Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Code:101

30 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD Code:101

I got a bluescreen on my new fig

Specs:
Motherboard: M5A 78L-M LX
CPU: AMD FX-6100
Power Supply: 650w Modular Corsair PSU
Graphics Card: ATI HD 5750
RAM: 8GB Patriot Gaming i5 DDR3 1333Mhz 9-9-9
Hard Drive: 500GB Sata Drive
OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Soon, after i installed Windows I had this bluescreen. I later installed the chipset drivers, the updated bios, and the updated HD 5750 drivers luckily before it bluescreened with the same error as before. I have no clue what is causing this error, but I quickly took this picture while it occured,. I would really appreciate if I got some help with this. Thank You.

Attachment 190730


By nimix16 at 2011-12-30


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nimix View Post
I got a bluescreen on my new fig

Specs:
Motherboard: M5A 78L-M LX
CPU: AMD FX-6100
Power Supply: 650w Modular Corsair PSU
Graphics Card: ATI HD 5750
RAM: 8GB Patriot Gaming i5 DDR3 1333Mhz 9-9-9
Hard Drive: 500GB Sata Drive
OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Soon, after i installed Windows I had this bluescreen. I later installed the chipset drivers, the updated bios, and the updated HD 5750 drivers luckily before it bluescreened with the same error as before. I have no clue what is causing this error, but I quickly took this picture while it occured,. I would really appreciate if I got some help with this. Thank You.

Attachment 190730


By nimix16 at 2011-12-30
STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg





We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Thank you for replying!

I did however post the file in my first post

It is there as an attachment

Right now im running the prime95 stress test in safe mode to see if there are any cpu defects

Also, after this bluescreen happened my dvd drive is no longer being noticed by my computer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Dec 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nimix View Post
Thank you for replying!

I did however post the file in my first post

It is there as an attachment

Right now im running the prime95 stress test in safe mode to see if there are any cpu defects

Also, after this bluescreen happened my dvd drive is no longer being noticed by my computer


There are no DMP files included in the upload try this method.




We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Here the attachment is again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nimix View Post
Here the attachment is again
Called a clock watchdog error. Read here.


STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I am right now running the Prime95 stress test.

I have a question. Exactly when should i stop the stress test and if nothing went wrong then what is most likely the new problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nimix View Post
I am right now running the Prime95 stress test.

I have a question. Exactly when should i stop the stress test and if nothing went wrong then what is most likely the new problem.

follow the instructions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Oh I see what I have to do thank you very much for helping me out this should hopefully fix my problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Alright well i did the stress test and nothing went wrong for either of them and I passed both of them.

I still however am getting the same bluescreen error.

I tried taking out some ram and switching them up and still the same.

I have also tried removing the network card and the optical drive

I have yet to remove the graphics card or the hard drive.

Reply when you get the chance and I wish you a happy new year!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Code:101




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD Code:101
Thread Forum
BSOD PLaying League of Legends error code 0x0000001e a common code BSOD Help and Support
Window's updates errors, code 80073712 and code 9c47 Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update errors Code 800B0100 and Code 8007065E, tried everythin Windows Updates & Activation
BSOD BC Code 50 BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD code help BSOD Help and Support
BSOD code 50 BSOD Help and Support
BC Code 1a,50 BSOD BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33