remove the battery
  3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to complete the circuit and drain all power from components
  4. Blow out the dust with the can of air making sure the can is held upright the entire time. To properly blow out the computer, blow into every vent available on the laptop, open up any and all panels by unscrewing them (put the screws in a container of some kind to prevent losing them since they are pretty small) and blowing into the panels and open areas where panels were removed while keeping the can as upright as possible.
  5. Replace all panels and make sure the screws are snug (but not so tight that you cannot remove them again in the future).
  6. Replace the battery and then the AC adapter.
  7. Turn on your computer

Let us know if the above steps make a difference in the performance of the computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #27

New York
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
When is the last time you blew the dust out of the computer? Dust can cause your graphics card to have issues like what you are describing. Please get a compressed can of air and blow out your computer by following the next steps.
  1. Shut down and turn off the computer.
  2. Unplug the computer from the wall and then remove the battery
  3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to complete the circuit and drain all power from components
  4. Blow out the dust with the can of air making sure the can is held upright the entire time. To properly blow out the computer, blow into every vent available on the laptop, open up any and all panels by unscrewing them (put the screws in a container of some kind to prevent losing them since they are pretty small) and blowing into the panels and open areas where panels were removed while keeping the can as upright as possible.
  5. Replace all panels and make sure the screws are snug (but not so tight that you cannot remove them again in the future).
  6. Replace the battery and then the AC adapter.
  7. Turn on your computer

Let us know if the above steps make a difference in the performance of the computer.
THAT is a epic solution, i tried it and i didnt crash now, but i'll reply back in this thread if i do. Although i only tried to blow dust out in the holes where heat comes out and i tried to blow every spots where it looked dusty. I'm not good with computers so i didnt unscrew the laptop >.<.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #28

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by qwer123 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
When is the last time you blew the dust out of the computer? Dust can cause your graphics card to have issues like what you are describing. Please get a compressed can of air and blow out your computer by following the next steps.
  1. Shut down and turn off the computer.
  2. Unplug the computer from the wall and then remove the battery
  3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to complete the circuit and drain all power from components
  4. Blow out the dust with the can of air making sure the can is held upright the entire time. To properly blow out the computer, blow into every vent available on the laptop, open up any and all panels by unscrewing them (put the screws in a container of some kind to prevent losing them since they are pretty small) and blowing into the panels and open areas where panels were removed while keeping the can as upright as possible.
  5. Replace all panels and make sure the screws are snug (but not so tight that you cannot remove them again in the future).
  6. Replace the battery and then the AC adapter.
  7. Turn on your computer

Let us know if the above steps make a difference in the performance of the computer.
THAT is a epic solution, i tried it and i didnt crash now, but i'll reply back in this thread if i do. Although i only tried to blow dust out in the holes where heat comes out and i tried to blow every spots where it looked dusty. I'm not good with computers so i didnt unscrew the laptop >.<.
Good news. If you are uncomfortable removing the panels, that is fine. I have blown my laptop out through just the vents a number of times with improved performance results, so the panel step isn't entirely necessary, but it does ensure that the laptop is more dust free.

Let us know if you have anything further you need help with or if the problem returns. Also let us know if the problem is solved after doing your normal routine for a week or so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #29

New York
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by qwer123 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
When is the last time you blew the dust out of the computer? Dust can cause your graphics card to have issues like what you are describing. Please get a compressed can of air and blow out your computer by following the next steps.
  1. Shut down and turn off the computer.
  2. Unplug the computer from the wall and then remove the battery
  3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to complete the circuit and drain all power from components
  4. Blow out the dust with the can of air making sure the can is held upright the entire time. To properly blow out the computer, blow into every vent available on the laptop, open up any and all panels by unscrewing them (put the screws in a container of some kind to prevent losing them since they are pretty small) and blowing into the panels and open areas where panels were removed while keeping the can as upright as possible.
  5. Replace all panels and make sure the screws are snug (but not so tight that you cannot remove them again in the future).
  6. Replace the battery and then the AC adapter.
  7. Turn on your computer

Let us know if the above steps make a difference in the performance of the computer.
THAT is a epic solution, i tried it and i didnt crash now, but i'll reply back in this thread if i do. Although i only tried to blow dust out in the holes where heat comes out and i tried to blow every spots where it looked dusty. I'm not good with computers so i didnt unscrew the laptop >.<.
Good news. If you are uncomfortable removing the panels, that is fine. I have blown my laptop out through just the vents a number of times with improved performance results, so the panel step isn't entirely necessary, but it does ensure that the laptop is more dust free.

Let us know if you have anything further you need help with or if the problem returns. Also let us know if the problem is solved after doing your normal routine for a week or so.
It lasted longer than before, but it still does crashes with white screen that i described. How did you blow dust out the vent? i put my mouth near the vent and just blew then a few times, im not sure if that was efficient.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #30

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Have you run a system requirements for Skyrim.
The Elder Scrolls V System Requirements and Skyrim requirements for PC Games
It looks like you only meet or a bit above minimum requirements on this game. I am wondering what type of Monitor you have as well.
I was wondering the same thing. I would imagine skyrim would use 100% of the cpu on a duo core.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD trying to play Skyrim




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33