Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD playing games like LoL, Assassins Creed,Skyrim


30 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
BSOD playing games like LoL, Assassins Creed,Skyrim

Hi
I'm from Poland so my english isn't excellent. I have problem with my pc, when i had my first BS on new pc I was scare . In next month I had many bs when i played games such as Assassins Creed or Skyrim. I reformatted computer but i still have some BS while I play ;/ Please use easy language ;]
I have Win 7 Professional x64 SP1 orginal OEM
Age of system 2 months
If you need more informations just say i will answer


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Dec 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maciek25 View Post
Hi
I'm from Poland so my english isn't excellent. I have problem with my pc, when i had my first BS on new pc I was scare . In next month I had many bs when i played games such as Assassins Creed or Skyrim. I reformatted computer but i still have some BS while I play ;/ Please use easy language ;]
I have Win 7 Professional x64 SP1 orginal OEM
Age of system 2 months
If you need more informations just say i will answer

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I do this, when I played I didn't have BS but 5 min ago when I used Firefox and Team Speak i got BS something like 0x000000A
Maybe I use the wrong SPTD, I uninstall deamon and install SPTDinst 179, reboot, and nothing has happened
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Dec 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maciek25 View Post
I do this, when I played I didn't have BS but 5 min ago when I used Firefox and Team Speak i got BS something like 0x000000A
Maybe I use the wrong SPTD, I uninstall deamon and install SPTDinst 179, reboot, and nothing has happened

if you didnt have a BS then look in event viewer for what ever errors are logged.


To check for freezing/crashing you need to check several things.

1-Event viewer.
Quote:
Type eventvwr in search and go to the windows log>application tab.
Look for errors. Errors have red in the left hand column.

Look for errors that say app hang, or app crash, or anything related to the problem.
When you find them either take a screenshot of them and upload them to us, or note the event ID and source codes and look them up in google. If you cant find them in google tell us what they are.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I think this is it:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The results of this operation were as follows: 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000009, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80002eeece8). A dump was saved in: C: \ Windows \ MEMORY.DMP. Report ID: 123011-16333-01.

MEMORY.DMP has 400 MB ;/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maciek25 View Post
I think this is it:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The results of this operation were as follows: 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000009, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80002eeece8). A dump was saved in: C: \ Windows \ MEMORY.DMP. Report ID: 123011-16333-01.

MEMORY.DMP has 400 MB ;/

If you dump is 400 mb then your control panel is set incorrectly.



We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Ok I did everything what you said. Here it is my Minidump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maciek25 View Post
Ok I did everything what you said. Here it is my Minidump

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I did that.Uninstalled Daemon tools and installed SPTDinst-v179-x64. Did i must run somehow sptd or it work without my interference ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maciek25 View Post
I did that.Uninstalled Daemon tools and installed SPTDinst-v179-x64. Did i must run somehow sptd or it work without my interference ?
sptdinst-v179-x64? If it is sptd, it is a cause of BSOD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD playing games like LoL, Assassins Creed,Skyrim




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD playing games like LoL, Assassins Creed,Skyrim
Thread Forum
BSOD playing Assassins Creed III and Bioshock Inifinite BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when playing assassins creed 3 and WoW BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Assassins Creed BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Assassins Creed, error 0x1000008e BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Assassins Creed, error 0x000000d1 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD When playing Assassins creed Brotherhood BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33